I have been to Bali 11 times and usually stay in or around Legian (Padma, All Seasons, Legian Beach Hotel, Villa Aya ...) and have never had such a pleasant and comfortable stay as this one at Villa Naga Maya. The service you receive from Merrick and his staff is second to none. From the efficient airport pick up (they even provided car seats for our children) to the personalised goodbye from each staff member, we at all times felt like treasured and honoured guests.
We stayed in Villa Kamboja and it was very well appointed, with comfortable beds, cool and quiet air - con and ceiling fans, lots of drawers and storage space, a beautiful outdoor bathroom downstairs and en - suite upstairs, microwave and large fridge, indoor and outdoor eating areas, three large flat screen tv's and dvd player and too many more to list ...
You share a large pool with the villa next door. We both had our own sun - loungers and shaded table and chairs and though our neighbours during our trip were lovely (we had after - dinner drinks with them a couple of times) if you wanted privacy and to keep - to yourself there is more than enough space for you to do so.
The staff and the service they provide is truly what makes Villa Naga Maya special. They recommended and then booked beautiful restaurants for us, organised a birthday cake for my friend, researched cooking lessons for us and even managed to replace a punctured pram tyre - within half an hour I might add - for us. We especially appreciated the services and attention they provided our children with - cots (with mosquite netting), high chairs and pool toys and making them feel so special - helping our daughter learn Bahasa and playing with our son.
The location of Villa Naga Maya is fantastic - within a 5 min stroll to the beach and some wonderful restaurants and bars which overlook it and just down a short lane to shops and more bars and restaurants. Merrick (the owner) provided us with a map that he had drawn up himself which helped us orientate ourselves and also highlighted restaurants he recommended which were within walking distance of the villa - all of which we tried and loved!
The last thing I will mention is something that you don't come by often. Once you get to the Villa I am sure they don't make another cent off you. The drinks in the fridge are at or cheaper than street prices, it would have cost my husband an extra 3000rp to walk down the street and buy a small bintang from the corner store rather than take one out of the fridge. Our laundry which we left in the hampers in our rooms was washed, ironed and returned to us the next day for less than what we would have paid out on the street.
I could not recommend this property more highly, it truly is a hidden gem in the heart of Legian - I just hope I can get a reservation the next time we want to stay there - which will be soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Naga Maya is a delightful haven to make one's stay in Bali a unique and personal experience of tropical island living. Nestled back in the quiet lanes of beautiful Legian, 400 meters from alluring Legian Beach and only 20 minutes from the airport. It's safe, quiet, secure location is strategically located in the midst of fine dining establishments, invigorating nightlife, and of course the best shopping Bali has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Villa Naga Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Naga Maya Hotel Legian
- Villa Naga Maya Bali/Legian