“Best 3 star resort I have stayed at! Great value for money”

Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #62 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Ok, so I had read plenty of reviews on here before going (after I booked for 14 days) so you can imagine I was concerned before arriving.
I was pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the cottage suite when I was taken there by the bell boy.
Sure, it's not new but I have spent more for less in Thailand and other places so I was happy with what it had to offer. I was unhappy with the air conditioner however I was moved to another cottage suite that had a newer air conditioner and it was like staying in a refrigerator.. I saw them replace four or five units whilst I was there and it is obvious that there is much improvement works being carried our and planned.
I hope the price remains reasonable because I will would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Bali.
Breakfast overlooking the beach and ocean. Proximity to Kuta and Seminyak (and Legian shops etc, of course) means that it is perfectly located for families and groups (we were a group of 13).
The staff are great and always friendly especially our room boy and Junior at the pool bar who knew all our names by the second day!
We always felt safe and secure and never experienced anything go missing or lost and we had plenty of electronic devices being left around with 8 children aged from 10 to 17 years old.
Like others have said, if you want 4 or 5 star, this isn't for you but this is a great value for money place in Bali!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
10  Thank Chris N

Reviewed April 24, 2014

we just got back from from our baby sitting holiday , us two semi retired ones and two grandchildren 4 and 7 . we read so many bad reviews about this hotel that we began to worry . totally undeserved too . the hotel is clean , large open spaces well landscaped and maintained , good size pools , one that attracted all the kids due to a bridge that was the perfect place to jump from . we stayed in a suite , very large and clean .ac worked , plumbing good , nothing to winge about . we have seen the standard rooms and they were huge for a room . we are familiar with the hotels on the legian beach , we stayed at the padma and the jayakarta , for a total of 12 times . we are happy we discovered another one that's a much better deal . the breakfast is not opulent , but how many dishes can you eat at breakfast?there is eggs , ham ,or bacon , juices , yoghurt , cereals , pastries , fruit , noodles and rice as asian fare , plus everyday new things like fried bananas ( once ) or blak rice pudding (twice) . the food by the pool : how can anyone complain about a $ 5.50 pizza served by the pool , and an actually delicious one. the fish and chips : only someone intent on winging at any price can actually fault that.of course , the perfect location. people make no mistake : this is a good hotel . let's hope it stays this way

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
14  Thank dan i
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was my first time to Bali & I was concerned after reading negative comments about the Melasti but I was blown away by the location & service. Yes it's older & yes things like air conditioners may not work the best, however when this happened to us we were moved straight away. The staff cannot do enough for you. If you want 5 star then don't book with the melasti, but if you want good quality 3 star right on the beach then this is the place for you! Would I stay there again??? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Cottage suites are excellent for families
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Lizzie D
Reviewed April 20, 2014

for our first bali trip we stayed at melasti . so many restaurants in 5 minute walks down the beach strip .great surf for learners just down the path to the beach .very nice rooms .comfy beds .helpful staff .good room service .all you can eat breakfast. awesome pools (child friendly)So looking forward to our next family trip back to BALI. And this is where we are going to stay:) Hoping to get married there :)

Room Tip: 2nd or third floor has less people traffic
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Francis S
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Rooms very clean with ample cupboard and storage space.
New Flatscreen TV with exceptional reception.
Gardens well maintained.
Restaurant renovated with a very good variety to please most.
Staff friendly and not pushy.

Room Tip: Ground floor family suites are very good and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Olga A
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at the Melasti for 4 nights and thought it was a great hotel. Staff at the front desk are just lovely and so helpful and friendly. A great location with the beach right out the back. It is about a 1k walk into Legian for shopping, but this is quickly fixed by a $2.00 cab ride to the markets or a stunning 1/2 hour walk along the beach (we did that each morning). Not that many restaurants around, but again, just hop into a cab. We had booked a standard room and when seeing it, we quickly asked for an upgrade for $20.00 a night. The standard room is just that, with no balcony and a small window. But it was no trouble for the staff to locate us to another room with a pool view (pool no.2), which was clean and nice. I would also mention that if you are in a room overlooking the main pool, there is very loud music that plays all day.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay at the Melasti and will stay again next year for a couple of days before we start our travels around Bali again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Shazza003
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here about a week ago for one night.
We had initially booked for 7 days but due to Trip Advisor reviews I decided to change accommodation.
I am very glad I did.

We stayed in a cottage suite.
On check in they had not checked details properly and requested payment to which had already been made.
We had requested 1 double bed, and when we got in the room it was made up of 2 singles.
The room was very dusty and dated however the size of the room was great!
Not much natural light comes in so its dark most of the day.
The room is a great set up for 2 adults and 2 kids as there is a separate section for the kids beds.
The bathroom toilet had been upgraded but water was black. Everything else in the bathroom was clean and water pressure was good.

The room needed a good dust and an update with furniture would make a world of difference.

The grounds to the hotel were nice. And location perfect!

Breakfast was not nice and the food was served in a hot glass room. The manager (or supervisor) at breakfast was great! He was very attentive to the kids and the kids loved him!

Can not comment on pools as never used them but they looked okay.

I loved the gardens and I love traditional settings for hotels which the Melasti was.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family