“Which room?”

Ranked #64 of 86 Hotels in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“Which room?”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Can anyone suggest a Superior Room number to stay in at Melasti Beach Resort (Legian) that would be clean and hopefully refurbished? Preferably looking for a room on the top floor and have the afternoon sun.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Karen M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great budget resort with a Balinese look and feel, was the first place I ever stayed in Bali. The resort has three pools to choose from and is in a great beachside location, I would imaging this place would be perfect for families. The breakfast buffet has everything you would expect and is set close to the beach. The staff have always been attentive and friendly. The resort could do with a bit of rejuvenation. Will give you a great Bali experience if not looking for luxury

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank brettski82
Kincumber, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Can never really fault this property, I'm not the type that goes looking, unlike many other people I encounter there and on TA. A great new restaurant, new pool bar and new paths winding through the perfectly maintained grounds only add to the enjoyment. Had one day of rain out of 23 so can hardly complain. All the staff welcome us back like old friends and am pleased to report that on this trip I could actually converse with them. My 12 months of Indonesian lessons has started to pay off!. I encountered the usual cache of winging tourists, with a litany of problems, mostly too ridiculous to even mention. Unfortunately upon check out an extremely loud and very vulgar mouthed trio arrived. I felt for the staying guests as the behaviour they displayed in and around the reception and pool areas was atrocious. As we know you can take the Bogan out of their home but.....

I do not feel compelled to review the Melasti again as I am happy in the knowledge that it is always everything that I want, I am not the type to photograph grey towels, dust or mould. Although I'm quite sure I could find some If I could be bothered. I will switch off to paltry whinging guests, but will always defend my friends if need be.

I am sad to be home, but console myself that for the first time ever, will be back at the Melasti for Christmas. Can't wait.

Sampai Jumpa Lagi Melasti!

Room Tip: I always stay in Cottage Suites but at Christmas time will stay in Deluxe. These rooms are great as...
7 Thank tudish
Crookwell, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

What a run down hotel aur conditioners where always stopping having to change rooms on many occasions as air cons stopped the staff very friendly but that is where the good stops so many new hotels going up around area with great up to date rooms. Our shower was half way down the wall so had to bend down for a shower will never stay here again unless they start to update rooms

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank kylie_m1971

Travelers are raving about these Legian hotels

queensland, australia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

After reading previous reviews, we were going to cancel. Thank god we didn't !!!! Out of all the hotels I've stayed at in Bali, this has to be the best for location, price etc. Yes its 3 1/2 star so i didn't expect 5 star. Gardens lovely, the pools are all great. I did get the odd off white coloured towel, but didn't care, Staff are all so helpful and friendly, Food great, no complaints there, Our room was massive, biggest i have been in yet!! Music playing at pool area, even other guests are friendly and chat to all. Just all round a great place, enjoyed it immensely. Yes internet available in all areas, but dropped out occasionally, your on holiday so not a big drama !! we will be back soon.

6 Thank rule2008
Buderim, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

stayed at melastie for 13 days,with my daughter and 3 grand children in a cottage room which was large cleaned every day everything worked well had no complaints. the staff here are so friendly and cant do enough to please you. My 6 yr old grand daughter just loved the restaurant staff. It is a good position on Legian beach close to everything shopping etc. Breakfast was good. Definitely coming back.

Room Tip: cottage rooms are good for families.
4 Thank annette n
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

After arriving at 10.30 we went to our rooms (4 booked) and only one had air con working. We went for dinner and asked them to look at it. Still not cold after 1 hour. They moved us and once again the rooms air con didn't work. We finally got one room that work...by now it's 1am. My husband ended up sleeping on the floor and the rest of us crammed in the bed. Next day we finally all got a room with air con. The manager did apologies and gave our money back for the night. The place is stating to look very run down and money needs to be spent on the overall appearance. Staff very friendly and helpful but after looking at several brand new hotels in the area at half the price I will be booking elsewhere next time. Beds are like bricks and the pillows not much better.the only positive is its location but will give that up next time for a comfortable bed and working air con

• Stayed March 2014