Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa
$197
Hotels.com
$143
$133
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$103
$83
$205
$173
Agoda.com
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
$76
$58
$131
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$63
$49
Agoda.com
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$57
TripAdvisor
All reviewsegg stationfront bardeluxe roomsmain poolbeach frontswim up barfamily suitestar resortbig poollegian beachpools are greatgreat positionnoodlesstaff were lovelygarlic lanebuffet breakfastyogurt
Reviewed January 20, 2014

At first we thought Not so bad for the price, the cottage suite was large the beds seemed ok the bathroom needed a bit of a reno and it took 2 days for them toget the aircon to work just a little so it wasnt 40+ degrees in the room. but for $90 what do you expect oh the aircon to work yeah.Then we went to the pool, the nice pool at the top had a stench around it that made us gag and the bottom pool really could have done with a makeover (tired, old, worn out ) the staff weren't much better thought I'd have to pay them to smile. Then it came to the point were we were violently ill ( not sure we're we got it from but there were a lot of people sick ) the best thing was the speed that the doctor arrived and sorted us out, (THANKYOU) we also noticed that our rather expensive hard plastic suit case (were we kept our money and ipads) had been damaged some nice person had tried to force it open with what looks to be a screwdriver. We booked 5 days but moved hotels we just couldn't stay there any longer, spend the extra go next door..........

Room Tip: Pool access at the padma
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Paul S
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Melasti Beach Resort spending Christmas & New Year there. I must admit I enjoyed my holiday in Bali but the resort is getting very tired and needs an urgent renovation and upgrade. The gardens are great, lush and well maintained. On the outside it looks like a typical Balinese tropical resort but on the inside some of the rooms were very ordinary. Towels discoloured but I managed to chat to Katuk my room cleaner & he made sure I got the new white towels. The beach towels were also very worn out and were also in short supply. I ended up buying some Bali towels on the street for myself and my family who were also staying in a couple of rooms. We all had a bout of bali belly (or severe gastro illness) which I was told is due to the hot weather and monsoon rains. Try Pacari Water - it is sold at the corner shops and a must for bali belly or just used in general.

On a more positive note my room was a superior room on the third floor with a private balcony which was nice and quiet. It was kept really clean and a flower was put on bed each day. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room service was good and very reasonably priced. The laundry service was cheap and convenient. Bottled water was always placed in my room. The location was right on the beach & close to Kuta & a 30 minute walk to Seminyak.

Overall a good stay but the rest of the family who had rooms on the ground floor were very disappointed. I personally wouldn't stay there again as I have sourced a couple of places in Seminyak & Ubud. But if you are staying there always get a superior room upstairs or one of the bungalows.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow or superior room on 3rd level overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Maree K
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was booked to stay for 14 days after Xmas at the Melasti. It was not a pleasant stay and we ended up checking out after 7 days.
Stayed in a suite cottage, while they are big, that is the only thing going for them. The walls are paper thin, so we could hear what was going on in the cottage next door. There is no water pressure in the shower.

The cottage end of the grounds were well maintained, but the resort had that wet, mouldy smell. I walked behind our cottage and there were bags of rubbish stored there. The hotel needs a major makeover.

On day 6 my friend had her iphone charger stolen from our room. After several calls to reception and speaking to the manager, she was simply told "go buy another one". The resort would take no responsibility for the theft nor did they offer to replace it.

We ended up checking out and moving next door to the Puri Raja.

I would not recommend this hotel. The staff are thieves.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
10  Thank nthbeachestraveller
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked this place for 7 days and paid one nights deposit , I arrived 7 days earlier and stayed at another hotel in seminyak and then was moving to melasti . Decided to visit the hotel to check it first , the room was a family suite which was old , dark and mouldy . The hotel is on the beach with a new restaurant (this is the only thing it has going for it ). The pool is un fit for use and needs to be shut down and destroyed . I let them keep my one night deposit and cancelled.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank l0tusdesigns
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Old and dated pool area. Service was poor. Logged a number of complaints about a/c not working and finally after 2 days got moved. Breakfast was average. I believe you would be better looking for an alternative hotel for the money paid.

Room Tip: Complain at reception....don't phone through as you will not be dealt with quickly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family