“Good for budget conscious”

Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Sydney, Australia
“Good for budget conscious”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked a standard room originally but paid extra for an upgrade to superior.
I was given a room with no towels or drinking water. The bathroom is old and dirty as are the towels.
The mirror in the bathroom had dark red splotches all over it, but I convinced myself its not blood to save my own sanity.
The bathroom badly needs to be renovated.
The staff were always friendly and helpful. It was peaceful at night.
The wifi is available in public areas bit if I sit outside on the balcony I got a weak wifi signal.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank cherryripe1212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times over the last 10 years or so - my last trip was in October after not having been here for about 4 years.

The rooms are OK - I stayed in a suite cottage room again - these are huge & I had a view of the sea. It is an older-style 3 star hotel but is quite good for this standard of hotel.

The staff are very friendly but this hotel is a little bit too loud for me - I think the music pumping from the pool bar all day & all the people who seem to spend their entire day drinking at the pool bar were just too much for me this time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NettsG
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel is situated next to the beach. The room is a bit old looking compared to many of the new resorts in the area, but is value for money. The room was large, with a very large king size bed and had a small private sitting area away from the master bedroom. The shower and toilet were old style and in need of refurbishment. Good breakfast at restaurant next to the beach, with fresh omelettes and eggs, pretty much the standard variety, although some hotels have a much larger offering. Large complex with good size pool, which is being partially renovated. Helpful and respectful staff. Room and linen were clean. Air conditioner worked fine. The location next to the beach would be the best offering the hotel has.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank touring1111
perth western australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have just returned from spending 12 nights at the Melasti Beach Resort. I went with friends and family. I stayed in a deluxe room and it was great. The rooms were huge and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our cleaning staff would leave flower decorations on our bed which was a nice touch. There was plenty of food for brekky. The restaurant had nice food as well. I wouldn't hesitate going back there again.

Room Tip: the newer deluxe rooms are huge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank nomad029
Albany, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just returned from our stay at the Melasti. It was my kids first trip to Bali and at 15 and 17 they had a blast. After reading previous reviews on this hotel I was a little worried at what was awaiting us when we arrived. That was all put to rest when we arrived the deluxe rooms are huge and have heaps of room to spread out and you have your own space without being squashed together.Yes the rooms are dated and yes there are little bits of mould in the corners of the bathrooms but you need to remember that you are in a humid climate and the hotel is old ... The main pool was having the swim up bar renovated but that didnt stop us from swimming in the pool and there was always the other pool near the deluxe rooms you can use as well as the smaller plunge pool just infront of our room. The staff were fantastic and couldnt do enough for us,especially Putu our room cleaner,he was great and he even made sure we had the new fluffy bath towels and not the older ones . We would regularly return to our rooms to find and extra bottle of water on the table and lovely flower pictures on our beds.All the reviews I had read regarding the limit of 2 drinks per person allowed into the hotel from outside shops was false as we always had more than 2 per person and were never questioned about it whether it was water, cool drinks or alcohol. The food was great and was reasonably priced . The Wed night special of Teriakyi Beef and vegies and Apple Strudel was fantastic and it was only 75000 rupiah which equates to $7.50 AUD. The gym area was pretty much none existent so if you want to work out while on holidays then you will not have that luxury at this hotel We would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend this hotel to others with children of all ages.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe rooms near the reception area as they are big and roomy and right near the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank MelC17
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

First visit to Bali and we stayed here and loved it! The best rooms to stay in are the newer deluxe rooms at the back surrounding the swim up bar, as I have heard the rest of the rooms are in need of upgrading and repairs! The deluxe rooms are so big and roomy, very traditional too. They have a little sitting area and the massive king size bed is at the back of the room and can be closed off with a curtain. The bathroom is big but basic. The only thing I didn't think was all that good was the breakfast (first in got the bacon as they didn't refill the hot plates). But the omelettes were good, just not a lot of choice for anything else. But things might have changed since we were there in 2010. The Staff were always polite and helpful. Haven't been back since our 1st trip (just did our 5th last week), but I like to try new places each time, but worth putting in a review for those who have been looking at maybe staying at the Melasti.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms surrounding the swim up pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Moochell
perth, australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Have just arrived home from our 8th stay at Melasti this hotel has always been our favorite but this stay was a real let down the rooms need a make over ASAP the main pool is getting renovated but the rooms definitely need doing before the pool does a real shame as the staff are lovely and location perfect the word around is that a lot of people have stopped coming to the Melasti because of the ageing rooms would be good if the owner read these reviews and solved the problem

• Stayed March 2013