“Good value for location”

Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #59 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The location is great no doubt the hotel complex is in need of a renovation but the value is there when it comes to location especially to the beach.
The north end of legian is still lacking in decent road infrastructure still dirt roads out front.
Positives: location, service, price food and alcohol
Negatives: pool has no shade, breakfast is very ordinary

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Michael A

Reviewed October 31, 2012

First time at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Always stay at Adi Dharma Cottages but this time family members were staying at Puri Raja and Niksoma so wanted to stay nearby.
Superior ground floor room was very spacious and included a two seater couch and two arm chairs. Two bottles of water each day. Well cleaned each day. Separate shower as well as shower over bath.jFridge very efficient. Kept the bin tangs and soda water very cold.
Breakfast was buffet. Egg station. Fresh toast.
Excellent position.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank pittsy
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a large family friendly hotel. We were 3 ladies, aged 30, 50 and 68. Luckily we had rooms in a quiet part of the hotel but unfortunately the 2 large pools were full of children so not an enjoyable spot to be. My fault, I didn't research properly. I think the room rate was overpriced.
The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, large and airy. Bathrooms were clean. Fantastic location for shopping, beach bars, massage and local restaurants.
Judging by the fun the kids were having I would say it was a great family hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 173 and 174. If you want a quiet area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank OZKiwi62
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just hot home from Melasti-Legian & loved it. I stayed at this hotel in 2005 & upon booking this year I was worried about the reviews.
I was pleasantly surprised when arriving, that it was still very clean & comfortable.
I booked in a group of family members, who were also happy with their rooms, amentites, location & option of 3 pools to swim in.
Rooms: big, a/c, fridge, safe box, balcony, interconnecting room if you need it.
Brekky: toast, real bacon (most days), eggs, pancakes, juice & fruit. All you need. If you want more go to America...
Pools: my 3yr, 6yr & 14yr olds had a ball in all 3 pools. And there is 2 shallow wading areas for little tots.
Location: Awesome, a short walk to many great stalls, laundry services, restaurants, mopeds, beauty salons, money exchange, $5 taxi (at the very most) to Kuts, etc.
Staff/Service: friendly, kind, nothing was stolen and we left iPhones & cameras out to charge. Beds made daily, floor swept, loo paper topped up & bottled water left in rooms each morning. In house room service & pool bar prices were cheap.
Visually it looked tired & in need of a tidy-up, as an adult thats what i noticed, but it suited our budget & the kids were none the wiser.
Overall: we will stay there again!
Megan...Central Coast NSW

• Stayed: October 2012
8  Thank MegsyW
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had a week at the Melasti Beach Resort a few weeks ago with my husband and three children. Had two superior rooms overlooking the big pool. Check in was simple and quick, staff couldn't do enough and were very friendly, breakfast was always good and the location is fantastic! Will definately be back there again!!

7  Thank Kate422011
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying for 14 nights at the Melasti in October with the husband and 3 of my 4 children. We had heard so many negative reviews it was with slight apprehension that we booked. We were pleasantly surprised felt comfortable and relaxed during our stay. This resort offers great location with direct beach access and for value for money is hard to beat .

We had 2 top floor cottage suites which I highly recommend. They were cleaned thoroughly each day and they were configured with a king bed in one with two fold outs and two king singles with two fold outs! a separate lounge provided adequate room for our surfboards, body boards and of course our mountains of shopping bags. the fold outs

Check in was a breeze, a welcome drink a flash of the passports, and hey presto off to our rooms, none of the nonsense previously encountered at other hotels, where check in seems to take hours.

I had read several negative reviews about hotel and security, our rooms had in room safes, as so the deluxe rooms. I also had a look at the deluxe rooms which are situated behind reception and have a lovely quiet pool to swim in. I could not fault these either plenty of room, lovely and quiet.

If I had a negative comment to make, and it is only one, our aircon could have been slightly colder in our childrens room. This comment was typical of the other families we met.

We never felt ill at ease anywhere in this resort. As for the issue of things going missing from rooms as was the misfortune of a previous reviewer, I say why would you leave large sums of money in your room, Even if you did "hide" it in your luggage. Why take the risk, put it in the hotels lock boxes or lock it in your room safe. To those who did not do this I say you are only tempting fate!

We regularly had our phones out on the desks charging each day and we encountered no problems.

To respond the negatives about breakfast, I say this do you prepare a fully cooked ever changing menu at home each day, I think not! Eggs any way you like, the best yoghurt I have ever had in Bali, fresh fruits, fruit salad, toast, cereals, juice, noodles, rice, lilttle muffins, pancakes, waffles, etc etc etc. What more could you possible want, or eat for breakfast?

To address the issues with the buildings themselves, yes, there are some cracked tiles around the pool area and missing tiles. and yes some of the pool lounges have seen better days, I sometimes think that people actually look for negatives instead of appreciating the fact that they are on holiday. I always say that if you want things to be exactly the same as they are at home, well stay there!

I could not fault the hotel staff, they were extremely helpful and were always friendly and smiling. the reception staff even organised our trip to waterbom park with discounts that we could not do.

I have previously stayed at the Puri Raja, a property I would never return, to due to the large bogan element that seems to be catered for (see my last September review for elaboration if you wish), and the fact that the staff were as cold as ice.

We dined regularly at at the beachfont restaurant and enjoyed fantastic service and really good food.

We made some really good friends with other families while we were there too, I also must give mention to the Quickie Mart Boys out the front of the Melasti Bar which my son made friends with too. Not to mention several of the shops across from the Quickie Mart also.

I visited the Melasti Spa a couple of times for massages and pedicures and was thoroughly impressed! Yes, you could go to be beach or down the road and save $2 or 3 A$ but why would you want too. I would take airconditioned, comfort over heat and sticky sand any day!

We had a really lovely holiday at the Melasti and could not find any fault (not that we were looking) we did approach the resort with hesitation, but left wanting to stay longer. Next year we will CHOOSE to say at the Melasti, even thought we would probably afford to go to a higher star. At the end of the day it is where you feel most comfortable and we have stayed at higher star resorts and felt ill at ease, and we were sad to leave after 14 days.

Can't wait to book for next year!

Room Tip: I would steer clear of the standard rooms which overlooked the street. For value for money you cant...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
14  Thank tudish
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at the Melasti for two weeks, during the recent school holidays. Have stayed there twice before on previous holidays and enjoyed each visit. This time I was concerned about some of the negative reviews recently posted and discussed this with the reception staff upon arrival. I was immediately provided with a security box at reception and made use of the safe in our delux room. On one occasion a sum of money was left in the room accidentally and the cleaner made sure that it remained safely in place until our return. This is not a top of the range hotel, but the rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The grounds are lovely and the hotel is situated right across the road from the beach. The breakfasts were excellent and the staff, as always, were friendly, kind and extremely helpful. We required medical assistance for a minor ailment and the staff were most concerned and immediately organised an appointment at a nearby clinic. Wifi is available at reception and other sites within the hotel and there is an Internet cafe across the road. A great place for families, groups and couples. So, overall, we had a wonderful stay and look forward to a return in the not so distant future.

Room Tip: Our deluxe room was upstairs on the east side of the building, overlooking the main pool. Great view...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends