“a bit tired and dirty”

Ranked #66 of 87 Hotels in Legian
carnarvon
“a bit tired and dirty”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have not stayed here, however we have visited to drink and play pool. The bar is a bit dirty and tired, the toilets are horrible. The staff are lovely and friendly as they are in most places in Bali, the drinks are reasonably priced and the pool table is good fun

2 Thank jill42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Woolgoolga, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Food is good, the beers are cold, it has two bars and a pool bar. It was very clean, but is starting to show its age, needs some upgrading. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Crackers H
Woolgoolga, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I reciently spent 12 days at the Melasti where we celebrated 2 birthdays. We went with friends and they stayed at various other resorts in the area. Melasti is on the beach and central to most of Legian. The staff is there biggest assett, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. They were friendly and polite, always. We always seem to make out way back to the Melasti at night as their beer prices were cheaper than some of the other resorts. A lot of alcohol was consumed.

The downside is the resort needs some work, it looks tied and is starting to show its age.
The pool area is big, the pool water etc was great but little things like the pool ladders were broken, the bridge accoss the pool needs work along with the surrounds and gardens.

The menu although not extensive was great and the food fresh and very tastey. The restaurent itself needs a revamp and the breakfast area is also looking tied and not attractive. I would stay at the Melasti again, although I hope they put some money into refurbishments.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in rooms closer to the beach, up near the main road can get a little noisy...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crackers H
Lake Munmorah, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

just returned after 21 days staying at this hotel,when we arrived we were put into a third floor room which was very average in the morning we asked to be moved to a ground floor next to pool and waas immediately moved and the room although dated was really good very big king bed lounge aircond...breakfast was ok realy only had omlettes juice and very little bacon.
the staf were great especially the cleaners very trustworthy and friendly,,great location quiet on the beach and not far to walk to melasti street bintangs are 2500rp for a long neck at the hotel restaurants and bar all up would stay there again

Room Tip: go for superior
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 280Jenny_D
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2012

On the 9th of August 2012 we were robbed from a staff member of the melasti hotel of $1300.00 Australian dollars. The money was locked away and hidden as was the key in a separate section of the room to the monies. Our belongings were searched through very thoroughly to find this key and all was put back to perfect order and the door key locked behind them. We had our hotel key on us for the 3 hours we were out and on return all seemed fine until we went to grab money for dinner. When we confronted the duty manager of the Melasti she told us there was only 2 people with room keys and that was the cleaner of 10 years and the superivser who both denied the thieft. We were also told there was no responsibility taken on behalf of the hotel and the one sorry we finally got after we decided to leave the hotel and stay else where was a empty apology. This was clearly an inside robbery. I understand we had the offer of a security box in the office but this is my belongings behind lock and key i didnt realise i also needed to put my underwear and clothes in the saftey box for them not to be touched also.!! I am absolutly appauled at the hotel and this accurance.! After 23 trips to Bali and never a problem this took the cake and i will not be recommending the Melasti to anybody. I will be back to bali but very weiry.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Dani R

Travelers are raving about these Legian hotels

Adelaide SA
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We had 21 stay at the melasti in different style rooms and we all had a ball. We stayed in a cottage suite next to a fellow family we travelled with overlooking the ocean and right next to the restaurant. Had two weeks of relaxing with friends and beers and illusions at the pool. I have no complaints about the over servicing the Balinese people always provide and none of the 23 travelers were stupid enough to leave money where it could be stolen .... Overall it was a blast and at a great price can't wait to do it again

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank Tim R
perth
Reviewed July 28, 2012

After numerous trips with my family and friends to this well situated Hotel, this time I left unhappy. I had $150 stolen from my room. Silly me should have locked it in the safe but this time I didn't. I informed management, not expecting the money to be returned but I felt it a serious enough issue for them to be made aware of it. The Manager advised they would look into it and get back to us. A couple of days later it was time for us to leave after a three week stay and there was no aplogy or acknowledgement from any body. The issue was not taken seriously at all and nobody came back to us as promised. When we asked if anything had come of it we were told they hadnt had time to look into it. Not the attitude I was hoping for. This was my 18th trip to Bali and this is the first time I have felt the need to post a negative comment on trip advisor. Friends have also had items dissappear from their rooms but I will leave that to them to post a comment. Melasti, this is obviously becoming an issue that you really need to take seriously and clean up!

Room Tip: Cottage Suites are extremely family friendly.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family