Melasti Legian Beach Resort & Spa
FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach(Legian)(Great Value!)
$80
$69
$119
$203
$172
Agoda.com
The Magani Hotel and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$134
$101
Alam KulKul Boutique Resort(Legian)(Great Value!)
$76
$125
$272
$187
$130
Astagina Resort Villa and Spa(Legian)(Great Value!)
$68
$55
All reviewsegg stationfront bardeluxe roomsmain poolbeach frontswim up barfamily suitestar resortbig poollegian beachpools are greatgreat positionnoodlesstaff were lovelygarlic lanebuffet breakfastyogurt
Reviewed April 30, 2012

As others reviewers have said, the rooms are very large and there was 3 of us sharing. but the locks on the doors were not working, neither the TV. or the AC worked properly.the room was so hot,and unbearable
We asked for a move, and changed to the ground floor, in the shade, the room was so much better,TV was newer with more channels.the AC worked much better.
the breakfast was ok, but not much change during the week, but a lovely outlook over the beach.the pools were a bit grubby, broken tiles and a ridge of scum around the edge, the hotel need a good revamp and in need of serious redecorating, on the whole we enjoyed the week, we had friends that moved next door to the Sari beach hotel, for their second week, we were wishing we had stayed there, they had a beautiful room with a four poster bed.
Bali is not for me, it was so humid, and i was expecting a more exotic location.i am just relieved we didn't stay in Kuta, it is such a loud noisy place.

Room Tip: ask for a room not on the 3rd floor. too much heat up there.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank vicki06
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The best two things about the Melasti legian are the staff (very obliging) and breakfast overlooking the waterfront. After that, the Melasti is just old and worn out. Leaking toilet, broken tiles in pool causing cuts and bleeding, doors that don't shut properly or won't lock, a shower whose spray went in every other direction..... and that was a 'superior' room. No safe in the room, the A/C worked but sounded like a clothes dryer when in operation and the fridge leaked water all over the floor whenever I opened it.
I chose the Melasti because it advertised a tennis court and gym as features - neither is true. Tennis court looks like a construction site and gym consists of three or four rusted pieces of equipment that are both shonky and potentially dangerous.

Room Tip: If you really need to stay here, the cottages might be the best option - very roomy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dodgee
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been to Bali numerous times and this is the first time staying at the Melasti Hotel Legian.

The rooms are exceptionally large which was fantastic considering there were 3 of us in a room. Booked deluxe room for this reason. 3 pools in the hotel tiles missing and tiles around the water line quite dirty. Ladders in the pool missing rungs making it very difficult and dangerous to get out of the pool. Breakfast average. Location fantastic, and the day spa is the best in Bali. The buildings are all old and grey and not appealing at all. This hotel needs a huge revamp. There are so many other hotels to choose from I dont think this one will be on my list next time.

Room Tip: make sure you get a deluxe room for size is the best and ask for front of hotel overlooking the small pool ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank cgfromperth
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Hi all. I am presently staying at the Melasti for 28 nights and this is my third time but i did not expect the place to fall into such disrepair in 12 months since my last visit. Once again you get what you pay for.Our first room was so discusting that we refused to stay in it,the second room was nearly as bad the third room is ok as i mentioned you get what you pay for. The staff have been very understanding and helpfull and i feel sorry for them as they are doing their best while management neglect the place. We had some items stolen out of our room and the supervisor Rita was usless and not interested in our concerns.I have read lots of negative complaints and a some good ones too I will return to Bali again but i am unsure if i would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want five star pay for it.the only good thing about the Melasti is the location and hard working low paid workers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Peter346Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I'll start by saying I got a special price at the Melasti because of a flights/ accommodation package. There's no doubt it was cheap, but I didn't expect their standard rooms to be completely dodgy. The lock on the door wasn't working, the room was right in the bowels of the hotel, it was poky and in need of a good scrub. The ceiling in the bathroom looked like it was home for all kinds of creepies, & the electric wiring for the lights etc. was in terrible shape and looked dangerous.
Because my friend had arrived the day before & had the same kind of room, we approached reception to ask about other options. They really were very helpful & agreed to move us into a suite together. We ended up with a balcony, a view of the pool, & towels that were a lot cleaner and fluffier. The new room was a very good size & the hotel is well located, but there is no doubt that it is run-down and work needs to be done.
The breaky on offer was pretty basic, but the view from the restaurant made up for it to some extent. There were lots of great restaurants nearby and we made full use of those too. The thing was, as we walked out for dinner we could see how the "other half lived" and we picked out better possibilities for next time... The Ramada & the Niksoma both look awesome. I'd be happy to pay that bit extra for a nicer place.

Stayed: April 2012