My sister and I were supposed to stay at the Mandira for 7 nights- we checked out after 4 nights and I really wish we’d left earlier. We stayed in a deluxe room which is not worth the money at all. The first room we were given smelt bad and mould was clearly visible on the bathroom ceiling. The room was freezing and had a totally oldschool air conditioner without a digital thermostat so we couldn’t get the temperature right, I know this isn’t a big deal but for a four star hotel I didn’t think it was good enough. We asked to move and were told the only rooms available were doubles, not twin share. Unhappy with this alternative I asked about the cancellation policy and magically a twin share room became available.
We settled into our new room and it was nicer- however I still felt $200 USD a night was a total rip off. The resort hosted 2 weddings while we were there; the first one was kind of noisy but far enough away from the room not to bother us. The second wedding had to be moved to the restaurant (closer to the rooms) due to rain and we spent the whole evening (until 11:30pm) listening to the likes of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga blaring through the resort. I went over to reception and found out there was another wedding the next night and I was like no way... we are out of here! I don’t want to listen to this again.
When I complained the next morning and asked to check out early, the staff member who helped me was very nice and didn’t charge us the cancellation fee. However, because I had already paid in full for the room on asiarooms.com a refund of the money owed to me would take roughly 2 WEEKS!? So frustrating!! I think that is totally ridiculous, and the manager should have authority to do that sort of thing on the spot.
When we checked out later that day a different staff member was on duty and tried to tell me that I would NOT get a refund at all because I had checked out early...after another series of calls to the manager we established for the 2nd time that I didn’t have to pay the cancellation fee and would be refunded for the nights we didn’t stay.
Also, we made the mistake of using the tour operator outlet at the resort to organise a day trip to Ubud, the driver was nice enough but we had to explain to him were things like the Ubud Botanic gardens and the Kings Palace were...given what we paid and that he is supposed to be a tour guide I thought he might be familiar with these attractions.
Breakfast was fine and the pools are ok too, but not as impressive as other 4 star resorts we’ve stayed at. We used the spa and it was really nice, a little pricey but it was lovely.
The deluxe room benefits are totally rubbish, the internet is free between 11am-11pm but for some stupid reason if you want to use it before 11am you get charged 30 000rp...I was so annoyed by this.
I would NOT recommended this resort at all- we found a lovely 2bd villa in Seminyak with a private pool for $235USD (this was a last minute deal on agoda.com) for the rest of a holiday and were so relieved to be out of Mandira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid landscaped gardens with palm trees, a relaxed resort, simplicity and touched with local warmth and charms. located right to the Beach and within walking distance to all that Legian and Seminyak is famous for, excellent shopping, traditional art markets, trendy restaurants and beach clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mandira Beach Hotel Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort And Spa
- Bali Mandira Beach Legian
- Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa Legian