“Excellent!!”

Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Legian
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Had a great 7 night stay here! Perfect location, close to shopping yet far enough away from the chaos! Great cleaning crew and bar staff

• Stayed February 2012
BaliMandiraGM, Director of Sales at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear TalTuks

Greetings from sunny Legian!

Thank you for staying with us and spare some of your precious time giving us your reviews which we really appreciate.

We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay recently

Thank you for your recognition to our employees which we will pass to all of our dedicated team

On behalf of all the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa in not too distant future

Please feel free to write me a note once you have your next travel date to Bali

E: dos@balimandira.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Bali Mandira was a great pleace to stay, very clean, staff are friendley and can't do enought for you. Breakfast was plentyfull, a chef to cook any kind of eggs and pancakes. With 2 pools to choose from over looking the beach what more could you ask for. Sunset was very nice overlooking the beach on comfortable couches. Very central to shops,atm's and night spots.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marchy62
Dear Marchy62

Greetings from Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa!

We are very happy that you had a memorable stay during your stay recently and really appreciate your comments which we will pass to our dedicated team

Thank you your recommendation which surely be useful for other travelers who are looking for a strategic location of accommodation in the center of famous Legian beach

On behalf of all the staff here, we all look forward to welcoming you back to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa in not too distant future

Many thanks and with kind regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My adult daughter and I just returned from our first trip to Bali. Bali Mandira was in an ideal location in Legian. It is small enough to be very convenient with all facilities within very easy reach: pool, restaurants, beach, lobby....We stayed for 8 nights in a deluxe garden villa: it was not large or luxurious but comfortable, quiet, clean and convenient, with a gorgeous outdoor shower and very good a/c. The staff are a highlight of this hotel: friendly, helpful and relaxed. Breakfast terrific- great choice, changing slightly every da. The pools, spa, bar menus, restaurants are all great. And it's just out the back entrance and onto the beach.
We would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Our deluxe garden villa was great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank annerasmussen2003
Dear annerasmussen2003

Thank you for staying at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa and for taking the time to write your reviews

It’s great to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay recently and really appreciate your comments and recognition on the hotel unique selling points

Thank you also for the room tips as they will be useful for other travelers on finding best beachfront accommodation in the heart of Legian Bali

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

Many thanks and with kind regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2012

It was my first trip to Bali and I was very happy overall with the stay at Bali Mandira. I was able to get a last minute booking to a Superior room, not as flash as some of the other rooms advertised but overall clean and cool, a great hide-away from the busy balmy streets. The best thing about Bali Mandira is definitely the friendly service everywhere, very patient and helpful with everything. You feel welcomed and safe there. The roof-top pool is amazing and there's great view for the sunset over Legian beach - a must see! Very good location to walk to Kuta along the beach. Buffet breakfast included in the stay was a great start to each day.

As much as I loved the hotel, there were a few things that could improve - one is the slow drainage in the bathroom where I felt a bit funny standing in residual water while showering and the hand basin has the same problem. Not sure if it's just my room or a general problem. Wi-fi is a pain being very slow and has bad connection even when in the lobby (where the main connection is). It will establish the connection quickly but 9 times out of 10 there's no actual internet, and when there is, it will work for about 5 minutes before it drops out again. Great if you like to throw away modern tech for a few days to relax but frustrating if you need to check emails. There's a wide selection of food available through the restaurants and room service, but the pool-side menu is somewhat limited to western food - would've liked to see more local dishes and snacks available. The room I stayed in was one that had a connecting door, the wall seemed a little thin as I could hear them, and I was worried putting on the TV might disturb them late at night / early in the morning.

Overall Bali Mandira has been a great choice, good value for money and enjoyable experience. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with no connecting door or upgrade. Level 2 and above in the superior rooms facing the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank busycactus
BaliMandiraGM, Director of Sales at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Busycactus

Greetings from Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write and share your precious reviews.

It’s great to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay and have been so kind to also share on your stay experience and recommendation. Your Room tips and recommendation will surely be useful for other travelers who are looking for strategic accommodation in the center of famous Legian beach

We do appreciate your recognitions and comments which we will pass to all of our team

We thank you also for your constructive feedbacks on the Wifi , which already have been upgraded ensuring that our in house guest can now enjoy the free internet access with ease as well as your constructive feedback on the room situation , Outlets Menu which have also been followed up accordingly

On behalf of all the team, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

I Nyoman Bandisa Sastika
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My Partner and I just arrived back in Australia on February 11th 2012 after our first trip to Bali. We decided to stay at the Mandira as my partner's parents had stayed there the previous year and had absolutely loved it. We loved our experience at the Mandira, the staff there are just amazing, the food is absolutely delicious (especially the banana pancakes) and it is in such a great location. The staff especially were just so lovely and would do absolutely anything they could to help you in any way, I have never experienced service like that in Australia. I also loved that we could escape to the hotel from the hectic Bali Streets when we had had enough shopping for the day. We stayed in one of the Deluxe Suites which had an outdoor shower which was just lovely. And a big thank you to Madai who organised our trips to the volcano and to the Bali Safari and Marine Park, he was so helpful and he made our stay 100 times easier. I would definitely recommend staying here!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natasha1991
Dear Natasha1991

Greetings from sunny Legian !

We are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay and had a great holiday experience recently

Thank you for your room recommendation. And your recognition to our employees, will be passed to all of our dedicated team

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa in not too distant future

Matur Suksma ( a Balinese way saying thank you very much )

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Having stayed in Bali many times but never at the Mandira I was pleasantly suprised. The hotel is in a great location and the staff are lovely. I stayed in September for my sister in laws wedding for 2 weeks. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I hadn't been to Bali before and I was SO pleased that I booked this hotel - It has two amazing pools (One which is adults only - Excellent) and a day spa. The service was great, the food was amazing and the banana pancakes at breakfast were fantastic!
I would highly recommend staying here - I was in one of the cottages with an outdoor shower which was lovely.
Had an amazing time!
You wouldn't have to leave the hotel if you didn't want to! But there is enough around so that if you want to do a little shopping, you can just go for a quick 15 minute walk passing loads of stalls selling dresses, sunnies, hats, etc!

Room Tip: Go with a cottage - Its so lovely! Outdoor shower is really novel!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pia_1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Bandha Hotel & Suites
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!