“Won't return”

FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Legian
“Won't return”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a 3 bedroom suite at Outrigger, and whilst happy with the room, very disappointed with the quality of care and service. One bedroom had a faulty air con and after 4 requests to have it repaired, there was still no solution to this issue. For the money we spent on our accom, you expect to get better service. We found the reception staff to not be very helpful, and there was no follow up from them to see if the aircon was now functioning. The hotel itself is looking very tired and grotty on the outside of the buildings. The gardens and grounds are well maintained. The breakfast was very nice. Overall our stay was soured by the poor service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Car0line068
Guest Relations... O, General Manager at FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Caroline

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience with us. I'm sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. We've conducted an internal review on air-con maintenance and responses. Much of the exterior of the hotel has been cleaned and painted since you were here. Thank you again for your understanding. Your review has been useful to us. Thank you

Allan Strahle, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I booked for a 7 day stay here and looking at the photos was very excited, sadly the photos must have been taken when the hotel was first opened only appox 6 years ago. The hotel now is nothing like the original photos and is certainly not a 4 star hotel more like a 3star....I checked in and was given a room on the 2nd floor with a spa, the room on inspection was filthy and so asked to speak to the manager, after waiting an hour in a sweaty room as the air on not working properly I went down to reception and refused to move until the manager appeared.... He eventually did and I took him to my room to show him my concerns, he agreed to move me and gave me a larger room on the 4th floor with a large balcony, then said could I wait in the restaurant until the room was checked and cleaned. So I went and had something to eat whilst waiting for the room( big mistake as started with Bali Belly during my first night) so this spoilt my holiday as confined to my new room for 3days and now couldn't eat without being sick or feeling sick all the time) I really question the overall cleanliness of this hotel.
Thought out this week I was there, there was constant noise from the workmen renovating both inside and outside of the rooms, the bar area was closed of with plastic sheeting as they were working on this too and part of the pool and area around was also closed off as work being done. The hotel very tired and dirty and certainly not up to the standard of a 4 Star hotel, although I was paying 4 Star prices!
The beach outside was filthy and raw sewage outlet to the side of hotel which was very smelly.
The hotel was nothing like the photos and I would not recommend anyone to stay there for their holiday, it ruined mine.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Kathryn W
Dear Kathryn

Thank you for taking time to write about us on TripAdvisor. I apologise that your stay with us was so disappointing. While you were with us we were giving sections of the hotel a good external cleaning. We had signage out apologising for the temporary inconvenience. We accordingly relocated you to a room as far away from the cleaning process as possible. The restaurant management and food preparation is outsourced. I have passed on your report of an upset stomach to the manager who is reviewing processes and apologises for any stomach upset. About 100 meters from the hotel there is a drain that does occasionally smell less than ideal. Rest assured it is not sewage, but waste water from normal sinks etc. The cleaning and decorating process is now over in the hotel and we are operating normally again. I'm sorry for a less than satisfactory experience and thank you for your understanding.

Yours sincerely

Allan Strahle, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here in feb 2014. There were some renovations going on at the time but the resort itself is very tidy and well serviced. The rooms are very basic but in good working order, the staff are very attentive and friendly. Breaky was very good

• Stayed February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Because of the cheap price I didn't have high expectations but it was fantastic!
Nice rooms with a safe in the bedroom and en suite, breakfast was provided and there was a great deal of choice and the staff were lovely and helpful!!

The great thing about OCEN is that its right on the beach (the hotel also has a pool with sunbaking spots and a spa if you prefer) and there are many amazing restaurants located on the same street.

Planning on staying here again next trip :)

Room Tip: Cocktail delivery in the pool area so you don't have to move as you're soaking up sun :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AshleighJade141
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here with 2 girlfriends in a 2 bedroom apartment. Hotel itself is great with lovely staff but the pool is a bit of a let down. Its not very big and a lot of it is in the shade. Also no swim up bar... The rooms are great though and you can't fault the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2014

A mate and I (both from Perth) spent 8 nights at O-CE-N from 10 Feb to 18 Feb 2014. We each had a one bedroom suite (rooms 305 and 310) and were both happy with our rooms. I didn't look at a standard room while I was there but the suite was very large and spacious. Bedroom with smallish en suite, separated from the living and kitchen areas by sliding doors. The living area has its own TV (also one in the bedroom - with DVD player) and a couple of couches and the kitchen area has a four seater table and chairs, plus appliances including microwave, toaster, and tall fridge (substantially larger than a standard small bar fridge), plus cutlery and plates etc. Also a very large balcony. It was great to stay in a room (suite) that gave such a feeling of space, and was worth the extra A$40 or so per night.

My only complaint is that the shower recess has nothing to separate it from the bathroom vanity area, so while showering water would run onto the floor in front of the vanity. My friend's en suite had tile capping so that water would not run out of the shower recess but my en suite didn't have that capping. I learnt to roll a towel up and use it to block the water flow.

There is in room wi-fi (specific to each room) and it worked fine the whole time I was there. Not the fastest connection but for web browsing, social networking etc it was fine. Also wi-fi by the pool and in the restaurants (separate logins for each area which was a minor pain but no big deal).

The Deck restaurant at the front of the hotel is great. Buffet breakfast (included) is there every morning and it's a good breakfast with hot and cold options and eggs cooked to order. It's a really nice location too, being one level up from the street and overlooking the beach. A great spot to enjoy breakfast or any other meal. We ate lunch there once or twice and dinner once and pricing is reasonable (similar to nearby restaurants), the food good, and the view great. Our last night we both had a variety of seafood entrees and mains and were very happy with them - seafood seems to be something of a specialty of theirs.

The hotel's location is very convenient being directly opposite the beach with only an access road in between (no through traffic, just an access way for reaching the hotel and other hotels nearby). Convenience stores are located within 50m either side of O-CE-N, and a number of reasonably priced restaurants are equally close. The ritzier (and more expensive) Cocoon is less than 100m away.

Overall both my friend and I were very happy with O-CE-N and would happily recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Rooms 305 and 310 are one bedroom suites on the 3rd floor (which would be the second floor if you we...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Boccy04
Fingal Bay, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at the O-CE-N for 7 nights in a 2 bdrm apartment, 2 nights were in Room 330 (with beach views) but after 1st nights heavy rain the hallway to the bathroom was wet, arriving late that night and all of us jumping in for a shower we thought it was us causing the water on the hallway however after the second nights heavy down pour we were convinced the room had a leak, rather dangerous on marble floors, very slippery and some flickering lights oh no! so we immediately reported the problem and our discomfort to the management, they were inspecting our room within minutes and asked us to pack our bags to relocate to another 2 bedroom suite. that afternoon when we returned back from our tour we were greeted at the reception with our new key to our new room (#321) A better laid out 2 bedroom suite with two private balconies & a spa (water just too hot to use the spa so it is purposeless) . Much better view of the beach and sunset.
For the remainder of our stay we noticed the trades people in and out of room 330 and the unit directly below hard at task to fix the problem. Other than this incident our stay at O-CE-N was very pleasurable. From the moment we arrived we found all staff to be very pleasant, the room clean and prepared (air con on & adequate) for our stay.

The location of the O-CE-N is great, Circle K and Mini Mart 20M either side of the hotel entrance with many other restaurants lining up and down the street, being a private road it was quiet and safe from hawkers, double six street is way in and out of the hotel so plenty of market shopping just around the corner (200mtrs or so), fireworks at night (8:00pm - 9:00pm approx) must be a tradition in the street other than that a quiet street at night so you get to have a good nights rest just listening to the waves rolling in Kuta beach. Beware swimming in Kuta beach as it is highly polluted both in the sand and in the water, Every morning army of Balinese were cleaning the beach from the rubbish but the very next morning it was just like the day before, fighting a never ending battle, I am sure the rubbish is washing up onto the beach from the ocean, very sad to see. You can walk along the beach to Seminyak or Kuta with many sellers and drinking spots lined up and down the beach.

Security at the Hotel entrance gives you that added comfort, the hotel breakfast was just great (7:00am - 10:30am), both hot and cold, with large number of choices, get your eggs cooked to your liking, poached, scrambled, fried what ever and as many you like, room service was great too, reasonable choices, prices and quick service.

We did not try the restaurants in the hotel but the price list and choices looked OK, the bar "The Deck" looked over the street with great views of the beach and the sunset. Happy hour was mid afternoon.

The Hotel itself is clean, staff very friendly & helpful. Free WIFI at a good speed.

For Bali it is well worthwhile planning your trip ahead and hiring yourself a driver, we did that with Panji, owner and driver with Bali Safest Driver - Tours, highly recommend them! Check him out on this site.

For those short trips use the Bluebird taxi, they always use a meter and it is accurate, there are others who use a meter too but let me assure you they have been doctored to their advantage in a big way. Others are on negotiation before the trip.

For the cost of 2 bedroom suite with kitchen and living room, air conditioning and LED TV in each area, great furniture and bedding this comfortable hotel represents a good return for your buck. Location is 600 - 800 mtrs north of Bali Padma Hotel closer to Seminyak.

We also requested a late checkout due to our late departure flight at 10:10pm, Hotel accommodated us with a 7:00pm checkout at a cost.

Stayed Week 1, Feb 2014.

Room Tip: #321 was great
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family