“Beautiful rooms”

FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Loved the room, we had a 2 brm apartment with full kitchen. The outdoor area was nice but glad the room next to us was vacant as we would have shared the lounge area outside our room. The pool wraps around the foyer so you can have a quick dip in front of your chair in your "own space". The breakfast was good wth a wonderful view of the ocean and plenty to choose from. We had a room at the back and dogs barked incessantly for an hour one night but other than that it was very quiet, The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The only complaint I have is that the lift was extremely hot as fully exposed glass with no airconditioning - was like getting into a sauna - I chose the stairs during the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank watozbyron
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at OCEN in a 1 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. Very clean and spacious and the air conditioner was spot on. Great location lots of restaurants at your doorstep. The breakfast at the deck upstairs was also great. Also watching the sunset up the top whilst sipping cocktails is a must. Great staff would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach look great
3  Thank Mandy L
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the OCEN for three nights and we loved the place (great room facilities,pool and friendly staff). However overall I think my last trip to Bali was unpleasant. I got ripped off in so many ways, started from the Taxi fare (mostly they refuse to use meter), Money exchange around double six beach (they called authorized but they are bunch of crook) and traditional souvenir shop (again around double six beach) is extremely overpriced. Everytime I negotiate on the price, seller always give me an excuse that they give the best price already, "for local is different, for bule (westeners) is even higher might be double or triple the price - FYI I'm Indonesian that live in Perth. When I came back to Australia, I double check with my friend that just came from Bali around the same period like us and guess what, they paid the same price as what I got charged on taxi, souvenirs etc! I think Bali is overrated, the friendliness and politeness is rare nowadays, so when you go outside from the Hotel ... be streetwise.

Room Tip: Room that facing the swimming pool, better view
Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Esterlien R
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had 5 nights here, 1bedroom junior suite. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome. A fantastic room, fantastic gardens, fantastic resort. We would definitely stay here on our next trip to Bali

Room Tip: Junior suite was fantastic
2  Thank Sue C
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The outrigger is in a great spot, the reception staff helpful, the pool a little small we went in a quiet time I would hate to see it when resorts full, saying that the beach is at your door step and the deck chairs a plenty for $6aud a day. The Pool could do with wait staff only needs one I sat there all day my last day and seen none, its nice to have a drink and eat by pool and have your order taken at your sun lounge, common in most other Bali resorts. The rooms were good, not great, starting to become a little worn out, nothing a slap of paint wont fix and the floors need to be washed daily, not done, I had shower after room serviced and walked around bare feet in apartment, my feet were filthy after five minutes. The air con in our bedroom struggled a little we relied on the living room A/C to cool apartment. Come back to room after day out to find our bathroom door glass smashed, contacted reception, disappointed that cleaning staff did not report as it was dangerous and possible glass shards in bathroom and both my wife and I were bare feet in bathroom when we noticed. Cleaning staff did not report or make door safe for use I had to contact reception and get maintenance to place tape across glass in case it shattered further. Could have been handled better, non one wanted to admit to damaging door, which meantt I had to take responsibility for making it safe.
I think the resort is a little pricey for what it offers, better for families as apartment size is ideal. . When you check in make sure you get the staff to carry bags there are a few stairs to get over to get to rooms

Room Tip: dont go for rooms at back of resort or you will never see the sun. The resort is a strange design a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andrew f
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was my 7th trip to Bali and my 6th stay at O-CE-N. It is my second home. From the moment you arrive you are welcomed with warm smiles, a lovely refreshing towel and cool drink. Right from check in to check out our stay was very enjoyable particularly with an unexpected upgrade. Pool excellent. Great location with lots of great restaurants. We used to eat breakfast down the road, however this trip we dined at the Deck Cafe and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our air con was great too after a hot shopping trip. Definitely, definitely recommend. Best mattress and pillows ever! Security is very thorough but very friendly to guests. Will be back!

Room Tip: Great sunset views if you can get level 3 or 4; if not great view on sun lounge from the bar. Used t...
1  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the OUTRIGGERS and have been for the past few years the location is amazing and the in-house service is great but the hotel now needs to have a bit of a facelift I think that the garden needs to have a bit more care given now.

The hotel seems to have lost a bit of its character but saying that it still is a great place to stay ideally located, close to Kuta night life and the Seminyak restaurants I will return but some gardens would be very nice next time I hope they read this review.

1  Thank Aymeric J