“Awful hotel, dont stay!!! No recommendation and overpriced”

FuramaXclusive Ocean Beach
Ranked #39 of 88 Hotels in Legian
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Awful hotel, don’t chose in for more than 1 day staying in Bali, no trees and no ocean

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Valeriya T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here with my mother and son for 8 days, this was my Mum's first trip to Bali and she was quite impressed with this place and the staff. We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom apartments on the quieter side that had a fully-equiped kitchen, if you're looking for a Traditional Balinese place, this is NOT it, it is decked out in very modern decor and it was quite spacious, comfortable and clean, we loved it! From the moment we arrived the staff were really lovely, friendly and accommodating in every way possible. We had a beautiful view of the ocean, the buffet breakfast was reasonable (not the best we have ever had but certainly acceptable), it was located right across from the beach and easy access and walking distance to restaurants and shops/markets nearby. We did not have any issues with the noise from the Night Club next door, we made sure we requested a room as far away as possible from the Club and we really could not hear it from our room.
It's interesting to read other's experience with staying here but honestly we could not fault it all all, it was not a noisy area, it was a beautiful hotel and we received the best service during the whole stay and overall felt that it was well priced for what we got. Would certainly come back here again!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room away from the Night Club
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Great location with amazing staff who are super attentive.

I will definitely be returning and as a regular visitor to Bali I wouldn't pick anywhere else. Prefect location for shopping,surfing whilst not amongst the tackiness of Kuta. Super clean and modern with the most helpful staff. A very high standard and great value hotel.

Room Tip: Let them know if you are a regular visitor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I have just retuned from an 8 day stay at the O C EN and the first time at this hotel. I was concerned by previous ommnets read on this forum but as I needed accommodation that suited my adult son and myself decided that this hotel should be ok . Its not your normal Balinese Hotel and is more Japanese in style . The apartment was fantastic , the service sensational , the food awesome and reasonably priced , breakfast was excellent and room service was reasobaly priced .............so what was the downside .........the pool is too deep and not big enough when the hotel is full. They have a nightclub that is on site and it goes till 5.30am in the morning . The music drove me mad and you cant get away from it . It vibrates in your ears. There are better hotels ( Nikosoma , Mandira , Jayakarta ......on the same strip that are far far better ......................the Niksoma is sensational )

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Janmaree16
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Where to start? We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our trip so we could spend time with our family, who were already based at the hotel. This really was the worst value for money hotel I have stayed in anywhere- not just Bali.
The walkways are VERY slippery because the concrete is polished- it's like walking on black ice when wet- you don't know when or if you are going to loose traction. My (pregnant) sister in law fell, followed by my brother in law, and then one of the balinese maintenace guys who came to help! Luckily, apart from a few bruises and aches, everybody OK including the unborn child. The place is falling apart because apparently the apartments are individually owned and I can only assume not enough dough is going into the maintenance fund. Our room stunk of mould, which doesn't surprise me as every time you had a shower, the whole bathroom floor and the bathroom cabinets got wet because of a poorly designed shower alcove. I'd hate to see whats growing under the cabinets. My daughter has come home with a very bad cough which she picked up on the second day of our stay and I reckon mould spores are contributing to her condition. The glass sliding doors to the rooms don't close properly resulting in mozzies etc having free access 24hrs! The beds are sub standard for this price range, and along with the nightly doof doof (even though we requested a room on the quiet side of the hotel- hate to hear what goes on at 4am on the noisy side!) contributed to a less than ideal sleep. The hotel has Wi-Fi in the rooms which was important to us as we run a business back in Aus and need to stay in touch. This was great, when it worked, which was only about 50% of the time we were there- very frustrating to get up early and try and do a couple of hours before the kids get up to find the Wi-Fi down and be told- "Oh- it should be fixed sometime later this morning- maybe around 10..." only for it to go down again the next day. The breakfast buffet had a poor selection of poor quality food and was not refilled quickly enought to handle the demand at peak time, and while talking about food the room service (which we used for the kids a couple of times) was more expensive than other hotels in this price bracket.
I thought long and hard before writing this review because I'm a fair person and don't like to stick the boot in where it's not deserved but in this instance- it is certainly deserved. Comparitively (and I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Bali) this place is worth about $75-$100 a night, not the $350 they charged us. Take my advice and STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: go somehere else
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rjfarrimond1
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My boyfriend and I ate at the Flying Fish restaurant last night. We aren't staying at the Outrigger, but liked the look of the restaurant and it's proximity to the beach. I ordered chicken teppanyaki which was reasonable, and my boyfriend ordered the steak, which was the most expensive thing on the menu.

The steak itself was not very impressive - it looked like frying steak. As he ate it, my boyfriend commented that something wasn't right, and since then he has been in bed sick. He has diarrhoea and is sweating as if with fever. I wouldn't have written this review, as it seems a bit mean to make one customer's bad experience so public, but for the fact that other people reviewing this hotel have said the same - that they got sick too.

As I said, my food was reasonable. It was ok priced, and whilst not the greatest thing ever, it was fine. However, my boyfriend is now in bed and missing out on a gorgeously sunny day on our holiday. So if you eat there - stop if you think your food doesn't taste quite right!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Stayed at the O-CE-N bali by outrgger with a group of girlfriends and had such a nice experience. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the service was exceptional and were always just a call away for anything we wanted. Had a little dilemma with a friend getting really sick and the manager was so helpful and nice and even made out of his way arrangements for us. Would highly recommend this to friends and family. The hotel is located a little further from kuta but the taxi service outside the lobby was also helpful in getting taxis or a driver.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends