New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Poppies Restaurant

Poppies Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 216 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: European, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lakes Entrance Victoria
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

Spent a day shopping in Kuta and after reading reviews decided to give this restaurant a try.Previous reviewers were correct in saying that the garden atmosphere is great but we found the food average although the service was good.My son did like his Fettuchine in a carbonara sauce but my wife and I were disappoined in the chicken supreme dish. As a cafe owner myself I think they need to shorten the menu and concentrate on what they do well.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
“good steak, not liking the 'walking to the restaurant' parts tho..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2008

good steak, not liking the 'walking to the restaurant' parts tho..

Malaysia
“Serene place in the hectic Poppies II Lane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

Went to Poppies for lunch after reading a review about it.
The outdoor garden setting is really wonderful, you wouldn't realise that the bustle of Poppies Lane is right outside.
The service the first time we went was fab, attentive and friendly.
We had the Tuna and a Caesar Salad both of which were very tasty, overall we thought it was the setting that really made the place.
Went there again with our kids and unfortunately this time there was only one waiter and we had to go and find him more than once. We sat for ages waiting for service and when nobody came we had to go and find someone. I ordered a fresh garden salad which sounded good, the lettuce was wilted and tough and the whole thing had no flavour so I sent it back. Because our meals had taken so long to come I didn't bother to order anything else.
It was a real shame as our first visit was so good but I wouldn't be going back.