“Home again..In Bali!!”

Ranked #14 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Brisbane, Australia
“Home again..In Bali!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Ok, I don't care what other 'negative' reviewers say about the hotels 'look'.. (The new owners are trying so really hard to improve the facility and perhaps what needs to be appreciated is that this is a third world country and not KMart! - Goods are hard to buy. Things take time and MONEY! and more MONEY! )

What I DO love about the hotel is the staff. Beautiful, caring, gentle people who are really now like 'family'..I am always grateful for their service that makes my stay a memorable and happy time.
The kitchen fare has improved with new additions like 'Eggs Benedict' and the Spartacvs Burger for lunch, yum yum!
Once the pool is refurbished in May - look out!
There won't be a spare room anywhere!
Well done Craig and Mark and Staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was my second stay at Spartacvs and I was looking forward to returning. My first visit was a short 2 night stay and unfortunately my 2nd visit turned out to be a shorty 1 nights stay. The room was a decent size and very comfortable. I was located on the ground floor a little ways back from the pool area but right across from the restaurant. It turned out to be a very quiet night however I don't think the place was full. I did not use the pool or other facilities but I did take advantage of the wi-fi which was a strong consistent signal. The bathroom was quite the experience with it being outside of the room and the shower amongst the palms was a nice touch. The price is a bit expensive for Bali but the extra that you are paying for is the atmosphere and the clothing optional possibility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My partner and I stayed at 5 nights at Spartacvs at Christmas time and then returned on the 11th January which was only meant to be 1 night but we extended our stay twice to 6 nights.
It was looking a bit tired for a while, but we read the reviews on the new hotel owners we thought we would if it another go, and were so pleased we did!!
The owners were so helpful and made us feel so welcome. The staff were brilliant and helpful. Rooms were done twice a day, the other guests were nice and we met some great people there.
Transfers to and from the airport were provided.
We were there for Christmas day, the dinner provided was amazing and the atmosphere was brilliant, and with free Bintang.

Thanks a lot from D&D, we'll be back!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed 2 nights at Spartacvs on a trip to Bali. We found the facilities to be quite good. The location is good being a short walk to the beach but it is a taxi to the gay bars. All of the staff were
friendly and during our stay less than half of the rooms were occupied so at times we felt like we were the only people there. Craig the owner was very helpful when we came to enquire about a room and organised a lift to the airport for us at the end. The bathrooms in the rooms definitely need an upgrade as does the pool area but I believe this is in the planning for the coming year. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider Spartacvs when we holiday again in Bali.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We returned back to Spartacvs on 27th December 2013 until 5th January 2014 (following our visit in March 2013 - see that review).

Upon arrival at the new Bali airport terminal, we were greeted by one of the staff, Ketut, who we knew from our previous stay. His beaming smile and waving arm were a dead giveaway that he remembered who we were.

Upon arrival at Spartacvs we were met by the owner Craig who greeted us warmly at reception. He also mentioned that he had read our March review and before we knew it, a reading lamp for our room was supplied :-) - nice touch Craig.

We stayed in the Garden Room - our favourite. We have no complaints about the room - but Craig has advised that he plans to replace the mirrors in the bathroom area (slight water damage, but nothing that worried us too much). The aircon worked well

Our stay was during New Year and we paid AUD25 for bruchetta, chicken wings and a bar b q dinner of fish, steak, salads and a complimentary bintang. We also received a show of local go-go boys and drag queen and also a performance by the spartacvs boys (staff) - it was all very well done. There was a plentiful amount of food and was all very tasty.

As I have said previously, it's the staff that make Spartacvs. All the guys are so friendly and very helpful. They will always say good morning/afternoon and ask after our wellbeing and welcome us back after a day out. Marde at reception and Nico in the restaurant deserve special mention from us, they treated us so well - from ensuring that we were enjoying ourselves on NYE to appearing to enjoy it when they see us and we start chatting. But all the guys at Spartacvs are very special, lovely people - a big THANKYOU to all of you guys - don't change!

It's nice to go to breakfast each day and know that by the time you're finished, a couple of the guys have been into your room and made it as spotless as it was when you first check in. And for those of you worried about Dengue Fever (I have had it once prior and have a tendency to be a little paranoid about it) - the guys doing the evening turndown service provide mosquito coils in the bathroom area and spray the bedroom with mosquito spray and air freshener spray - provides that little bit of piece of mind!

We have noticed changes at the hotel, from removal of trees damaging the pool area, change of pool recliners matresses to new restaurant breakfast menu and Craig has also mentioned other plans he has for the hotel - so things will only get better.

Thankyou to all at Spartacvs and see you next time.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is our favourite - quiet and private.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James T
Lyttelton, New Zealand
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This is our third stay at this hotel, and the first under the new ownership. We were here over the Christmas period and were particularly impressed by the free beer in the afternoon and the Christmas evening meal put on in the dining room. The staff did an amazing job. The rooms are comfortable, the air con works well. The bathrooms are a little tired but apparently plans to upgrade these are in train. Sun beds by the pool, cold bintang and friendly staff. A good location at the civilised end of town. The dining room is too dark at breakfast but the food reasonable. We will be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was my first time in Bali and my first gay only accommodation. I had much trepidation when my partner suggested we go to a men only hotel, sadly, my mind boggled with negative stereotypes. Spartucvs couldn't have been better at shattering that misconception.
The owners were friendly but professional. We stayed for 10 days and the staff were impeccable. Every one of them was always only too happy to help with their beautiful Bali smiles. Nothing can be faulted: room service, breakfast, organising tours, Craig the owner even did our airport transfer (thank you!). The owners are into their first year or so of rebuilding the business and I really look forward to going back to see what improvements they've done. I can easily recommend this place. On our last night, half the guests had become friends and we all went out to a local warung together. We met some really good people that we will likely keep in touch with. It was a relaxed and friendly place. You won't regret booking here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Sense Hotel Seminyak
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Sunclad Villa
Sunclad Villa
#77 of 206 in Kuta

Been to Spartacvs Bali Hotel? Share your experiences!