Review Highlights
Strong Massage (Acropressure/Deep Tissue). What I wanted.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Kerobokan
from $109.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2018

I was having lunch with some friends nearby (Watercress). We had browsed the area and there are plenty of options around with similar prices but I was wanting a deep tissue, strong massage to work on tightness around my shoulders. We had asked a table next to us if they could recommend a place and an aussie expat who now resides in Bali recommended this place.

After lunch i ventured down the street and found Devira. Its slightly tucked away in an old style balinese house. The rooms are segmented not enclosed- so no air- conditioning (for me that did not bother me at all). From what i recall there are 5 - 6 options. My eyes were glued on the acropressure but you can choose from whole body, flexible or a combination of three. The acropressure was 200,000 baht for two hours. For me that was cheap compared to what I would pay in Australia.

I asked for a strong massage and it certainly delivered. The masseur (male) was very firm and strong and I didn't realise i had tightness and 'knots' around legs, arms, shoulders (I workout and exercise often). He was able to identify these areas during the massage and would focus on more areas if needed to. It was a bit stronger than i expected (excruciating at times) could have asked it for less strong but i persisted through. I was very satisfied with his massage and gave him a 100,000 RP tip.

If you go for the strongest deep tissue its something to not go for everyday- to allow muscles to recover. Highly recommend to anyone who likes it a bit strong.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank GianC_12
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

No frills, inexpensive and solid. This is a massage place and nothing else but they do it well. I had a 60m massage after a bad night's sleep and it worked wonders! The masseuse was slow and applied enough pressure for it to be both relaxing and therapeutic.

It's not a 5 star only as I got a fair few mozzie bites from lying on the bed! Please spray bug repellant before you enter.

Also they tend to have more male masseurs than female so ask ahead if that bothers you.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

I havent had better in Bali. They are way beyond the average massage salon. Book ahead. They are busy.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I had an amazing 2 hour strong reflexology massage session. The lady named Abla I believe was not only using her hands and elbows, but could feel the energy blockages and was able to release the tension. I could feel that she was very experienced and knew what exactly was she doing. The place was clean and cosy, the only problem was the shower that they offered was only with cold water, which was not so pleasant. Couldn't wash the oil off and had to spend the rest of the evening feeding greasy. I would recommend this place and will definitely come back.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I had a great massage here - staff are nice, it's a clean place and has a nice calm vibe away from the noise and traffic of the road. Don't ask for a soft massage - they don't do them. I asked for a medium pressure and I was pleased I did - given how hard she went, I think a strong pressure massage would have really hurt.

Date of experience: July 2017