Abian Biu Mansion
Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$396
$182
Agoda.com
Brown Feather Hotel(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$31
Grand Balisani Suites(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$88
$58
Agoda.com
La Villa Mathis(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$109
$87
  • Pool
Kokonut Suites(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$70
$52
$20
Pandawa All Suite Hotel(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$36
The Santai(Kerobokan)
$449
$282
Priceline
The Adma Umalas(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$54
$30
Agoda.com
Putu Bali Villa and Spa(Kerobokan)(Great Value!)
$45
$38
Agoda.com
All reviewscomfy bedgreat hotelenjoyed our stayblisscanguubalconyscootertaxibathtubkeyrenovationbaliseminyakfacilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My long weekend at Abian Biu was incredibly relaxing and peaceful. The residence is almost like a big mansion with outdoor facing rooms and lots of immaculately kept, peaceful outdoor areas. It's much more intimate and interesting than a standard chain hotel.

To get in, you walk through this cool entranceway through the reception area which is manned 24 hours a day by knowledgeable, friendly staff. There are paths to the outdoor-but-private spa, japanese-type gardens, and two floors of rooms. There is also an outdoor pool connected to the dining area where free breakfast is served. You can have food delivered any time to your bedroom or have it outdoors listening to the running fountains. I spent a lot of time outside in what I felt was like a private palace compound with attentive but not intrusive staff that seemed to be always available but not in your business.

The rooms are very clean and nicely laid out. I booked a room that promised "rice patty views" but when I got there in the wee hours after my flight, they gave me a first-floor room without much of a view. I asked for a second-floor room and when one was available they transferred me ... totally worth it. I highly recommend going 2nd floor as the balcony gets more use and the breeze is better. I love the locking system ... they give you an enormous padlock with a huge key to lock your door when you leave. And then a wooden slat to put between two handles to close it when you are inside. When you leave the residence, you leave the key behind in this big bowl and when you come back, you pick up your key from the bowl. This place is not for people who are paranoid about their belongings, or about bugs crawling in through cracks in the doors and windows. There is wi-fi but it can be slow and unpredictable.

Staff is amazing. They booked taxis, excursions, spa services, everything. Whenever I came back, they addressed me by name, gave me updates on my next excursions, and gave helpful suggestions. I felt like I was staying a family friend's home.

Location is a bit out of the way. It's only 15 minutes and USD$8 taxi to Kuta for shopping, beaches, food, and clubbing. But the neighborhood is sketchy so there's nowhere to walk to from there. The taxi driver from the airport got lost for 2 hours and cursed the whole time and asked for extra tip because he couldn't find it. Several more taxi drivers had difficulty finding it, so definitely take the number of the place with you. Once you're there though, it's tempting to just stay inside the compound and recharge.

Overall I highly recommend this for people who are looking for peaceful ambiance and intimate service outside of the riff raff of Bali. It's not good for rowdy partiers, people who like to stay in mainstream areas, or people averse to bugs.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank mls206
Reviewed February 16, 2010

It's a lovely place if you want out of the busy Kuta area. Friendly, efficient staff as when I requested for something, it will only took them less than 3 minutes to get them to my room!!! Breakfast can be served at room and that's what we did...having it at our balcony. Breakfast is average though. Room is cleaned everyday with fresh towels supplied daily.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Our first visit to Bali. We stayed in 3 different locations and styles of accommodation during our stay (Intercontinental - Jimbaryan Bay & Komaneka Ubud). There was a lovely welcome from the staff at Abian Biu when we arrived and at all times they were more than happy to accommodate special requests and offer help and guidance with the 'what & how' to do things in Bali. It is out of town a bit, so, too far to walk. We hired a motor bike which turned out to be a fantastic (and free feeling) way to get around. It was nice not to be staying in the madness of Kuta. The rooms were clean and the outdoor shower and bath a unique experience. Food, restaurant and pool is basic but as with all Bali hotels the plants and grounds are lovely. Besides the friendly staff the other huge bonus of staying here was the value for money. We stayed for 3 nights for $15 more than 1 night at Hotel Intercontinental. We spent most of our time out and about so to spend a heap of money on a luxury hotel would have been wasted. We would stay here again. Tip - just ask for a room away from the road at the front of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple