“Very nice - quiet and peaceful with great staff”
Review of Abian Biu Mansion

Abian Biu Mansion
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am probably one of the view people that travels to Bali to work so my review is based on coming back to the hotel after a day in the office, however it suited me very well. The hotel is quiet and peaceful. I stayed for four nights and it felt like I had the place to myself for most of the week. The rooms are spacious and very nicely appointed - not really five star but good enough to give a feel of warmth and atmosphere. The small balconies with seating areas are very nice and private. What I lacked in my room was a mounted shower (only a short hose in the bath tub) but the pool made up for this very well.

Despite my jet leg I slept very well - the bed was excellent and the air-conditioning very quiet.

The hotel is clean and has that boutique service where each staff member knows you within an hour of arrival and tries very hard to make you feel comfortable. What the staff lacks in understanding the English language, they definitely make up in effort.

Not a hotel where you want to crash the bar in the evening, but if you are looking for a quiet and comfortable haven in Bali (and I know I do), then this is a perfect place.

Oh...and FREE WIFI that works...always a blessing!

Room Tip: Room 6 is excellent in location if you can do without a stand-up shower...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Lovely little place, the service was impeccable and the staff went out of their way to help out with anything. They even drive me down the road every morning where I was working free if charge. The rooms are lovely and the cleaning staff didi an excellent job every day, they even folded my clothes beautifully that I had left on the chair! The food from the restaurant was great, best papaya salad I have had and the fruit platter was lovely. Breakfast was great and the eggs were always done perfectly.

My only little niggle is that the Mosquitos can get through the gaps in the shutters so I did get eaten every night despite bug lotion and the machine. I did chat to them about this though so am hoping they can try and sort out the problem in future.

Overall great place and great staff.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Weezsa
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed in hotel for 5 nights and had a fantastic experience. Staff service is excellent. Very helpful
Breakfast was fresh and great. Customized it for vegetarians.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
AbianBiuMansion, Director of Sales at Abian Biu Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Sir,

Warmest greeting from Abian Biu Mansion "A Delight of Peranakan Culture"

Thank you for writing comments on TripAdvisor. Your review will help other guests to stay at our hotel. We will always forward to welcoming you back next time.
Hopefully in the future we'll give you something new in the experience of staying at our hotel.

With all due respect

On Behalf of the Management Abian Biu Mansion

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Relaxing atmosphere matched with beautiful rooms with all the comforts needed! Amazing breakfast that will leave you satisfied right through to dinner!! Very happy Custermer thankyou

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank M H

Dear Megharding

Warmest greeting from Abian Biu Mansion "A Delight of Peranakan Culture"

How are you? hope with this e-mail find you well.
Our first thank you is to stay at our hotel and gave a review on TripAdvisor. Your review will help our customer is to choose our hotel as a destination to stay.
We hope all your experiences during your stay at Abian Biu Mansion will make unforgettable memories.
And you will stay back to the future, we will be happy to welcome you back.

With all due respect

On Behalf of the Management Abian Biu

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Atmosphere like in Ubud with air is cool and quiet, there are still rice fields surrounding the hotel. arrived at the hotel greeted by friendly staff. Hotel has undergone many changes since the last time coming here in 2010. And it turns out the hotel was in a total renovation.
Hotels are now more modern and clean with the concept of Peranakan Culture. The owner Mr. Yoseph (he is mix Chinese - Indonesian) told me that he want to share with the guest to get the new experiences in his hotel. The hotel is made mixed with Chinese - Indonesian style with modern elements.
All the better improved facilities.Ambient conditions better than the last time I stay at in 2010. Comfortable beds and facilities in the room is very complete, very good internet connection with Wi-Fi, tv cable, bathroom with bathtub and toilette amenities.
Balkon very comfortable, I get a room directly overlooking the rice fields and gardens on the second floor.
Swimming pool although small but very clean and comfortable.
The food at Bian Yue Restaurant very tasty.The signature menu from Mr. Yoseph family's signature.
And also the option of Pan Asian food.
Of all the foods that I like is the Yue-style Laksa Cia.
Breakfast is very good.
One day I'll come and stay again at Abian Biu Mansion.

Room Tip: All room have a private balcony and perfect.Some with pool view and some with garden view, if you...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank obiecute
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have always wanted to stay in Abian Biu Residence but never got the chance until Jan 3rd. We were at the end of our holiday, we had one night left and we didn't have any reservations because we decided to 'risk' it. I called Abian Biu and they managed to give us an available room with a good rate.
When we came there we did not see any Abian Biu' sign because it turned out that the renovation was just finished 2 weeks before we came, only the 'Bian Yue' restaurant sign.
When we entered the hotel, we were impressed by how this place gave a very homy and relaxing feeling; the small bridge, high ceiling in the lobby, ponds on both sides. The room is also very nice, with a cute little balcony, and boy the bed is very comfy!
The main strength of Abian Biu is the design concept and how consistent they are with the concept - I love all of the small little details. We actually took quite some pictures there :) The food at Bian Yue restaurant is very delicious and the presentation is good. The pool is small but nice. The location is perfect, not too close and not too far from Seminyak.
If I can give inputs to Abian Biu: watch the piping in the bathroom, add the towels, towel hanger, curtain for the bathub in the bathroom, add more power plugs inside the bedroom, and add pool lounges around the swimming pool (or maybe they have all these on the way since it is just re-opened). The rest is perfect and I wish we can go back there again soon :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lancerine
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Yah maybe the location is off the crowded beaches but its not to far away just enough so that its quiet. This is a great place to stay on vacation especially for couples, they offer good food and decent prices and the pool although is small is well maintained. Bali is a great place and romantic place, and this hotel just made our stay much much better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank jasoncanada101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Palloma Hotel Kuta
#8 of 35 in Kerobokan
Destiny Boutique Hotel
Destiny Boutique Hotel
#87 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Abian Biu Mansion? Share your experiences!