I have always wanted to stay in Abian Biu Residence but never got the chance until Jan 3rd. We were at the end of our holiday, we had one night left and we didn't have any reservations because we decided to 'risk' it. I called Abian Biu and they managed to give us an available room with a good rate.
When we came there we did not see any Abian Biu' sign because it turned out that the renovation was just finished 2 weeks before we came, only the 'Bian Yue' restaurant sign.
When we entered the hotel, we were impressed by how this place gave a very homy and relaxing feeling; the small bridge, high ceiling in the lobby, ponds on both sides. The room is also very nice, with a cute little balcony, and boy the bed is very comfy!
The main strength of Abian Biu is the design concept and how consistent they are with the concept - I love all of the small little details. We actually took quite some pictures there :) The food at Bian Yue restaurant is very delicious and the presentation is good. The pool is small but nice. The location is perfect, not too close and not too far from Seminyak.
If I can give inputs to Abian Biu: watch the piping in the bathroom, add the towels, towel hanger, curtain for the bathub in the bathroom, add more power plugs inside the bedroom, and add pool lounges around the swimming pool (or maybe they have all these on the way since it is just re-opened). The rest is perfect and I wish we can go back there again soon :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Delight of Peranakan Culture, It is a cultural destination........Our Hotel & Restaurant located at prime area of Umalas-Kerobokan, Bali’s most sought after area with beautiful beach. Just 5 minutes to Seminyak Shops where you can find Balinese handycraft, modern art galleries, wine shops, silver jewelry, and various clothing shops with from local made until international quality. We provided you mansion with unique design concept with pool view, tropical garden view, and Balinese ricefield view. Established ten years ago as an accommodation in graceful concept with the theme of a royal house, Abian Biu is currently completing a total transformation. This transformation also brings a new name to the accommodation – Abian Biu Mansion – to commence its operation in December 2011.The prime renovation to the Abian Biu lies in the concept which becomes the central theme of Abian Biu Mansion. The Peranakan Culture of coastal area has now become the background of the Abian Biu Mansion, making this unique accommodation a cultural destination to manifest the coastal Peranakan culture of the archipelago.The coastal Peranakan is a symbol of acculturation of cultures and multicultural process through marriages between the Chinese ethnic and the Indonesian population living in the coastal areas of the archipelago since centuries ago. These form of marriages did not only form a new culture but also created a marriage of cultures that enriches the diversity of the archipelago.As a result of this, we now can take delight in a great variety of food and culinary, traditions, fabrics, music, and other kind of arts. Abian Biu Mansion encapsulates the coastal Peranakan culture in a variety of forms to entice your senses. Bian Yue and Amoy, our two new beautifully decorated restaurants in very special ambiance offer you the very rich culinary of the Peranakan.Our 12 rooms available at Abian Biu Mansion bears the theme of Peranakan as found in the coastal areas of the archipelago such as Palembang, Lasem, Cirebon, Pekalongan, Semarang, Tuban, and Singaraja. Each of these areas carries its own specific cultural attribute that is adopted as Abian Biu Mansion’s special identity.The owner of Abian Biu Mansion, Yoseph interestingly reiterates “For us The Archipelago Coastal Peranakan is much more than a theme of decoration or ornaments one finds at our premises.At the Abian Biu Mansion we want to share the spirit of diversity in the life of our nation.” Further, he says “In addition to that exotic blend of cultures, we make sure that our management is based on very genuine and sincere Indonesian hospitality which is full of dedication.”Abian Biu Mansion is indeed a representation to give an added value in Bali tourism. In responsible tourism, it is highly recommended that we give a cultural experience to our clients. Therefore, Abian Biu Mansion is more than just a tourist accommodation. It is a Cultural Destination................ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Abian Biu Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abian Biu Residence Hotel Kerobokan
- Abian Biu Mansion Bali/Kerobokan