“Amazing hidden oasis”

Ranked #44 of 114 Specialty Lodging in Kerobokan
Nerang, Australia
“Amazing hidden oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I booked this place online so wasn't sure what to expect however I was pleasantly surprised. It is quite out of the way but after the hustle and bustle of Kuta/Legian/Seminyak, it's lovely to come back to the peace and quiet and dive into my private pool to cool off. The Villa is wonderful, a real luxurious place, so clean and spacious. Breakfast of your choice is cooked in your room by staff member at the time of your choosing and was very delicious.

Room Tip: Location is great for escaping from the rat race but not so good if you like to be within walking di...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jill D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

My partner and I recently spent 6 nights at the Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa and we could not recommend this place more highly. We stayed in an one bedroom villa and the price of the accommodation was exceptionally good.
The staff at the Villas were all extremely friendly and constantly bent over backwards to help us at every opportunity.
The villa was spectacular, and included a 4 by 4m private pool, spacious bath/spa, king size bed, cable TV and kitchenette. Each morning a member of staff came to the villa at the time we specified and prepared our breakfast.
The staff were extremely helpful with booking tours and activities and were always available to shuttle us to wherever we wanted to go for a very reasonable price. The villas are about 20-30 minutes from the beach resort areas but this suited us as we value the peace and quiet and relaxing atmosphere this place offered. It is close to Changuu beach and Tanah Lot.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evo87
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in Bali so decided to try somewhere new and found this little gem.
It is a great place for couples as it is quiet and secluded.
The villa was pure heaven, private pool clean and lots of room.
A staff member to cook you breakfast in the privacy of your villa each morning was a nice touch.
The staff were fantastic. Very friendly and quick to respond to any request.
It is a fair way away from the heart of Kuta but only 5 minutes from Seminyak and they do provide a taxi service directly from the villa's for a small fee.
Would recommend for those of you wanting some time away from the full on pace of life and coming to unwind and relax.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeelightfulinPerth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well where do I start with this amazing experience? The villa itself is gorgous, clean and very spacious but what impressed me was the service from the beautiful staff!! They always greeted us with a friendly smile and were very helpful with organising taxis and day trips for us. They always went that extra mile for us. It's a bit out of the way of the hussle and bustle of kuta and seminyak but it only cost us $4aud to get to seminyak by taxi and the restaurants near by are amazing!!!! We often had lunch in the Umalas area. I lost my phone in a taxi and the staff successfully tracked it down for me. I will definitely be back and I reccomend this for anyone who wants a quieter holiday or do as we did and split our time between a busy location and then a more quieter relaxed location. Thankyou again to the amazing staff at grand akhyati for an unforgettable holiday

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Val3nt1na87
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. It's not near the hustle and bustle, which suited us, but if you want to get there it's quick and relatively cheap (5 - 75k rupee to Seminyak or Kuta, through the hotel and taxis, we didn't bother negotiating).
Our only criticism is the lack of towels in the room, with the private pool as well as the stunning bathroom there's only one towel each... If you use the towel for your ablutions there's no dry towel for after the pool and with the slippery tiles you need to be dry when you get out of the pool. I also think you need to update the files in the rooms, there was no mention of wireless or offer to call for more towels. I also think you could fit a decent sized drying rack in the bathroom for the extra towels you're going to provide ;)
The weather was awesome, we didn't feel too hot when not in the bedroom and enjoyed the open air living space.
We loved having the butler come and make our breakfast each day, though maybe more understanding of people who don't eat eggs would be helpful (mind you, I did like the basket of croissants instead).
The staff were polite, helpful and friendly.
Can't wait to come back, hoping to bring my husband in November ;). Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

stayed in 1 room bedroom villa and the room was awesome, with our own private pool. the service was excellent and the staffs are friendly and very helpfull. wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy the villa. the villa is mainly surrounded by paddy and a bit far away from shops but we did not find that as a problem as everyting was provided there in the villa. would strongly recommend it to all who wish for a romantic and peaceful stay in seminyak, bali. thank you grand akhyati!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gee09_13
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

It is a neat experience to stay at a Bali villa with private rooms. The staff is very friendly. All of the tranquility and peace and quite, and so on and so forth. But, the devil is in the details. There is no desk and chair inside the rooms, so it is quite inconvenient as you have to put everything on the floor, which I do not like, especially in a tropical area where little bugs and insects can fly and crawl in and out all the time. The linen smelled a bit moldy on the first night. The bathroom allows water to be splattered everywhere, so, you may find the walls and floors not as clean as you would like in a regular hotel. The breakfast menu offers choices, but after 2 days I pretty much just did not want to eat anything anymore. I think the heat, humidity and local version of western food just got to me. Also, be ware, the bedroom is the only fully enclosed room with AC - all other rooms have big openings or shared roof space, so, your bedroom may be nice and cool, but to get to the bathroom is like going into the oven - unfortunately I had to let the AC run with the door open, so my bedroom is not too cold, my bathroom stays cool - but risk letting the Mosquitos in. Lighting is also lacking where there are steps.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Leen2n2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Uppala Villa & Spa Umalas
#13 of 114 in Kerobokan
Grand Avenue Bali
Grand Avenue Bali
#70 of 114 in Kerobokan

Been to Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa? Share your experiences!