I had recently been to this villa and was amazed on how secluded and yet in middle of the town this place was. Its about 10 mins away from the most happening places, yet to peaceful that you can hear your own breath.
Booking process - Got a very good deal from the villa directly. The sales and booking executive was very prompt in her replies. She also went out of the way to find out local information as requested.
Meet and greet - As soon as we arrived a very funny, and ever smiling driver picked us up from the airport. There staff as trained to be drivers, butlers, guides, cleaners, spa specialists and everything in one simple avatar. Not to forget all of them are big fans of bollywood but only actor they know is SHAHRUKH KHAN, phew.
No long check in process. We were taken directly to the villa. The car stops right outside the villa and are welcome by a refreshing drink and fresh fruit platter.
The villa itself - Its not a very fancy 5 star hotel but a neat peaceful secluded row of villas next to each other. The swimming pool was private to you and yet open to the sky. The lounge had a TV and dvd player. On one end there was a kitchen where the butler would come in and make your breakfast every morning including tea coffee. Microwave available on special request. One cannot leave food outside as ants and insects will attack it in a few minutes. But its worth taking extra care when you get such a nice home so close to the nature. Then comes the bedroom which has french opening doors which opens up to the lounge and a personal bedroom TV as well. the dressing are was quite spacious. the bathroom was divided into three spaces - bowels refresh area, shower area and the bath tub which were filled with fragrance, flowers and rose petals. Though only one time bath is free, they are more than happy to accomodate for more request for such nice baths. One of the best things about the villa was except for the main entrance and the bedroom entrance there are no locks or stops whatsoever. No I would let your mind run on it. Its perfectly designed for honeymoon couples or couples behaving like honeymooners :-)
Breakfast - A choice of american and indonesian, i suggest sticking to american. Breads and croissants were too sweet. I suggest carrying a few food items that one could purchase from Alfa or mini mart on the way from the airport to the villa. It helps storing extra food in the villa as they dont have a restaurant and the in room service menu didn't excite me too much. This is the only downside of the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa is an exclusive hideaway amid the rice fields of Umalas Village in Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia. Each spacious accommodation has separate living and dining areas, kitchenette and private bath, which open up to a private pool in the middle of the villa. It also offers relaxing services, such as special spa treatments, airport transfers and shuttle buses to Kerobokan's neighboring towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Akhyati Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Akhyati Villas Hotel Kerobokan
- Grand Akhyati Villas And Spa Bali/Kerobokan