We stayed for three night in October. As is was low season the manager provided us with an attractive deal, USD 150 per night including taxes and breakfast.
The hotel is actually a combination of 4 separate villas with 18 rooms spread over the 4 villas. Each room is different. We found the hotel to have a very serene feel to it. You can roam the grounds and use any of the communal facilities (pool, gardens, living area etc.) of the other villas. We really enjoyed being able to switch from one pool in the morning to another one in another garden in the afternoon.
The grounds and gardens are quite large, add to this the different terraces and living spaces, you never feel your privacy is invaded. The hotel has a very "private feel" to it, comparable more to an actual villa than a hotel.
Nice gardens adding to the tropical Bali atmosphere
Nicely decorated rooms
Comfortable pool areas
Good location, > 10 min by scooter to Seminyak
Steps and garden paths need renovation, loose tiles etc.
Breakfast was very mediocre at best
Air conditioning units are a bit old
Bed was a bit hard, old and noisy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is a truly Boutique Hotel set in 11.000 M2 of tropical gardens, 4 pools, a dedicated Spa, a bar and a Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Owned and managed by Western European professionals, "Villa Mathis" consists of 4 beautiful and very unique villas, between North African "Riad" and "Lodge". We do offers a very personalized welcome to any of our hosts, to soak in the best atmosphere and refined of the island of the Gods, Bali. Each villa has a pool, a lobby including a dining room set in a tropical landscaped garden. Our 18 "Deluxe" rooms (from 50 m2) all different by their style and design, including an open bathroom with separated bath and shower, air conditioning, safety deposit box, hairdryer, bathrobes, and a personalized selection of bathroom amenities especially created for us. Decorative handicraft materials, traditional as well local furniture with a touch of Slave influence. Upstairs bedrooms have a large mezzanine that can be used as a second bedroom or a day bed, ideal for a child or simply for yourself Complimentary internet connection bu Wi-fi thru all the property, complimentary shuttle service everyday from 10am to 6pm to Petitenget/Seminyak (drop off only). Each villa can be privatized for groups or families (4 and 5 bedrooms villas) as well organization of events as weddings, celebrations, ephemera dinners in any occasion. "Villa Mathis" is part of Mathis Collection, including as well our sister property located in Ubud, "Mathis Retreat" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your La Villa Mathis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Villa Mathis Hotel Kerobokan
- La Hotel Umalas
- La Hotel Mathis
- La Villa Mathis Bali/Kerobokan