We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The landscape and physical settings of the villas are beautiful. Room arrangement is artistic and romantic. It is good for a romantic holiday or honeymoon. However, we've found some disadvantages staying here. First, there is no entertainment in the room. I understand that many honeymoon couples may need their own time without distraction. This is just fine for us. Second, there is no fridge in the room. There is one in the common area which is around 50m away. We think this is inconvenient at all. Sometimes, we brought something from outside and wanted to keep for our private consumption but we couldn't put in our room. So, we ended up walking a lot between our room and the fridge. I think if the concept of this hotel is for honeymoon couples, fridges are quite important for them. They may just wake up naked and want to eat something of their own in the fridge. This was impossible for us to do so. Lastly, there is no telephone set in each room; it is in a common area again. Again, this is similar to the reason why I think there should be a fridge in each room. You can't just wake up or spend your own time in your room, and just ring the reception from your own room at all. You need to walk out all the time. Basically, in each room there's nothing but bed and decoration! However, the overall quality of this property is not too bad. Oh...there is no internet in the room. There are wifi spots around the common area of each villa, if you are lucky enough you will have a signal in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is a truly Boutique Hotel set in 11.000 M2 of tropical gardens, 4 pools, a dedicated Spa, a bar and a Restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Owned and managed by Western European professionals, "Villa Mathis" consists of 4 beautiful and very unique villas, between North African "Riad" and "Lodge". We do offers a very personalized welcome to any of our hosts, to soak in the best atmosphere and refined of the island of the Gods, Bali. Each villa has a pool, a lobby including a dining room set in a tropical landscaped garden. Our 18 "Deluxe" rooms (from 50 m2) all different by their style and design, including an open bathroom with separated bath and shower, air conditioning, safety deposit box, hairdryer, bathrobes, and a personalized selection of bathroom amenities especially created for us. Decorative handicraft materials, traditional as well local furniture with a touch of Slave influence. Upstairs bedrooms have a large mezzanine that can be used as a second bedroom or a day bed, ideal for a child or simply for yourself Complimentary internet connection bu Wi-fi thru all the property, complimentary shuttle service everyday from 10am to 6pm to Petitenget/Seminyak (drop off only). Each villa can be privatized for groups or families (4 and 5 bedrooms villas) as well organization of events as weddings, celebrations, ephemera dinners in any occasion. "Villa Mathis" is part of Mathis Collection, including as well our sister property located in Ubud, "Mathis Retreat" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your La Villa Mathis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Villa Mathis Hotel Kerobokan
- La Hotel Umalas
- La Hotel Mathis
- La Villa Mathis Bali/Kerobokan