“Great food, lovely staff”
Review of Barbacoa Bali

Barbacoa Bali
Ranked #4 of 201 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Barbacoa is dedicated to BBQ, wood fire, charcoal and smokey flavours. Our cuisine is Latin American based set in a large warehouse space with massive high ceilings with rustic wood, sandstone walls, mosaic tiled floors and vintage leather banquettes which is totally unique and warm in every way. Our chefs are passionate and proud of the food we serve. We use the best produce available to create delicious, unpretentious food using old and modern techniques. The restaurant has air conditioning inside as well as outdoor spaces over looking the rice fields. Our cocktails and wines are selected and prepared with attention to detail and can be enjoyed at the bar or at your table during dinner.
sydney australia
“Great food, lovely staff”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great South American/modern mexican style share plates. Beautiful space. Lovely staff. The potatoes and the pork were amazing. Works for groups or a nice couples night.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Charcoal Barbi with Latin American Twist”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The setting is rustic warehouse with wood fires, charcoal grill and smoke. The food was wonderful and the wine not too pricey compared to most restaurants. We had the fish taco and Empanada lamb to start, the laml was so nice I ordered a second portion while waiting on the mains. The second course was giant rib eye and grilled smoked prawns with guacamole and a chilli marinade, both were melt in your mouth. We had a portion of Spanish Potato between us which we could not finish. Desert was a tasting plate. Would recommend you to try, there are a lot of tasting plates to share while waiting on mains.

Visited July 2014
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Well deserved accolade as one of the best grills in Bali”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Bali Bible lists the Barbacoa on its Best in Bali series, and it is an accolade well deserved.

My husband, 6 year old son and I visited the Barbacoa for an evening meal. The place was busy, but the staff guided us to a quiet corner that was perfect for our son -- fewer distractions!

The menu is mainly South American grilled meats, with several options for sides. They have a fully stocked bar, and the red wine I had was delicious.

We started with the bread, which were truly heavenly with the chilli dip -- warm, soft and very tasty. The chilli dip wasn't spicy, but very flavoursome -- our son loved it and so did we.

We ordered the asado of the day, which was roasted suckling pig. The meat was tender and very lightly seasoned, but came with a sauce on the side -- perfect for our son, who prefers his meat plain. The meat was tender and juicy, and very, very good. And the crackling was something else!

We also had a beef steak, again grilled to perfection. Sides were green beans (big and crunchy) and burnt carrots, which were caramalised to the point of sweetness.

Would have loved to try dessert, but we were stuffed!

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Lunchtime Favorite”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My mouth has been watering since I eat here for dinner last every-time I thought of some the great dishes I had. So I was so glad to hear this restaurant was opening for lunch as I love to eat light at lunchtime and sharing a selection of their tapas dishes was perfect. It gave my friend and I a chance to have so many great lip smacking flavors without feeling too full for the rest of the afternoon. You have to have their warm, soft and fluffy chapa bread with delicious roasted garlic & balsamic vinegar -Try the bbq paprika & lemon chicken with the crisp garden salad and the zingy & fresh grilled squid with jalapeno, guacamole and barbacoa salsa. But my favourite was the prawns, chickpeas, roast tomatoes & goats cheese, you have to save some bread to mop up this divine sauce. We also really enjoyed sitting looking out over the paddy fields at the back of the restaurant, perfect place to enjoy a crisp glass of sauvignon blanc or one of their mean margaritas. Yep great selection of food, drinks and all at a pretty decent price. Only problem is you dont want to leave oh and those truffles were amazing.....yum!

Perth
“Best Restaurant in Bali”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Okay, big call I know. There are so many good restaurants in Bali and we had such fun trying to eat at them all. Barbacoa was definitely the best tasting food we had. We had the olives, tacos and corn to start and the corn was the best I have ever tasted. Then we had one of the smoked dishes with the glass lid and it was a taste sensation. Service was impeccable. You cant miss this restaurant when you visit Bali.