“Some amazing dishes and great ambiance”
Review of Barbacoa Bali

Barbacoa Bali
Ranked #4 of 208 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Barbacoa is dedicated to BBQ, wood fire, charcoal and smokey flavours. Our cuisine is Latin American based set in a large warehouse space with massive high ceilings with rustic wood, sandstone walls, mosaic tiled floors and vintage leather banquettes which is totally unique and warm in every way. Our chefs are passionate and proud of the food we serve. We use the best produce available to create delicious, unpretentious food using old and modern techniques. The restaurant has air conditioning inside as well as outdoor spaces over looking the rice fields. Our cocktails and wines are selected and prepared with attention to detail and can be enjoyed at the bar or at your table during dinner.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had a very enjoyable meal at Barbacoa recently. For us the highlights we a number of the entree or dishes you can share - the tacos were AMAZING as was the grilled corn on the cob with cheese and spices. I was a bit disappointed by the main that we ordered (signature dish - meat roasted on the spit) - the night we were there and it was pork, which seemed a little dry.

The fit out of the restaurant really appealed; a large space with high ceilings, tiled floors and paned glass windows across the front. Out the back there is also a deck if you fancy some post-dinner drinks in the outdoors.

Like a lot of the dining options in Bali, the food was quite reasonably priced, but the drinks were expensive. They charge for drinking water, which I find a bit rich when you're paying top dollar for alcoholic drinks throughout your meal. The service was okay but I expect it to improve, as a newly opened restaurants some of the staff seemed to still be learning the ropes.

All in all, a great place for dinner in Bali.

There are newer reviews for Barbacoa Bali

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my last meal in Bali and the place was something else! amazing south american tapas in one of the coolest designed places in an amazing spot. I happen to come to eat just as the sun was setting, i chose to sit outside and it was a beautiful view overlooking the rice fields. Bali has kept suprising me with some special places but this for me out of the places i visited was the cream of the crop in terms of the food, design, service and views. This would make a great place for a group of friends and would be just perfect for a romantic couples night out.

1  Thank Christopher I
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This place is the best new spot in Bali! Fantastic atmosphere and really friendly, helpful staff. But the food is the standout! Definitely get a few things to share so you don't miss out on the experience. Some of the food highlights for us were the octopus which was so tender & delicious and the fish tacos (my favourite). My husband actually said " I never want this to end!" Best fish tacos I've ever had. We also had the steak (perfectly cooked and tender) and the Asado (which was pork ribs) and so delicious we were all fighting over the last piece. I have to also mention the Jalapeño margaritas which were delicious (we had 2 each) if you don't mind a bit of spice. Overall we had a fabulous evening and would come back here first over some of the other (also great) restaurants in Seminyak. Don't leave Bali without trying this place!

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This is my first experience at Barbacoa Restaurant Bali with my friends for catch up and birthday celebration. I heard this place is just new opened and getting popular in Kerobokan area. Well, I can't say any words to present this excellence place at its best. Foods and beverages are excellence. This food is the best part of Barbacoa! Well done!

Service, staffs, and interiors are just great. Atmosphere and place is cozy. Price is reasonable. This restaurant is located very strategic in Kerobokan area. Overall, we enjoy our time at Barbacoa. First experience with amazing impression. Most recommended place to try!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Been there on a recommendation and it was the best restaurant we've been in this area. Great fresh food, amazing cocktails (you must try the jalapeño margarita), beautiful bar.The chef ,Adam, is very nice and passionate about his food. The staff is very professional and friendly. Shame we've been there on our last day because we would have loved to go again! thanks Adam for an amazing experience!