“Barba-lishoius”
Review of Barbacoa Bali

Barbacoa Bali
Ranked #3 of 199 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Barbacoa is dedicated to BBQ, wood fire, charcoal and smokey flavours. Our cuisine is Latin American based set in a large warehouse space with massive high ceilings with rustic wood, sandstone walls, mosaic tiled floors and vintage leather banquettes which is totally unique and warm in every way. Our chefs are passionate and proud of the food we serve. We use the best produce available to create delicious, unpretentious food using old and modern techniques. The restaurant has air conditioning inside as well as outdoor spaces over looking the rice fields. Our cocktails and wines are selected and prepared with attention to detail and can be enjoyed at the bar or at your table during dinner.
Sydney, Australia
“Barba-lishoius”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

You will love this place!!
Its such a sexy joint, with easily the best margaritas in Bali. The food is amazing, its a blend of great Latin flavours with the star of the show being the 8hr BBQ'd beasts. The venue is beautiful and enormous. Its been fastidiously fitted out with amazing finishings and furniture. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and we found the service was great. Go for the food, take your friends, do yourself a favour and drink a margarita, and you'll be happy you did...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wollongong, Australia
“We checked this one Trip advisor and it was good”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Thanks to all for the reviews. After the last one I just wrote this place was heaven sent, tremendous food - I had the snapper ceviche and seared tuna both of which were up very close to the top of my dining experience. Narelle had the sirloin steak medium and burnt carrots and rate them equally delicious.
The drinks list was comprehensive with good quality French Champas by the glass - except of course for the Krug (bugger) any wine in Bali is devilishly expensive and you cannot stock up on the way in with 1 bottle per traveller max. We had asked to bring our own Champagne but were denied the request.
A big place with a big heart and lots going on would have loved to had been there with a big party all night but we ate and ran and will run back. Well done Guys you have etched out a point of difference.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, atmosphere, and staff”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Having been to Bali 6 or 7 times, I've been lucky to try many great restaurants particularly in the last few years. We stumbled upon Barbacoa one afternoon when we went in for a look, and ended up staying for a drink. Although they hadn't even opened for the evening, we were welcomed in and looked after, with the owner coming out to say hello.
We booked for dinner a few nights later, and were not disappointed. The decor is unique, inviting and fun, and perhaps the menu can be described in a similar way. I don't know of another South American restaurant in Bali, and it is definitely a wonderful addition. The suckling pig, and slow cooked lamb are amazing, as everyone has said, but our favourite was the fish taco's - oh my goodness I still dream about them!!
I would definitely recommend Barbacoa to anyone looking for interesting, delicious food - at a reasonable price too! Well done guys - I'll be back for more taco's soon!!

1 Thank Sarah B
Paris
“Fantastic South American find!! Stunning decor and even better food!!!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

While on holiday in Bali, last night I went to Barbacoa with 2 friends who live here. They had heard about this place by other expats and wanted to try it..... We were not disappointed at all.

The decor is great and certainly not something you would expect in Bali. We were driving past in the afternoon so dropped in to make a booking for the evening and they said at this stage it was not necessary but on the weekends definately. They were also cooking the pig on the spit which aroma filled the room.

The food lived up to what we had heard. I had a pulled pork torte as a starter which just melted in your mouth. My 2 friends got some of the bread and they said it was very nice.

2 of us had the rib eye and it just melted in your mouth and my other friend had the octopus and chorizo which she said was stunning. We shared 2 veggie dishes - cauliflower and beans and both were great but for me the cauliflower was the stand out one.

The others order dessert rice pudding and and ice cream sandwich - 2 thumbs up.

This place is run by some good Aussie boys and I have to say it was an absolute winner for me. Do take the time to eat there definately worthwhile.

Sydney, Australia
“Restaurant Review”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

By far one of my favourite restaurants in Bali!
The interior of the building is absolutely beautiful with a stunning view over tranquil rice fields.
The staff and owners are all friendly and more than happy to help.
An extensive and impressive cocktail and wine list. The chocolate margarita is to die for!
It is an experience to see the meat cooking on the asado in the front of the restaurant.
The meat is cooked to perfection and melts in your mouth. I have never tasted crackling as good as this before!
It is clear that the chef is passionate about his job. I can not fault any of the food that was served to us. My favourites were the squid, corn on the cob and lamb empanada's just to name a few!
Great location, Great vibe, Great people and FANTASTIC FOOD.
Can not wait to return!