“I will visit again...”
Review of Star Apple - CLOSED

Star Apple
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh and tasty food, vegetarian
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

...for the food and the people.
This was a gem of a find after an evening wandering around trying to find a warung. The star Apple seemed a bit too "european" from the outside, but what a delightful Thai restaurant it proved to be!
We were very welcomed by the owner who was keen to walk us through the delish royal Thai menu. Be sure to try the beetle leaf entree - so good - and the lotus dumpling.
I wasn't too keen on the beef randang as I found the meat a bit tough, but I'm not sure the beef is very good in Bali anyway.
Definitely going back to this place.

There are newer reviews for Star Apple

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We found Star Apple our first night in Bali, and how lucky we were! Fabulous menu, the food outstanding, the flavours delightful! We were made so welcome, and Ray...what a fabulous host. Well we have been back 3 nights during our holiday and each night we have loved. We wish you every success in Batu Belig! We look forward to dining there again very soon. Ros Carter

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Whilst not an expensive silver service restaurant the Star Apple has some of the most amazing food in Bali. Our host, Ray, led us thru the menu explaining the flavours & answering questions & making suggestions.
The entrees are designed to be shared and one could almost make a meal on them alone. The special, Betel Leaf Prawn entree (not always available), was to die for. We shared this along with the Lotus Dumplings, Pandan Chicken & San Choy Bow (chicken).
The mains were equally impresive & I experienced a wonderful Rendang. For desert I chose Creme Brulee which was perfect & I sampled a desert rare in Bali, the Sticky Date Pudding which was mouth watering.
The restaurant presents well and the staff were every attentive and helpful.
A wonderful experience for our whole group.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had heard great reports about this restaurant and decided to try it out. It is well off the beaten track being well north of most major centres in the Legian Seminyak areas.

The restaurant is very trendy featuring ultra modern organic type cuisine. While the meal was tasty, in my opinion it was nothing special. In addition, by Bali standards, it was quite expensive.

The decor was only average while the service was quite good. No real atmosphere, a more create your own scenario.

My suit the modern greens but not to my taste.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We booked but were so surprised how quite the restaurant was this evening , just showed how competitive bali is
Michael greeted us and explained the menu
We decided to do multiple entre's which gave us an amazing verity of there amazing food and taste sensations while leaving space for desert
We are still talking about our experience thank you team