This quiet little hotel right on the beach in Seminyak is a gem.
Nestled just a short walk along the beach from some of the more hip and lively modern beach clubs and resorts, the Suites are an older style, low key, totally relaxing oasis.
If you want to be in the thick of the loud music, busy pool bars and to mix with the Gucci set this probably isn't for you, but if you like the idea of a cheaper holiday with easy access to those more trendy establishments then this could be perfect.
The hotel itself is a cluster of thatched traditional looking buildings set amongst an impressively large pond full of exotic fish and winding paths in manicured grass areas.
The staff are, like pretty much all staff in Bali, very cheerful, helpful and polite. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable, offering excellent sleep quality. Large modern bathrooms and spacious balconies add to the comfort factor. The issue of mosquitos which seems to affect many other hotels has been eradicated as they carry out pest control measures every week.
Its not all perfection here though, this place does have one or two faults but they can only be classed as minor and actually quite amusing. The evening entertainment and buffet are Fawlty Towers style bad, but its still not something to complain about, its an experience that will only endear you to the hotel and staff even more. Then there's the delightful little Health Spa manageress that will approach you on your sunlounger by the pool each day to "encourage" you to have a massage. You will love her by the end of your stay I guarantee it.
Even with its slightly weathered feel this place offers comfortable relaxation, with access directly to the beautiful beach and surf. Turn left onto the beach and walk in the direction of Legian and you can stroll past/into a host of modern resorts or independent little beach bars/cafes.
We loved the feel and the location of The Suites. If it ironed out the quirky little faults I'd give it 5 stars but ironically that would probably spoil the character and feel of this lovely resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Balisani Suites is located in Seminyak, Kerobokan and one of the only four star hotel & beach resort in the area. The resort is situated directly in front of Batu Belig beach with excellent sea view, magnificent sunset view over our sunken bar and an open air Kamboja Restaurant overlooking the vast panoramic Indian Ocean. Furnished with luxurious Modern Balinese style decor and landscape to ensure your stay to be enjoyable and memorable. Our establishment facilities completes with Lobby Lounge, Free Form Swimming Pool, Health & Spa Center, arts and souvenir shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Balisani Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Balisani Hotel Kerobokan
- Grand Balisani Kerobokan
- Grand Balisani Suites Bali/Kerobokan