“Wonderful Find”
Review of Scratch

Reserve with Chope
Scratch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 248 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Neil Young, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...And you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...Come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I dined at Scratch for the third time three nights ago in a two month period. We were not disappointed. I truly believe they serve some of the nicest steaks in Bali at a reasonable price for the quality received. Their salads and soups are also top Notch. The Caesar salad and East Coast chowder are nothing short of superb. The atmosphere is also quite nice and the wait staff professional and attentive. If I have one complaint, it is with their wine list. The only wine they serve other than Plaga is Paul Masson burgundy. I find Plaga wines undrinkable and the Paul Masson wine barely passable. If they would upgrade their wine list to include some nice red wines they would be hitting on all eight cylinders. I do add that they serve a wonderful Bombay martini. I always look forward to dining at Scratch and look forward to my next visit.

ScratchBoss, Owner at Scratch, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

Dear Rick G,

Thank you for the five bubbles and being our loyal customer.
We really appreciate your sweet comment on the steak, chowder and salad. They are definitely guest's favorite at Scratch. We ensure that our products are high on quality yet affordable. Well noted on your constructive feedback on our wine collection. We will bring it to the management attention for further follow up. We are delighted to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Been there a few times and absolutely loved it ... it's awesome good comfort food! Best cheese steak sandwich and really awesome Bloody Mary's ! Get down there for some comfort

Dear Maximale123,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It is wonderful to hear from our loyal customers and we really appreciate you are taking the time to share it. Cheese steak sandwich is now available on weekly basis, on Thursday. There is also special offer for Bloody Mary's every Sunday. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you at Scratch soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

This is my local restaurant! I eat here regularly, awesome healthy food!
Highly recommended!
Tuesday night 2 for 1 Tacos!
Pork is also awesome

ScratchBoss, Owner at Scratch, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Dear Tim M,

Thank you for your high appreciation on Scratch. We are very pleased to be your preferred local restaurant. Taco Night is one of our daily specials and it is available every Tuesday. We are excited to welcome you at Scratch soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Most of the time in Bali I do try to eat as much of the local food as I can however I also like to switch things up a bit and have a western meal too and my choice will always be Scratch!

The staff is so friendly and always happy to help call a taxi if needed to go home and the decor is casual yet sophisticated. I started coming here back when it was in Seminyak and thought it was the bomb digity. They have wonderful drink selection and non of that arak stuff so you know it’s safe place to drink. The food is made with quality ingredients to assure your getting your money’s worth.

I did find my last visit, the standard has dropped in their current location in compared to when their were in seminyak. Portions seem smaller (however sufficing to fill your stomachs), menu seems smaller too and it just didn’t have that fun friendly vibe anymore. Or maybe it’s been too long since previous visit and recent visit.

However the food is still good and I’m still a fan just not impressed as before.

Dear jessicalV2591IK,

Thank you for your honest feedback and review on our restaurant. It is great to hear comments from return clients like yourself, who knows us from our previous location in Seminyak. High in food quality and friendly service are very important for us. Thus, we try to always be consistent on the two aspects. We will bring your concern to the management attention for further follow up. We have just done some renovation at our restaurant recently we would like to ensure client's experience at Scratch will be just as comfortable, fun and friendly as always. We are looking forward to welcome you at our restaurant soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Ordered the chowder, steak, bolognese and snickers pie. Chowder came really salty at first, and the waitress took the initiative to come up and ask us if everything was ok. She was very apologetic and they offered to change it right away. The rest of the meal was great!

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Dear Cheryl O,

Thank you very much for sharing us your experience at Scratch Bali. The customer satisfaction are our priority. It is our responsibility to ensure that you are happy with our menu. Great choice on the chowder, it is one of our best sellers. We hope to see you again at our restaurant soon.