“Amazing find & totally impressed!”
Review of Scratch

Scratch
Ranked #27 of 210 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Neil Young, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...And you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...Come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Decided on this place after reading the reviews. We live in Bali so wanted to try somewhere different with food we hadn't tried before. Called for directions as a little off the main road but directions were clear. I had booked a table for my boyfriends birthday & the little extra's on the table made us feel special. Aaron the owner/chef was welcoming, funny & made it a place to remember. He talked us through the menu of Canadian classics & it was so refreshing to try food that i've seen nowhere else in Bali! The staff were attentive always filling our free water which is awesome! Food was quick, atmosphere was relaxed & music was cool. The bacon bruschetta was to die for, poutine was yummy but heavy so next time i will share & my fella's steak was awesome. Deserts fantastic, drinks delightful, can't say enough great words :) Can't wait to try more of their menu & visit again. Scratch did exactly what it said on the sign...COMFORT FOOD :)

Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We loved this little restaraunt we found on TripAdvisor & we were not disappointed.
Restaraunt is very clean, air conditioned & has a trendy hip decor about it. Kitchen is commercially equipped & clean too.
The wait staff are attentive & polite.
Serves up delicious food. The breakfast is a great way to start the day!! An impressive list of breakfast choices representing flavors of different countries that sets your imagination going, your tummy rumbling & your mouth watering. We had breakfast there a few times & each time it left us happy & our tummies satisfied. We didn't know that breakfast could be so enjoyable - an explosion of all the different flavors, spices, and taste that happens with each mouthful!! Lunch - One can choose from their lunch special or from their a la carte menu. The burger is a must have!!Beef patty , bacon , chips , right down to the ketchup - everything is home made!! The restaraunt also serves ramen in a beautiful broth or if one fancies tasting dishes, go for the tapas or their BBQ chicken wings. Yum!! They are also opened for dinner Had the philly steak which was beautiful. The chef/ owner is Canadian. A big soft spoken guy , he comes out of kitchen to say hello. If you have a sweet ttooth the desserts are to die for!! I would name their desserts as " Liasion Dangereux " So seductively addictive!!
Thank you Aaron & staff for whipping up delicious meals for us. We can still taste it when we look at the pictures taken & will hold our food experience with you & your staff until we visit again next year. Cheers!!

1  Thank AnaTAN
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We had breakfast, lunch and dinner here several times since we discovered this hidden unpretentious gem by chance. Everything we tasted was exquisite from the coffee to the dessert! The food was very well presented and can be compared to some more expensive places here but costs much less. Their gourmet breakfast has choices with different country themes. My wife loved the Mexican and me the French Lyon. The 3 course set lunch was a steal at IDR 55,000+15% taxes( about AUD6). Best burger we have tried in Bali so far! The Canadian owner/chef Aaron takes pride in dishing out great tasting wholesome meals that won't burn a hole in your pocket. Certainly gives those restaurants at Eat Street a run for their money! It's not difficult to find this place, just tell the driver to turn into the road just opposite the famous Kerobokan jail entrance and it's just a short distance away.
Too bad it's Sunday and they are closed 'cos we would have gone back for a meal before catching our flight home! Try this place and you would not be disappointed. Thank you for all the yummy food, Aaron.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Everything we eat yesterday was absolutely stunning. We were really impressed with the fantastic food and an amazing dessert. It was really a party in my mouth :) Also an great staff!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Where do I start? Scratch like mentioned is a bit out the way and off the main tourist area but it is well worth the 5 minute trip out of the tourist area.

We went as a group of about 18 and were more than looked after. The owner was more than happy to cater for us and tell a few Canadian jokes. For starters we all had the bruschetta with bacon. The bruschetta was nice, I personally would of like a balsamic through it, but defiantly would get it again. For mains we all had either the Philly steak or ribs. I was lucky enough to try both and both had my mouth watering going back for more. Words can not describe how good both meals were, I have an itch to eat them both again. For desert we had the New York and again my mouth watered. The ice cream was fantastic tasted homemade. I'm not fan on cookies and cream ice cream, but this is an exception. The brownie was not over the top or too rich, it was just perfect.

I love the decor of this place. It's a funky little restaurant that won't disappoint. Little can I say I will defiantly be back. This will be the first place I come to.

1  Thank Jonest15

Been to Scratch? Share your experiences!