“Above awesome, no fluff”
Review of Scratch

Scratch
Reserve with Chope
Scratch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 239 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Neil Young, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...And you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...Come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great menu, unpretentious excellence. Best steak on the island, best burger on the island as said the 12 year olds at the table, dessert also fabulous even though we had no room.. the Philly a la Scratch 'luar biasa'... definitely have to go back to taste the rest of the menu. Everything made from Scratch - now that is luar biasa :)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

During our last visit to Bali we became regulars at Scratch and we hoped that we would find the new location. Should not have worried a 20,000 RP ride from Bali Deli and we were there. What a great place, spacious, clean, bright and chilled restaurant. No smoking inside, but an outside undercover area to smoke or sit.
The menu still VG we had Bruschetta to share ( great tasting with an addition of smoked bacon) for mains we both went for the 250 grams tenderloin, I chose the Cajun cream topping whilst my wife went for the tomato and garlic, she finished with the Torronto desert.
We had such a good meal and there was so much we hadn't tried we decided to return the following night. This time after several really cool bears I decided to " pig out" starting with the chicken coconut curry and then finishing with the classic burgher and fries, whilst my wife had the Caesar salad and then the penne with chicken and roasted tomato. We were passing spoonfuls of samplers across the table and my wife drooled for a chip. These chips were home made with their skins on and come with a bueatiful bowl of home made tomato ketchup.
As the night before Moose called a taxi and our fare home was less than the minimum price,
We will definitely return this week. If you are looking for a quality meal with great service come and visit.
P S A great clean toilet.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I could write a novel size review on this amazing restaurant and the wholesome, hearty food Aaron and his team create there but I'll just get straight to the point.

This restaurant is a MUST. for my partner and I breakfast, lunch or dinner at Scratch is like our bali staple. The menu boasts wholesome heart meals, which for us, is exactly what we crave at any time whilst in bali. His Canadian pie is out of this world and the serve of marinated chicken wings (20) will literally leave your mouth watering. Just to name a few.

To top it of the the owner/chef Aarron makes you feel welcome from the minute you walk in, explaining his food creations to anyone interested and the history of his cheffing career.

Our latest trip we were able to show my partners parents this restaurant we had raved about back home for some time and sure enough they asked to go back for lunch a few days later. If any of my friends head to bali this restaurant is the first place I recommend

Highly, highly recommend Scratch to anyone looking!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

For me, I would scratch Scratch from my list of places to go and try. The chef/owner was very nice but unfortunately I feel his food still has a way to go before it is up to the extremely high standards of his competition. We found it was very basic and lacked flavour and was overall a big let down after all the good reviews it had received. The dish we enjoyed most was one I could have easily prepared myself and perhaps that is what attracts others- after having such complex flavoursome meals elsewhere. But that is not what we look for....however if you have a simple palette and want basic flavoured food then this is for you. I would definitely not return or send anyone I know here though.

5  Thank yummo t
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Scratch has moved from our last trip in August. Bit hard to find, but check on Scratch Web Site for directions. Don’t Google. Take the address with you as most taxi drivers don’t know Scratch. Good to see Scratch has a new web page. Great work. Scratch is fully A/C, closed door. This is the best restaurant I have been to in Bali for very tasty food and price. Aaron is very passionate about his cooking. So good to catch up with Aaron again. Growing & hand picking his ingredients. Nice decor, great how you can see in to the kitchen area. Not sure about his old clock collection? Aaron sits & talks to you, talks about his menu. Good free WiFi. He makes you feel right at home with his Canadian humor. See my other reviews.