“Do not miss this restaurant when in Bali”
Review of Scratch

Scratch
Reserve with Chope
Scratch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 249 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Neil Young, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...And you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...Come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I have just eaten at "scratch" and the food and welcome was excellent, this restaurant is a little out of the way but the service, attention to customer, and quality of food far outweighs the out of town location. The owner, Arron, is attentive without being obtrusive, and the rest of the staff are very welcoming and helpful. Price wise the value for money is exceptional for the quality of food provided.I ate on the chefs reccomendation, the Surf and Turf, and the steak was the best I have tried in a long time. My wife had the Salmon, which was equally impressive.Honestly, give this a try, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Recently relocated - so people tell me - my friends followed Aaron (the owner and Chef) to his new location with very high recommendations, which were delivered from the moment I walked through the door. I was not disappointed! :)

Each meal has it's own story, which Aaron is more than happy to come and tell you about it. I loved how Aaron, the Chef, makes everything from scratch - hence the name! Home made baked beans. Home made ice-cream and even his chocolate is homemade. Yum!

The prices were amazing. I mean, each breakfast dish costs only $5 - highly recommend breakfast, a new thing he's trying, so Aaron tells us.

The venue was clean and new, with a twist of modern urban/Indonesian deco. Basic but nice.

Bookings are not essential but finding the venue is extremely difficult. I suggest calling a head to get directions. Aaron explained that he is currently updating his website, but until then don't reply on TA or google!

Overall: food was out-of-this-world but the fact the owner/chef takes his time to come and talk to you made the whole experience more satisfying - hence my high score.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

From the moment you arrive, Scratch makes a great impression. The design is smart and contemporary but the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. You're greeted with welcome drinks and snacks, and usually by the owner Aaron, which is a nice personal touch.

The menu is not what we expected and a refreshing change from what you normally see. There are a good range of options on offer but not so many that the choice is overwhelming and they've done a great job of adding a witty and exciting twist to many classic drinks and dishes.

Highlights from the menu have to be the steak, which is literally melt in the mouth, followed by the burger and philly cheese poutine, which are both pretty heavy going but worth it!

And we're not normally a fans of dessert but the deconstructed pavlova and fried banana cake are just divine.

The overwhelming sense on looking back at our meal was amazing value for money. So much so that we've been back for breakfast, lunch and dinner several times already! If only they did takeaway... ;-)

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place may be off the beaten track so to speak, and you may need to be determined to find it but once you do you won't regret it.
This part of town is filled with A LOT of trendy "you must" eat here restaurants, what I loved about this place was very simply the food speaks for itself.

My partner is not one to ever rave about food and could not stop raving about his salmon dish, I loved the steak. My only regret is our stomachs were to full to try dessert.

Great service, great food and absolutely what we were looking for- relaxed and chilled.

Well done to chef and the team.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ridiculious place to eat .... The place serves many choices of foods.
Taste a few of them and all taste great... I said to my self like.. whattt!!!! I gotta keep coming back to this place cause i always fancy the taste.
So i guess this what it called the guilty pleasure