“Waaamazing”

Scratch
Ranked #27 of 212 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Neil Young, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...And you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...Come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ridiculious place to eat .... The place serves many choices of foods.
Taste a few of them and all taste great... I said to my self like.. whattt!!!! I gotta keep coming back to this place cause i always fancy the taste.
So i guess this what it called the guilty pleasure

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We ate here tonight after reading the other trip advisor reviews and I have to say I'm so glad we did. The food is absolutely amazing, and the service is fantastic. This is one not to be missed! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Absolutely loved Scrath would recommend it to anyone. The owner is amazing and very personable. Food was great and the service was friendly. Prices are very fair, and it's one of the best places I've ever eaten worldwide! Treat yourself, and have a great time.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I agree with Rebecca P, make sure you call ahead and reserve. If I remember correctly, they only have around 15 tables.

The chef / owner and his wife are very attentive to guests, food was served in timely manner.

It was very humid and hot when I was there, they are semi open and only have fans, no air conditioning. My drinks and ice cream got warm and melted within seconds.

I would love this place more if they have air conditioning, so guest can actually enjoy their food and not distracted with the heat.

scratchmoose, Owner at Scratch, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

hey guys...
just wanted to say thank you for the great reviews, AND to let you know that we recently relocated SCRATCH into a bigger, better, air-conditioned venue!!! same great home-cooked food, same fantastic service. the original location was just a "warm up" for the real deal. check out the updated pictures here on the TA page, or on our FB page. see you next time you're on the island.
cheers,
Aaron

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Scratch has moved from their old location in Seminyak. It took us a while to find it in a taxi as the google maps location isn't accurate. Their website map is far more accurate. It's right by the road on Jalan Pengubengan Kauh. Anyway, the manager / owner is there on most nights (we went back a few times) and he's probably the nicest guy you'll meet.

He was super accommodating to my vegetarians friends and offered to make vegetarian versions of non-vegetarian meals. Our meal itself was awesome. When in doubt, have the Philly Cheese Steak which is amazing. I wasn't a huge fan of the Singapore street food though. The burger was also good and the fries was apparently great (I didn't have any but my friends did). Oh, and the steak, thick, juicy and perfectly cooked. Not to be missed. We also had the BBQ Chicken wings (great to take away too and have the next day), bruschetta and other entrees that were really good.

Also, Scratch has the best Red Wine Sangria I've tasted in a while. I can have glass after glass of the stuff. Seriously. And pleaase, please save room for deserts!! I can't remember their names but desert was DELICIOUS! Ask the owner to recommend something.

So, if you're tired of getting sub par food in western priced restaurants in Bali, then I suggest coming to Scratch. We went back so many times because the owner is always there giving you great service, going the extra mile to make your dining experience a great one.