“Great Food! Really Good Deal! Simply Awesome!!”
Review of Scratch

Scratch
Ranked #27 of 202 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Neil Young, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...And you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...Come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Great Food! Really Good Deal! Simply Awesome!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This is my first time visit, I passed the restaurant everyday and really looking for a good time to try the food. Good to have my family coming for the new year event...

We ordered : Signature Grilled Steaks (Rosemary Mushroom Cream), The Scratch Burger, and Creamy New Orleans Pasta and Sauted Mushroom with Bacon Tapas. All of them are Great! Love the taste so much... Exactly came up with what I ordered like medium-rare steaks.

Size-wise are huge! Very pleased with the portion size! Don't forget to order the buttered Bread! It's so good to eat with the tapas!

highly-Recommended and I am not over-rated. Try yourself :) would definitely come back!

Cheers - YS.

• Indonesian first
Ottawa, Canada
“Food food food!!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

First thing I noticed when I walked in the front door was the cleanliness of the restaurant. The inside of the kitchen is visible from the dining area and all kitchen staff looked professional and organized. The owner greeted us right away and made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. As for food, I've been to Bali a couple of times and the food here was the best I've had! For an appetizer off the tapas menu, we couldn't decide between the grilled zucchini and the mushroom dish so decided to go with both and were extremely pleased with our decision. Having eaten here a few times on my most recent trip to Bali I tried various items off the menu. I'd strongly recommend the Jambalaya Penne - it comes in a spicy sauce that is not overloaded with cream! The burger is very classic and one of the best I've ever had while traveling through Asia. For dessert, try the Toronto!

Toronto, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I spent about a week in Bali and ate at Scratch a few times. Everything I had was delicious. The owner is a friendly guy who takes a lot of pride in his food. My personal favorite was the Philly cheese steak poutine. It was incredible! If you're in Bali you have to check this place out.

Bali, Indonesia
“A great new restaurant opens in Kerobokan”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Scratch burger signature dish yummy! My Indonesian partner is VERY fussy over food....LOVES the spaghetti seafood!
Friendly staff, immaculately presented and charming owner! All the ingredients of success! Good luck guys. - u deserve it!

Visited December 2013
Darwin, Australia
“top quality food”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The food at Scratch was delicious and the service was great too. The owner greeted us and was very welcoming. It's a pity the restaurant is out of the way a little as travellers would really enjoy the food as we did. The restaurant is very modern and demonstrates its high standards. I think first time travellers to Bali would enjoy it as it doesn't feel like Bali once you are inside. (you know how Bali can be over whelming the first time for some).. Very clean and has international influence written all over the delicious menu. Highly recommend this one to every one to try, but if you are looking for old school Bali, this is not where you'd come. Try it out if you want something of a very high quality and presentation that is cheap as chips!

• Visited December 2013