“Great ambience, good service”

Merah Putih Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 209 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Named after the two bold and vibrant colours of the national flag, Merah Putih is Bali's most complete Indonesian dining experience in a sumptuous environment.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had an early dinner there and it was a nice decision since there were only a few table taken. Drinks are great and food is good too. We loved the decor and the high ceiling. It is a must go if you stay in the Kuta area.

There are newer reviews for Merah Putih Restaurant

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Dishes were average, not superbly delicious as expected from reading some reviews. The only thing I really liked was desserts!
Ambience and service was great though.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I came here based off of our hotel's recommendation. The restaurant was beautiful. We were asked if we wanted to start with a drink before being seated, which we did, except no one came to take our drink order, so we went to the bar to order it ourselves. We were then asked to be seated at our table. Since our drinks had not yet come, we requested they be brought to the table. Despite being 1 of 2 couples in the bar area, there seemed to be some confusion on what and where our drinks were. Once we got to the table and ordered dinner, all was well for the time. Once they cleared the dinner plates, service was nowhere to be found. No one offered a dessert or drink menu, and no one came to our table for 20 minutes. (We were out of drinks, had no food, and no menu.) After multiple attempts of making eye contact with any of the servers, I finally flagged one down and asked for the check. If you're looking for great food and ambiance, this place has it. Hopefully you have better luck with the service though.

1  Thank Eric D
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Words cannot even describe how delectable the food at this restaurant is...it's shot straight to the top of my most favourite restaurants ever (and not just those in Bali). The service was top class, the food was so beautifully presented and cooked, the atmosphere is amazing....
We ate as a group of 10 on a set menu and then ordered wine to go with the meal.... we'd secured our table with a $10 deposit per person and walked away from there after spending approx $120 per couple - inclusive of the wine, this was top end for Bali but a fairly average spend for an amazing dinner by Perth standards.
I'd add a photo in but the only one I have is of empty plates! When a meal can render a table of 10 people silent, I reckon you'd be mad not to go there and try it.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We saw an advertisement in the the Jetstar magazine earlier this year and had decided we wanted to try the Babi Guling lunch when we went to Bali last month. So glad we did! For a little over $10 we had an absolutely incredible meal with perfect service and all in a beautiful setting. We decided to make sure we went back and so went the following night for dinner and it did not disappoint. It's not the cheapest dinner you will have in Bali but it's so cheap when you think about the standard and the price you would pay in Australia for the same food and service. The menu provides lots of opportunities for tasting and sharing with tradiitonal and modern takes on Indonesian food. I only wished we had a big group so we could try everything. I particularly loved the smaller deserts as I always want to try more than one thing! The online booking option made it really easy to book in advance too (I'd recommend booking so you're not diappointed). Drinks were also really nice especially the iced teas. I will definitely be going back again.