“Friendly...all....”

Brown Feather Hotel
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
“Friendly...all....”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

i put my husband family to stay here for 1 month as we love the design, rice paddy view and friendly staff. Ottavio and Cristina really enjoyed their stay. Not so far from Seminyak center but zero traffic as Its holiday season and traffic everywhere in Bali, but not on Brown Feather area. Bari and Rini really efficient and reliable staff. I will put my family to stay here again on this August. Friendly staff, friendly price and friendly panorama.....High reccomend, indeed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Swesen, GSA Team at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Mba Gita,

It was an honor to have your family in our hotel.

Since you love our place, we are looking forward to welcome you and your family back to Brown Feather Hotel at the soonest.

Best regards,
GSA Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this hotel while drivig down batu belig area. Its uber cute with unique furniture and for the price, its a good deal. The room is small but it was designed nicely with cute furniture and finishings. I would give the design a 9/10.
During my stay however I was unfortunate enough to be faced with a party and the music was loud enough to kept me awake until 530 in the morning. I called the receptionist at 12 am and they said that the noise was coming from the villa next door so they couldnt do anything about it. Although I think that there was a party at the lobby since the music was quite loud. So if you are a light sleeper like me, I suggest to bring ear plugs. Also, the bed in our room was very uncomfortable and it resulted in me having back pains for the whole day.
However if you are one of those lucky people that can sleep anywhere at any condition, I do suggest this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jwuisan
Swesen, Guest Relations Manager at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for choosing Brown Feather Hotel as your previous destination.

It was an unfortunate about the noise that kept you awake till morning. The next day you left we found that the noise was coming from other villas and, yes, some are likely from the lobby.

We will also note down that you're not comfortable with our bed, which is the first case so far.

We will keep our ears and eyes open in order to get more feedback about customer satisfaction simply to improve it in the future.

Ms. Jacqueline, we are looking forward to have you in the hotel with better sleep quality.

Currumbin
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We are usually villa-dwellers when staying in Bali, but we stumbled upon this little hotel and we are glad we did.

We had booked the first part of our stay in advance and thought we would find something for the rest of our time once we got to Bali. Numerous villa inspections and several arguments later, we still had nowhere to stay. My husband went for a surf and I trundled off down Jl Batu Belig and found this lovely hotel.

We stayed 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The rooms are lovely and homely, with pretty accessories. The large rooms have a beautiful beaten copper claw foot bath. The staff are friendly and helpful. There are push bikes available and each afternoon we'd peddle down to the beach to watch the sunset at one of the beach bars at the end of Jl Batu Belig.

Unfortunately, Seminyak is getting too crowded for us and we enjoyed being a little further out. There are some great cafes and restaurants in Jl Batu Belig now, and it doesn't seem so far out of the way.

Being used to larger accommodation, 4 nights was enough - particularly at the end of your trip when your shopping takes up most of your room!

Downsides - Brekkie was not so good and although the bed was comfy, it squeaked when you turned over.

Loved it and would stay again.

Room Tip: The upstairs room on the left has a little verandah (You have to climb out the window!!) with chairs...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Swesen, GSA at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Brown Feather as your recent destination.

It is great to know that you're enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your time and effort to let others to know your experience during those period.

We are here taking every feedback into discussion simply to serve you and other guests better in the future.

We have just done small thing to the bed so it won't be squeaking whenever you turn over, in the future stay.

Have a great day and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have to admit that I’m a bit skeptical when it comes to “boutique” hotel. It usually a glamorized motel and the “boutique” part is referring to their limited room in both size & quantity and so-called-personalized service is the customization of staff’s responsibility where the receptionist is also your pool boy.

But we have a saying in our family “If we don’t explore we wont find America” in the context of Columbus & the new world. So once more I brace myself in the search for “the new world” and book for a room in this small-looked intimate-homey proposed hotel called brown feather in Batubelig-Petitenget area – south of Bali.

Finding the hotel is not difficult being located in one of the most vibrant area in Bali. We arrived close to the evening, tired and really looking forward for a good bed to rest. And the first time I lay my eyes on brown feather, my hope rose and a familiar bell in my heart resound. The same bell when I found that particular book in 2nd handbook store, the exact same chime when my eyes met the classic piece of rattan chair after hours browsing in a flea market.

And how she doesn’t disappoint. Build fresh in a style of 40ish semi colonial combine with open space of Bali, she receives her guests like a familiar eccentric aunt receives her favorite niece - Warm, unfailing and eclectic. Comfortable rattan chairs in the living room, old teak dining table & ceramic plates, old style bikes and homey tropical plants spread all over the place welcome you as soon as you set foot on her veranda.

After a warm welcome, we get into the room and I cant help but smile. Reasonably sized, the room is well lit and modernly equipped that will assure me a pleasant stay. The brass high bed, snuggly linen and comfortable mattress promise a calming rest. But the reason for the smile is the décor. I’m home. My books found a perfect cradle on the bedside table and my batik kimono hang loosely on the wood hanger, it’s easy to feel homey. The only thing missing is Aro, my dog, lying lazily on the red and yellow rug on the floor.

With morning, comes the craving to check the local stores and greet the beach so we got on the bike that is prepared for guests and ride around the area. Balinese residents have just started their morning routines where in local market the buzzing of busy conversation seeps to the streets. In nearby Petitenget Temple we stop to quietly listen to the gamelan & the morning chant while the Balinese hindu carry out their religious ceremony. And further on ride, I started to do a mental checklist of which chic stores I’m going to visit later on in the day.

Returning to Brown Feather right about breakfast time, we were greeted by a warm freshly made American breakfast where the poached eggs was prepared to perfection and my coffee is not as bad as I thought it will be – like I told you, I’m skeptical, about “boutique” hotel and well.. Hotel’s coffee.

As I sit on the veranda looking pass the swimming pool at the rice paddy field, I cant help but playing with the idea that brown feather has restored my faith in “boutique” hotel. Well at least she has restored my faith to keep on exploring and find another new world to love. Well done!

Room Tip: Each room type has their own charmed but if you need bigger space, select ones on the ground floor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rindjani_Kastner
Swesen, GSA at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Rindjani,

Thank you for choosing Brown Feather as your recent destination.

We really appreciate your time and effort to write us such a great feedback that in the same time to let others to know if Brown Feather exists.

This is our culture to listen and take action on your feedback to ensure your future stay a memorable one.

Have a great day and hope to welcome you back at the soonest!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This is such a beautifully and carefully designed hotel. You feel right at home upon entry, and the staff are all excellent. We didn't get a rice view room, but the details within the room more than made up for it. The bathrooms are also great, nicely decorated and very clean. Would come back here again! The value for money is excellent, as is the location

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Swesen, Hotel Associates at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Sir/madam,

Thank you for taking your time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We highly appreciated it.

We all are glad to have had you in the hotel, especially that you enjoyed the moment with us. For your upcoming visit, please book your room earlier to secure your room with a view!

We shared your opinion to all our team member and they are very excited to welcome you back soon.

Have a good day!

Komang Swesen
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 18, 2013

when you come to this place you'll feel the different. every you get back to this place you'll feel like back to your grandma's place. Perfect place to stay if seeking quiet simple hotel. with the all unique property and good hospitality. i'll always remember this place. me an my wife definitely will come again to this place some day.. its our honey moon and we'll make this place to remember our wedding anniversary every year in here. thank you brownfeather..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jhonkrammer79
Swesen, Guest Service Agent at Brown Feather Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear John,

Thanks for your review and glad to find it helpful to other traveler.

We look forward to your second honeymoon in our place and do let us know if you have special arrangement to make it 'different!'

GSA Team
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Strategically located between Seminyak, Canggu, Sunset Road, and an alternate shortcut to Denpasar, Brown Feather Hotel is a really good option if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of Legian.
It is surrounded by new happening spots like W hotel, Potato Head, Taco Local, Mint Bar, just to name a few.

The hotel itself can be described as a comfortable homestay. Kind of like staying in a "kost". A communal kitchen replaces the normal hotel restaurant; you can cook your own food, brew up our own tea/coffee, but, yes, they can serve you too if you're too lazy or if you just plainly suck at cooking. :) This, and the fact that the rooms are open and arranged (kind of) like a motel, makes it easy to make commune with fellow travelers and locals.

Your backyard is a "kampung" with beautiful paddy fields, the hotel is encompassed by mini-marts, car/motorbike rentals, and tour agencies, and the service is excellent.
Again, a good choice indeed.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms that are at the very end, facing the paddy fields. They look stunning on sunsets :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AndreCabron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
Swiss-Belhotel Petitenget
Swiss-Belhotel Petitenget
#59 of 145 in Seminyak
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak

Been to Brown Feather Hotel? Share your experiences!