“Relaxed, no minimum spend and great tasting snacks”
Review of Mozaic Beach Club - CLOSED

Mozaic Beach Club
Cuisines: Asian, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: On the secluded shoreline of Batu Belig beach, Chef James Ephraim brings the Mozaic food quality and culinary concept of Western cuisine influenced by South East Asian flavours to a more relaxed and affordable beachside brasserie setting. The ambience of the brasserie is informal, relaxed and contemporary with live DJs serving up the perfect soundtrack for your meal. The decor echoes the culinary philosophy, effortlessly blending elements of traditional Indonesian art and craft with modern contemporary architecture. With unimpeded views over the Indian Ocean, the cosy & vibrant dining room of Mozaic Brasserie is a place to create special memories that will last a lifetime.
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, no minimum spend and great tasting snacks”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have been here twice during our holiday so far. It is a bit tricky to get to and this may explain why we have been able to get a poolside cabana on both occasions. Food, as you would expect from Mozaic, very good and not overly expensive. Nice atmosphere, I dozed off a couple of times to some very relaxing music by the pool! The only reservation is over the drinks - they are priced similarly to other beachside locations but I felt a bit short changed on the measures...could just be me though! Would certainly return.

Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great meal”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had dinner there in late July. For some reason they could not find our reservation however I am not sure if its the fault of the third party making it (hotel) or the restaurant. Thankfully they had an available table for us. I would however suggest if tables are indeed available, staff should downplay the fact that reservation could not be found. That was the only negative part to our experience.

The ambience was nice. It was beachfront, I would recommend reaching just before sun down. Its almost pitch black once the sun sets. It was still very windy throughout our meal.

The food was great and of high quality. I have visited Mozaic in Ubud a year ago and was worried this branch would be lacking. My fears were not realised. Waiting staff were also very attentive to our needs.

Prices were a little on the high side but its difficult to find such food quality in Bali. I would happily return again as its in a more convenient location than Ubud.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Amazing food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had dinner in the restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service was excellent. We ordered the degustation menu. Each course was delicious. Such a beautiful restaurant and great location, would happily go back again.

• Visited August 2013
United Kingdom
“Fine dining - Appreciate the art of food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Mozaic beach club has both a 'beach club' section, the bar where they serve tapas and the restaurant for fine dining - where I went for dinner. Most people get confused as to why the prices are so high, but this is because the food is decadent, artsitcally displayed on your plate and is of high quality and flavour.

Having read previous posts, I was worried that all the worries of pricing were not worth it, however after dining here - I thought differently. It was one of the most incredible dining experiences and you do pay the price!

Firstly, if you book for a sunset view, they only take 6.15pm reservations - meaning if you come earlier for sunset, book a spot in the bar first. The sunsets are amazing! Then continue to the restaurant for your meal. We had a table overlooking the ocean and the last bit of the sunset.

I decided to go full-out and order an appetizer, main and dessert. I ordered also a "Mozaito" which was the restaurants own version of a mojito. Very nice. They serve bread before your meal, and we were given a complimentary taster which was truffle cream in small bread puff. (Remember, this is fine dining - all the dishes are very small).

For my appetizer I order the scallops which had a truffle mash and chicken pieces and was SUPERB. Bursting with flavour and cooked very well. The truffle mash was a highlight.

For my main I ordered the Tortellini stuffed with smoked cheese. It is made with a green 'foam' which acts as the sauce and underneith lies the pasta and a pile of green beans and lentils. The smoked cheese would literally melt in your mouth! Amazing! My sister ordered the Lamb Rump from New zealand which was also very nice and had 'candied pepper' which was unique.

For my dessert, I ordered the Textures of Chocolate which was incredible!!! It was basically 3 different styles of chocolate mousse, with a blob of ginger flower sorbet - one of a kind ice cream experience!!! This should be a dessert in itself. My sister ordered Mozaic's Clay (Chocolate Kaffir Lime) which was a scoop of lime sorbet with a scoop of chocolate/ginger mousse covered in a chocolate shell. Incredibly displayed and yummy! My dad ordered the Chocolate Fondant which included pepper reduction - an interesting touch of flavour (must try!!).

Overall this fine dining experience was amazing - I would recommend only come if you appreciate the art of food and unique and interesting flavours. (this is NOT a restaurant that serves big meals etc.) It is an experience for those who really do appreciate experimenting with flavours and eating quality food in small portions. The service was great and all our meals arrived at the same time.

• Visited August 2013
Rome
“Great find”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Spent a few lazy afternoons and sunsets here in Septemer 2012. What a great find. Relaxed atmosphere, gteat drinks, nice snacks. Suits an older crowd I feel, 30 somethings and up.
Highly recommended.