“5* dining in Bali”

Mozaic Beach Club
Cuisines: Asian, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: On the secluded shoreline of Batu Belig beach, Chef James Ephraim brings the Mozaic food quality and culinary concept of Western cuisine influenced by South East Asian flavours to a more relaxed and affordable beachside brasserie setting. The ambience of the brasserie is informal, relaxed and contemporary with live DJs serving up the perfect soundtrack for your meal. The decor echoes the culinary philosophy, effortlessly blending elements of traditional Indonesian art and craft with modern contemporary architecture. With unimpeded views over the Indian Ocean, the cosy & vibrant dining room of Mozaic Brasserie is a place to create special memories that will last a lifetime.
Singapore River, Singapore
“5* dining in Bali”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I went to Mozaic Beach Club with my 13 and 11 year old daughters, 5 years after dining at the "original" Mozaic in Ubud with my wife.

The 3 of us (one of my children is not such an adventurous eater) had 2 of the "Tasting Menus".

This was excellent and enjoyed by all. Be warned, it is a bit on the expensive side for Bali, but good as a 1 off.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Male
“Excellence on the beach”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a surprise to be able to dine at top level when the average in the area is soooo low. Thanks to the chef for delighting our taste buds; thanks to the whole staff for being so helpful and professional and finally thanks to the owners for setting up such a wonderful place

Singapore, Singapore
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great food, unexpected creativity. Excellent friendly service. Nice booth for the two of us. Nice area around the pool although we did not spend any time there. We'd go back for lunch and probably also back for dinner although we'd like to try the other Mozaic in Ubud as well.

Like another place we visited on this trip the decor is just over the top and assaults you e.g. the three chandeliers in the private dining room and the almost hidden blue hand towels in the bathroom. The place would be more inviting if simplified a little. Too many styles although perhaps that is a style in Bali?

Kettering, Northants.
“Boom!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just like other reviewers, we stumbled across Mozaic Beach Club by fluke. I will keep this short and sweet - If you like GREAT food, visit this beach club! Don't fluke it, visit it! Have a day by the pool eating from the Tapas menu then book a table for the evening. Brilliant service and outstanding food.

Bangkok, Thailand
“A nice addition to seminyak”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited mozaic beach club recently and the food was very good, service on the other hand needs addressing
Started off fantastic but as the night progressed the service got worse
The food was very good, though having eaten at their main restaurant in Ubud this is not as good.. But that's not a negative.. As both restaurants are very different.
I do think that the food was slightly over dressed (foam on everything) though, but the concept is a good one. My hubby's food was fantastic, he had the pasta to start and then risotto which I also had this was beautiful though the parsley foam was over kill..
My husband had the pork which was absolutely beautiful, my pasta was nice but the parsley foam killed the delegate flavour of the dish ( next time I will choose a little better)
I think there was either not enough wait staff or they need to address how it starts off with you feeling like you're the only person in the restaurant to feeling like there's no staff in the restaurant
We sat with dessert menus for 25 minutes without anyone asking if we would like anything,, we choose after the long wait to just ask for the bill which took further time to catch someone's attention
All in all though I would return as the food is good and it sits pretty much on the beach ( small road between restaurant and beach)