“Rest and relax at the Cattleya Suite”

Marbella Pool Suite
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“Rest and relax at the Cattleya Suite”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Cattlaya Suite Condotel which rests on the edge of Seminyak, in the Kerobokan area. The staff were delightful, meeting every need where possible with efficient and friendly service. They even taught me some Indonesian and Balinese during my stay which I thoroughly enjoyed :) The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool was lovely! The poolside bar next to the spa was also a winner. The restaurant catered a lovely breakfast every morning, a good selection of Western and Indonesian foods ensuring something for everyone, as well as providing a lunch, dinner and room service option. The façade of the hotel belies the lovely Balinese flavoured interior and it would be a mistake not to venture in to this lovely oasis. Their are great restaurants close by, Warung Eny's (great organic Indonesian foods), Bicu (you can have a mystical high tea here which includes the usual fare of cakes and sandwiches with the added attraction of a tarot reading), and surprisingly a Mexican Restaurant (some of the best Mexican food I've had), were firm favourites. We would recommend this hotel to couples, families or business men as it caters to all needs. Thanks to the staff for making our trip a success.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CattleyaSuiteBali, E Commerce Manager at Marbella Pool Suite, responded to this review, May 5, 2014

E Commerce Manager | ecommerce@marbellaseminyak.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week here last month, we would not recommend this resort for children as there is only a pathway around the main pool, no grass area to play in. We had a suite with our own pool which we could not use as it was too cold, the wall prevents any sunlight getting in. While the staff were lovely it is a very basic resort.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen G

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and were very happy. Rooms were huge, every single member of staff was very friendly and helpful . Shuttle service was great. Great Warang next door where we had a great lunch for $2 Aus.

• Stayed August 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was planning my first night in Bali and I found this offer on the website for rooms at one dollar in this hotel. Even I found the price ridiculously cheap I thought that it might have been a last minute offer, since when I checked the reviews I realised that they work a lot with groupon website and other special offer so i thought to give it a go. When they sent me the invoice with the amount I thought I was secure, no serious business would produce a receipt with a wrong price on it.
I arrived in Bali really late after 13 hours flight and I got a cab to reach the place. i arrived there and after a conspicuous number of fake smiles the lady at reception told me that the actual price was not in rupees but in dollars.. that the system online has a fault. i explained to them that the price was advertised for three days on different ways..
I felt really humiliated cause at that point they were playing on the fact that it was late and I wouldn't go anywhere, so they were trying to sell me the room trying to give me discounts. This really pissed me off cause I didn't want to pay so much money, not being in my plans.
I had the impression that they were really desperate and trying to attract customers in the most cheeky ways, forcing them to take the room. I felt really awkward, i have been travelling in 4 continents and it never happened to me to find myself in this kind of situation.
They were not apologetic at all, and at the end of the day I had to pay anther cab to move in another accommodation, I was expecting them to offer to pay the cab which in Bali is something like 3 australian dollars but they didn't even bother to offer that.

BAD experience, bad customer service, bad way to make business.
Completely disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank crisposito
Perth
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great little gem of a 4 star hotel. It is a little out of the way which suits us just fine. The road is pretty bad but is now under repair. The rooms are OK but clean and spacious. Grounds very well kept and pool area small but more than sufficient for the number of guests.

The key to this place is, however, the staff. They are the most pleasant and helpful we have come across in our travels. Problems are dealt with quickly and with a smile. On this visit the driver waited 3 hours at the airport when our plane was delayed, we were taken where we wanted to go when we when we wanted to go and they accommodated our needs due to our flight leaving late in the day. We will be back. Ian W.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldaussiePerth
CattleyaSuiteBali, E Commerce Manager at Marbella Pool Suite, responded to this review, May 6, 2014

Fingal Head
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We found Cattleya on wotif.com under the five star rating accommodation, although we were quite disappointed to find our room was not what we expected. On arrival, our room smelt terribly. It was a damp smell which lingered the whole time we were there. The design and positioning of these particular rooms do not allow sunlight into the room during the day, having to rely on lighting, even on the sunniest day. The service at Cattleya was excellent, the staff very friendly, with service all hours of the day and night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peta H

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

i stayed at catteeya suite condotel with private room for two night..its amazing experience stayed at this hotel.its new hotel but the service is very good. the located of this hotel at kerobokan area. its small way to get there. kerobakan famous with private area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

E Commerce Manager | ecommerce@marbellaseminyak.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Uppala Villa Seminyak
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
Park Regis Kuta Bali
Park Regis Kuta Bali
#64 of 251 in Kuta

Been to Marbella Pool Suite? Share your experiences!