“Not for everyone”

Marbella Pool Suite
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
“Not for everyone”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week here last month, we would not recommend this resort for children as there is only a pathway around the main pool, no grass area to play in. We had a suite with our own pool which we could not use as it was too cold, the wall prevents any sunlight getting in. While the staff were lovely it is a very basic resort.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen G
CattleyaSuiteBali, E Commerce Manager at Marbella Pool Suite, responded to this review, May 5, 2014

E Commerce Manager | ecommerce@marbellaseminyak.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and were very happy. Rooms were huge, every single member of staff was very friendly and helpful . Shuttle service was great. Great Warang next door where we had a great lunch for $2 Aus.

• Stayed August 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was planning my first night in Bali and I found this offer on the website for rooms at one dollar in this hotel. Even I found the price ridiculously cheap I thought that it might have been a last minute offer, since when I checked the reviews I realised that they work a lot with groupon website and other special offer so i thought to give it a go. When they sent me the invoice with the amount I thought I was secure, no serious business would produce a receipt with a wrong price on it.
I arrived in Bali really late after 13 hours flight and I got a cab to reach the place. i arrived there and after a conspicuous number of fake smiles the lady at reception told me that the actual price was not in rupees but in dollars.. that the system online has a fault. i explained to them that the price was advertised for three days on different ways..
I felt really humiliated cause at that point they were playing on the fact that it was late and I wouldn't go anywhere, so they were trying to sell me the room trying to give me discounts. This really pissed me off cause I didn't want to pay so much money, not being in my plans.
I had the impression that they were really desperate and trying to attract customers in the most cheeky ways, forcing them to take the room. I felt really awkward, i have been travelling in 4 continents and it never happened to me to find myself in this kind of situation.
They were not apologetic at all, and at the end of the day I had to pay anther cab to move in another accommodation, I was expecting them to offer to pay the cab which in Bali is something like 3 australian dollars but they didn't even bother to offer that.

BAD experience, bad customer service, bad way to make business.
Completely disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank crisposito
Perth
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great little gem of a 4 star hotel. It is a little out of the way which suits us just fine. The road is pretty bad but is now under repair. The rooms are OK but clean and spacious. Grounds very well kept and pool area small but more than sufficient for the number of guests.

The key to this place is, however, the staff. They are the most pleasant and helpful we have come across in our travels. Problems are dealt with quickly and with a smile. On this visit the driver waited 3 hours at the airport when our plane was delayed, we were taken where we wanted to go when we when we wanted to go and they accommodated our needs due to our flight leaving late in the day. We will be back. Ian W.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldaussiePerth
CattleyaSuiteBali, E Commerce Manager at Marbella Pool Suite, responded to this review, May 6, 2014

Fingal Head
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We found Cattleya on wotif.com under the five star rating accommodation, although we were quite disappointed to find our room was not what we expected. On arrival, our room smelt terribly. It was a damp smell which lingered the whole time we were there. The design and positioning of these particular rooms do not allow sunlight into the room during the day, having to rely on lighting, even on the sunniest day. The service at Cattleya was excellent, the staff very friendly, with service all hours of the day and night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peta H

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 25, 2013

i stayed at catteeya suite condotel with private room for two night..its amazing experience stayed at this hotel.its new hotel but the service is very good. the located of this hotel at kerobokan area. its small way to get there. kerobakan famous with private area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A nice little hotel set on a very bumpy dirt road. The road is that bad that you actually feel guilty for asking the cab drivers to take you down it. The hotel runs a good car service in to Seminyak and the beach so you only have to worry about coming back in on a cab. One of the hotel drivers said that once all the other hotels in the little side road get built then the road would be reapired. The one bedroom pool villa that I stayed in with my daughter was nicely set up but the un-enclosed bathroom, which leads to the bedroom and the pool, tended to have a lot of mosquitoes. The staff do a turn down run every evening and put out mosquito coils which definitely help. During the day the fully roofed pool looks very drab and unwelcoming, but it looks a lot nicer when lit up at night. There is no steps to get into the pool which makes it very awkward and not suitable for some people. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the included buffet breakfast was enjoyable, although quite basic. If I saw a deal on-line again for here I would probably buy it again, but I would not go back if paying full rates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, your input will make us grow better and satisfy your expectation. Hope to see you soon; the legendary sunset is always here.

E Commerce Manager | ecommerce@marbellaseminyak.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Kokonut Suites
The Haven Bali
The Haven Bali
#67 of 144 in Seminyak
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,695 reviews

Been to Marbella Pool Suite? Share your experiences!