“cosy!”

Marbella Pool Suite
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Bought the Groupon for my parents 33th anniversary but unfortunately it was fully booked on their dates. Looks like its a calling for hubby, my daughter n me for another holiday in Bali after 3 years. We went on Oct 2012. The condotel situated in Seminyak, about 20 mins from airport. Its located among the other villas with paddy field views. The place is very cosy. We had a very relaxing stay. I've stayed in Bali Garden before, at the busiest Kartika Plaza road. So this is very different place.... I enjoyed our own private pool and the hotel pool itself. Breakfast was normal, not much varities but its OK. Room was nice. I love the huge bathroom. Overall i had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CattleyaSuiteBali, E Commerce Manager at Marbella Pool Suite, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, your input will make us grow better and satisfy the guests expectation. Hope to see you soon; the legendary sunset is always here.

There are newer reviews for Marbella Pool Suite

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ok, for all you out there ready or wanting to go to the Cattleya suites here is an honest review. This is not a new place, refurbished, this is not a hotel, it's all apartments and lastly it's not close to the beach, it's a fifteen minute walk minimum or 25,000 by taxi. Oh and I nearly forgot the best, the receptionist will ask you for a deposit for incidentals 250k, I did not pay, I suggest you do not either.

First the moan, boiler broke on first day, ice cold pool was always dirty, breakfast was poor and the receptionist insisted on a morning call every day at 9.30am (I did not ask for a call) and lastly the AC unit broke on day one.

And now the good stuff. The staff are all very helpful, the rooms are as per the brochure, the location is near two really cool places to have breakfast "bali catering company" & "the coffee spot" both a fifteen minute, but great food! Most importantly the rooms are clean well maintained and with fresh laundry every day.

In conclusion and aside from a creaky bed and it not being a hotel, it's a good base to see Bali from and Im happy given this was via Groupon.

Two to share, if you want some activity on your vacation then try infinity mountain biking. It's a 60k ride with some incredible scenery, local villages and a chance to meet the real people of Bali. medium to experienced cyclists only. Get a scooter to enjoy the bars and shops at 50k per day is cheaper than taxis and more fun, wear a helmet!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Winstone7

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My friend and I bought 2 vouchers from Groupon for our stay at about S$186 per person for a junior suite.

The staff were very polite and the hotel offered drop off services to nearby restaurants (Ku De Ta and Nirwana) or shopping centre (Seminyak square). For most aspects, it certainly meets our expectations.

The main area that exceeds our expectations was that one morning, we had to leave our hotel to go for a snorkelling trip at 6.45am in the morning. However, breakfast would be served from 7am onwards. So we asked the reception if we could have our breakfast at 6am instead. The hotel then made arrangements for 2 breakfast boxes to be served to our rooms at 6am in the morning.

I won't deny that even though the location is a little bit far from civilisation, most tour, diving or spa agencies would offer free shuttle service to and fro the hotel so this problem could be easily coped.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We used a Groupon voucher like many others, and got a 1 bedroom pool suite. We actually ended up being in one of the upstairs suites which was great because our private courtyard got a lot of sunlight and the pool was nice and warm.
The suite was quite nice and having the private pool was fantastic. However, I would not have paid $US270 a night which is what the full price is. There are many other villas around that area which seem to be nicer.
The 'shuttle' into Seminyak was only available on one of the 3 nights we were there, so the other nights we paid for a taxi (not expensive, but still).
They need to some improvements before charging the full price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a great experience stay at Cattleya Suite, I stay at one bed room suite with private pool, the pool is huge, representative for 2 person, but the water was cold, and can not be warmed. The interior was clean, newly, and have a spacious room. However the minus point of this hotel was in breakfast, the only serve ala carte with I had to choose earlier, nevertheless understandable due to limited guess on that hotel, and give more privacy since the breakfast they served in your own room. I cant say much about the neighborhood of this hotel, its very quite place, very good for you whom want get little privacy with your spouse, but for party-goers this place was to silent, and you have to get a vehicle to go to nearest seminyak square (they provide us shuttle every time we want go, so you don't have to wait their schedule like others) but for the return you have to get a cab (which you have to make sure that they use meters, only $2-$3 from seminyak square).
The staff were pleasant, serve us with smile, and ready 24 Hr to serve you.

my disappointed of this hotel service was they pick us with using -not good- vehicle which is grand max, In my origin it's use for mass transportation. Very bad, they put us in such a horrible car considering they guess must be from high class socialite..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We moved from our original location in Ubud to the Cattleya in Seminyak due to uncomfortable bedding. I found a deal on Last Minute and we drove down.

It was a little hard to find and first impressions when pulling up was one of alarm, it didn't look that great from the outside.

We unloaded and went into the reception area, which was small, but nice.

The check in process was easy as we had prepaid and we were shown to our accomodation.

We had booked a 2 bedroom private pool villa and I must say it was really nice.

Just a couple of things that we noticed that weren't great:

1. The breakfast that was included was the same every day. It wasn't the best. You had to cook your own toast, the coffee was powdered crap and you had to boil the kettle yourself. The portions that they put out in the buffet were small and were constantly running out. It took a little while to be replenished.

2. The pool needs to be cleaned prior to your arrival. When we got there, it was a little murky, but they cleaned it the day before we left and it was much better. However, it really was nice to have your own pool and there was enough towels to go around.

3. The bathrooms were nice, almost luxurious had they been finished properly. It was a little rough around the edges. The shower floor was covered in stones which I found to be a little odd. I moved them out the way so I could stand comfortably whilst showering. I did notice that the showers were not cleaned under the stones so there was a lot of yucky stuff that was underneath and around the plug.

4. I asked for a romantic bath to be made up for my wife one night. We go home to lovely towels arranged in a love heart/swan and the bath (although I requested Frangipanis) was filled with rose petals in a love heart. My wife added some hot water to the bath (it was half filled with cold) and got in. 5 minutes later, she came out to the pool in a dressing gown. She had just had a shower to wash all the bugs and worms off her body. The bath was full of them. We drew attention to this and were informed that they weren't dangerous. I think they missed the point of having a worm bath! My wife wasn't impressed and it was a nice thought that went horribly wrong.

Apart from these small things, everything about our 6 night stay was nice. There's a great little coffee place about 3 minutes walk up the road called Ippolito that served single origin Kintamani coffee that was roasted on site. This made my mornings/afternoons and evenings bearable! With a 1 year old that woke early, it was lovely to take her up the road to get a coffee whilst my wife had a lie in.

All in all, I can't say this was a bad stay, it was actually really enjoyable. Close to everything in Seminyak, it just needs a little refinement around the edges to be truly a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BlackDogUpYa

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My sister and I had an awful experience here. First, let me say that if you like your creature comforts, then this is NOT the place to stay.

1. Booked the hotel driver to take us to a friend's wedding in Uluwatu (just over an hour from Seminyak) - we were told that the driver knew where he was going and booked the driver at 2.30pm. The wedding was at 4.00pm and at 4.45pm we arrived at the resort in Uluwatu.
This was a horrible experience being lost in the mountains and missing the wedding ceremony! Having travelled all the way to Bali particularly for the wedding and missing the ceremony due to lack of preparation from the hotel.
It was awful being stuck in the car for over 2 hours and the driver did not have a map!!! He admitted later that he did not know where he was going.
I made a complaint to the hotel when we arrived back later in the evening only to be told that the driver was new and didn't know where it was....
oh my god, if i could turn back time i would! AWFUL!!!

2. Bathroom smells. Shower is lined with pebbles that hurt, i suggest you wear thongs. Also, it smells like urine in the shower.

3. Shower had no hot water. When we complained, we were told that was normal temperature (which it wasn't). We could not even stand under the shower to wash ourselves as it was that cold! The next day, the hot water worked, but it seemed to be on a timer. After 2 mins, the hot water would stop. Being rushed in the shower is not very pleasant.

4. Small bathroom sink - if you are going to share with a girlfriend, then you better book another hotel. The mirror is so small only one person can use the mirror at a time. There are no other mirrors or a full length mirror in the room.

5. Too many mozzies - could not sleep with mozzies eating my face!

6. Brekkie - free brekkie was offered but is not good. Fresh juice sits directly under the sun. You need you boil the kettles if you want to make tea/coffee. The coffee granules sit in an icecream container with a spoon. There is a nice hotel down the road, Maca, we got iced coffees there and brekkie which is quite cheap and the atmosphere is very nice.

7. They ripped us off - paid for a taxi service at front desk, only to find that we were charged again when we left. I know that the person at the front desk pocketed this when we paid for it originally.

8. A lot of taxi drivers do not know where this is as it's on a dirt road off a main road.

9. Pillows are way too hard!

I'm never one to complain, and this is the first time i have written a review. I can honestly say that for the time we spent at the hotel, it was awful. There were no apologies and for them to shrug off the fact that it was their fault we missed a wedding ceremony and smile was just the last straw.

I am very disappointed. Do not stay here!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Andi N

E Commerce Manager | ecommerce@marbellaseminyak.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Kokonut Suites
Park Regis Kuta Bali
Park Regis Kuta Bali
#56 of 254 in Kuta
Ramada Encore Bali Seminyak

Been to Marbella Pool Suite? Share your experiences!