“Nice option in Seminyak Area”

Marbella Pool Suite
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice option in Seminyak Area”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at Junior Suite room and it is very spacious for me. The service and friendliness of staff is great. Because they haven't finished the restaurant / lounge, I should have breakfast at my room, and I hope they improve breakfast quality. That's my only concern. Yes they're not on the prime location, but still you can go to nightlife spot in Oberoi / Seminyak easily. Other things are great and I hope they finish the development soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
CattleyaSuiteBali, E Commerce Manager at Marbella Pool Suite, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, your input will make us grow better and satisfy the guests expectation. Hope to see you soon; the legendary sunset is always here.

E Commerce Manager | ecommerce@marbellaseminyak.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Make sure the hotel picks you up from the airport because, the hotel is located on a goat track and hard to find. Our one bedroom pool room was spacious and very well equipped. But, there is no view and not even the sky was visible from our room. The good-sized pool was very private, so private that even the sun did not get a look in so the water was cold. Maybe that is good during the hotter months of the year. ... No dining room... Breakfast just OK ...Noisy Air conditioner.
A $2.50 taxi ride will get you to the centre of Seminyak.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Been here in late July 2012. We stay in junior bedroom with one extra bed (family of 5).
Entering this hotel through an alley and then we found pools.
Quick check in. And surprise with the size of our room....wide enough for us to to & fro.
The staff was helpful. I don't think to choose the bedroom with pool because the outside pool almost empty all the time :)
The pros:
1. New hotel with good equpiment (microwave & big refrigerator)
2. Small terrace for breakfast
3. Spacious room

The cons:
1. The transparant glass door to the bathroom (you need to cover it with something for privacy)
2. Some mosquitos (don't forget to close the door)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel during our vacation in Bali. We bought a coupon from Groupon and for the price, it seems like a super good deal with a private pool.

The driver who came to pick us up from at airport was very friendly. So were the all the staff who we met in the villa. The lady at the reception was very friendly and polite, and very detailed in telling us all the info we need to know when staying at the villa.

We were delighted at the spacious 1 Bedroom Pool Villa and all the facilities it has to offer - big fridge, big bathroom with a big bathtub, amazing TV with many international channels - all clear with good sounds, electric kettle, and many power points for our many devices - 3 handphones, 1 laptop and 1 camera.

Breakfasts and afternoon teas were served daily, at the private poolside in our suite but had to be ordered the night before for breakfast and the day itself for tea.

The bed was very comfortable, with 4 big fluffy pillows! thumbs up for this!

Everything seems perfect but there were just a few areas that we have wished could be better.

1. The super cold private pool! seriously the sun never gets to the pool due to the way it was located in the 1 bedroom suite, so the water is super duper cold! Even at 12 noon! I had tried many many times to brave myself to get into the pool and all I achieved was only my 2 legs went in. My boyfriend fared a little better than me. He dipped in for like 30s before coming out again as it was simply too cold! We have asked if there was a heater to warm up the water but sadly there was none.
Seriously, whats the point of staying in a suite with a private pool & paying good money for it, if the pool cannot be used at all?? :( The management seriously needs to do something about this. We were really very disappointed!

2. We were told there was free wifi and indeed there was. But only 1 password and 1 login was given and we were again told the login and password can be used for up to 5 devices. We tried really many times, but all it can is login 1 device. We feedback to the staff and day after day, they still insisted up to 5 devices can be login using 1 set of id and password. Its so silly and cumbersome to have the same conversation for straight 3 days! But luckily, the staff also gave us slips of paper with unique id and password so all our devices could be login, but these unique id and passwords have to be obtained everyday as they expired everyday! (Omg!)

As for the location, it is not the best like example, some hotels in Kuta where outside the entrance, there are plenty of restaurants and shopping. Going anywhere needs a taxis. Some reviewers posted that the villa has car to drop guests off at the main area for free, but when we asked, they told us its not possible *shrugs* So we always have to call a taxis to get to anywhere. Walking is quite impossible as it takes about 15-20mins to walk to shops, and the road is bad plus the streets are dimly lit or totally not lighted at all. But well, if you like quiet and privacy, I guess accessibility is a trade-off.

There are a few insects that will fly into the bathroom as it is "open concept". But again, as the villa is using a "nature concept" a few insects is inevitable. There is a door separating the bathroom and bedroom so as long as this door is closed all the time, no insect will get into the bedroom area. We didnt have any issue with the insects at all.

Breakfast, as mentioned by others, does not have very much variety. But its complimentary, so nothing to complain about free items :)

Well, on the whole, Cattleya is a lovely place, but unless they fix the cold pool water issue, I don't think I'll come back here, as mentioned earlier, its quite silly to pay good money for a private pool that I cannot get into cuz its too cold!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Red R

perth wa
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were picked up from airport and taken to villa, further out than we normally stay but this didn't matter as we had a bike dropped off by bobos bikes and tours. We were meant to have 1 bed with pool but ended up with 2 bed with pool as the second. Bedroom is on the other side of the pool it wasn't like anyone else could use it, so very private. We had fridge mini bar very cheap as cheap as the deli so didn't mind using. Room was kept immaculate came each evening to close curtains turn back bed and spray for mossies. Was not really hot there at the time so didn't use pool, would be great in the real heat.have to agree with others on the breakfast needs a bit more variety , but in saying that they did accommodate us buy cooking toast till really brown and adding chopped chilli to the omelet I think if you explain what you would like they were more than accommodating. We had a late flight out so they gave us 3 pm check out and then we booked a massage with the villa and asked if we could have a shower after the massage, they organized it all . We had our massage from 5 to 6 in one of the rooms then showered and refreshed we had transport to airport. The staff were more than helpful. Not for those who want to party around pool at happy hour but fantastic for romantic getaway or quiet relaxing.great restaurants Round potato head, rustica,no far to seminyak square. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get upstairs

uk
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were a little concerned to be staying at what is described as a 'soft opening' period really meaning it is not yet finished. However we had an amazing time, The villa was spacious and luxurious, the bath was heaven!! The work is continuing but very discretely. The staff are amazing and work hard to ensure you have a brilliant stay. The pool is very nice and loungers comfortable. The only problem really was not having a bar to have a drink but that is planned. The breakfast is delivered to your room in a morning which is good in some respects but again would be nice if there was a breakfast room. We used the hotel transport which was great and we got dropped of at the airport after our stay, which is included in the room price. The villa's are a little off the beaten track but that does not cause a problem and it is next door to a bit of a run-down place but that is usual in Bali and does not spoil what is in the complex. Thanks to all the staff for there dedication and we will most defiantly stay again if we are in Seminyak.

Room Tip: You will not get a bad room here whatever you choose

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I were quite apprehensive about the hotel as there were not a lot of reviews about it on TripAdvisor. And the reviews on the cold private pool made me kinda regret spending that extra money for requesting for a room with one.

The hotel provides shuttle services to and fro the airport. We read that it was meant to be free but during the trip to the airport for our return flight, the driver told us that we had to pay him. We said that we already did at the hotel and he didn't ask for more. Wondered if he was really telling the truth...

The check in and check out were done swiftly which was excellent. Since the villa was built around more or less an open concept with an outdoor bathroom, it meant that there were constantly many mosquitoes. Furthermore, the hotel is just opposite a seemingly stagnant rice field, maybe that's where the mosquitoes came from. However, the hotel was helped solve that problem daily by spraying insecticide daily. Smoking repellents were also placed near the pool to help get rid of the mosquitoes. The problem was that there were sometimes dead mosquitoes floating in the bathtub. On the first day, when we just entered our room, we were greeted with an insecticide smoking just along the corridor which was very noisy and smelly as well.

The room was always cleaned properly and bottles of water added everyday for us. There was also a huge fridge and a microwave for guests' use.The TV provides a myriad of international channels. There was just so much to watch, it provided good entertainment for us at night. The air con is perfect for such hot weather as well. The bed was fluffly and just right for sleeping. I have been to hotels where the pillows were too hard or too low, or the beds would give you a shoulder ache in the morning. But the beds in the villa was really comfortable and allowed me to have a good night's sleep.

The private pool was too, too, too cold. Just as what almost all the other reviews have mentioned. My boyfriend and I used it not more than 3 times throughout our stay. It wasn't because we really enjoyed it but just that it felt like a waste of money if we didn't utilize it enough. Cattleya should install heaters in the pool. There is no need to turn the heater on the whole day or put the switch for the heater in the villa where guests would turn it on the entire day. Having the reception or some hotel staff controlling the heater, turning it on for just a few minutes at intervals each day would be fine. There won't be too much of a waste of electricity too.

The breakfast was not good. I ordered the local breakfast most of the time and I would prefer if the Nasi Goreng and Bee Hoon Goreng were spicy, as what the locals would have. My boyfriend had the western set throughout the holiday and the portion was too little for him. The bacon was just too little. Other than that the rest was fine. Maybe add in some hashbrown??? Haha.

Location wise is pretty bad. Many taxi drivers around the area don't even know where the hotel is and the hotel is not very obvious from the main road. There is a need to drive down a bumpy unlit road to get to the hotel. My boyfriend and I tried walking back to the hotel from potato head and we were almost attacked by stray dogs. We couldn't see the dogs, only hear its barkings getting closer and then we only saw it when it came pretty close. Luckily the driver from the villa nearby offered to help us and send us back in the car for free. Really much thanks to the driver from Villa Lumbog or something like that. You saved our lives!

Before we checked in I had to make a deposit of 500,000 rupiah but upon checking out I did not receive it back. Instead, I was told to wait for 2 weeks to get my money back. I have never experienced such a thing before so I am pretty worried if I would get my money back. Shall wait and see.

Overall, I had a good stay at the Cattlaya Suite Condotel. I would come back to stay here again if the hotel manages to sort out the few kinks that they have.

1 Thank mengcheng

E Commerce Manager | ecommerce@marbellaseminyak.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Kokonut Suites
Ramada Encore Bali Seminyak
Sense Hotel Seminyak
Sense Hotel Seminyak
#71 of 145 in Seminyak

Been to Marbella Pool Suite? Share your experiences!