“Flies, stomachache, bad chopstick”
Review of Tahari Sushi

Tahari Sushi
Ranked #111 of 218 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tahari Sushi is the one of fusion Japanese cuisine restaurant at banjar semer kerobokan bali is serving the choice of Japanese culinary fusion sushi, robatayaki, and noodles. Tahari Sushi restaurant is decorated in minimalist modern style design. Tahari Sushi came from the name of the chef which have more than 10 years experience in Japanese and fusion cuisine.Tahari Sushi restaurant is open starting 11 march 2012 and all our team and my self will welcome you to make from your visit your best fusion food souvenir.“Because Fusion make no distinction between Foreign and Asian in our Service”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

TaHaRi is one of well know Sushi Restaurant in Bali, especially Kerobokan area. I like how the chefs know how to make custom Sushi as I order which don't listed on the menu book, like lets say Kani Tamago Maki or Salmon Shiyo. Also, TaHaRi is the only Sushi Restaurant in Bali or even in Indonesia who serves Salmon Skin Fried so different compares to regular one.

The male staffs are really proactive, know when to refill the drink or take away the waste dishes. The female one are so awful, lack of awareness and concentration about what costumers' needs, especially one with dark skin and long hair who just show her face off behind the bartender bar. They simply useless.

Please educate your women's staffs more, or at least give a simple briefing everyday to remind them all, to serve appetizer first like Agedashi Tofu and any others. And I can understand for Chawan Mushi which needs time to be boiled up first for around 15 mins, but not for other Appetizer. They serve the main course; the sushi first, instead of the Appetizer.

Salmon Maki tastes so awful, and gave me stomachache, either because the Salmon wasn't fresh anymore and looks sticky, almost rotten or because of flies that step around on my meals. When I complained about flies, one big enough guy as I assumed the Supervisor or Captain did the right thing by putting a candle on the table to sweep away the flies. But yes, there was more than 4 flies and my hands tried to "hush" them away constantly.

If you sell Sushi or Japanese cuisines, please use Japanese chopsticks not Chinese chopsticks which way too long and uncomfortable to be hand gripped. It's like tell Italians to drink their coffee on the plate or a soup bowl, instead of coffee cup.

For a costumer who spend at least IDR 350,000 alone, I feel so disappointed to have Sushi in this TaHaRi. And yes, I feel that this restaurant disrespects me or the cuisines they try to sell up by the chopsticks they give. You should really know the products you sell, or lets say make up your brand knowledge.

Please change your Chinese chopstick utensils into Japanese chopsticks, otherwise I will never back to this TaHaRi and inform all my colleagues, friends, clients, suppliers to never have Sushi in this Restaurant. I'd also post this bad review to my blog, culinary and well known forums.

And yes, I'm a customer who always ok to spend much money, as long the restaurants or cuisines is worth, and always become a repeater costumer..

2  Thank azulyc

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I love fusion food and This restaurant never fail me.. :)
Taste so good and price cheap.
Very nice place and not so far from seminyak area.

1  Thank Ivan C
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This was really disappointing. It's hard to get good sushi in Bali, and the tripadvisor reviews were promising. The menus also looked good and were fusion-oriented, and the waiters smiled obligingly.

As such I feel bad saying anything negative, as the place was trying hard. But unfort, nothing was really a hit at all, other than the edamame and the cold Heineken. The salmon and tuna were bland and watery; the "spicy" tuna rolls were tuna maki with some Marie-Rose-style mayonnaise with some chilli sauce in it on them; various of the other rolls either had no fish or little fish in them. By the end of one roll we were still struggling to work out what exactly it was.

Just nothing really worked at all unfort. It was pretty cheap though, fwiw.

1  Thank lordmair
Reviewed August 29, 2013

One thing that I like about this place is it's location, because it's near my home. The taste is nice, many choices and an "okay" staff. I think they should be more friendly to local people like me.
Anyway, that's not a big deal. Have you tried Ramen level 10?? If not yet, just try it, it really burned me down.. :D

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had lunch at Tahari sushi...the food always nice and feel relaxing. have any variant of japanese dish. good place, good food and affordable price...

1  Thank balivillaliving