“Peaceful and relaxing. Lovely staff. A pleasure to stay there.”

Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
“Peaceful and relaxing. Lovely staff. A pleasure to stay there.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a very relaxing time. The staff are awesome and very happy to help. We had a villa with a pool and it was so peaceful. A very good place to unwind. The spa is beautiful. We will definitely stay there again. Caz and Will

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Inniathanneer
Ery M, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
It is a pleasure to know that you had such a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed your Villa and other facilities. We will also soon to have a Fitness & Gym that you will be able to enjoy in your next visit. Thank so much for sharing your valuable experience. We definitely look forward to welcome you back for another memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My sister bought the Groupon voucher for the villa stay and I must say it was so worth it. Sadly we only stayed for 4D3N and we wished we could have stayed longer. From the beginning of the airport pick up till check out, the staff I met were all very polite and helpful.

Something I want to highlight was their service. I called for dinner room service and requested for corn & asparagus dish as stated on the menu. However, I was told that they do not have such dish BUT if i want it, they can prepare corn and asparagus soup for me, just as what I wanted. And of cos, I was v happy cos they really treated their guest like VIP. My sis wanted more mushrooms from her America set breakfast and we requested for a whole plate of mushrooms which obviously can't be found in the menu but the staff suited our request.

We stayed in a one bedroom villa with a private pool. The whole landscape was cosy and I really liked the bathroom. It was really spacious. Just wished that they'd have more lights cos it's really dim and I don't really like it. Other than that, we had a 1 hr massage which was great as well and overall, we really enjoyed our stay.

Their hospitality was impeccable :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cheryl N
Ery M, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We tahnk you for your valuable comments and on the behalf of PLataran Bali Family, we wish to welcome you again in not too distance future....Terima Kasih..
wollongong sydney nsw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here and it was PERFECT!!!

We just felt at home & felt like family to the stafff!

Although it is a bit out of town from Semeyak & Kuta, its just a taxi ride away and the hotel has a free shuttle a couple of times during the day - but a taxi is cheap & you can learn indonesian with the taxi driver too.

Aparanttely they also have a free afternoon tea! (but we never went - we were always out)

SaNur is also a taxi ride away (aprox 1 hour) worth a trip out for the day too.

Definately do the cooking class!!!!! It was amazing!
We also did the green tea scrub - LOVELY!!!! They look after you so well! And are soooo sweet!!!
We had the biggest floral bath to finish.

And I think nearly all of them have private pools.

The staff - all of them - even the gardeners are just so happy to see you & want you to come back.

Its also really peaceful here but right next to a real rice field (they can organise you to plant rice if you like) sometimes the farmers use rocks in a box to scare the birds away. But its all part of the sounds of this place. Id definately come back here!!!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are good. i think there is only one that doesn't have a private pool but the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mia A
Ery M, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to welcoming you back at homey PLataran Bali :-)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Plataran for six nights for a much needed restful break. The pictures that you see either on the website or through trip advisor do not do this place justice. The gardens are beautiful and the Villas immaculately maintained. The property is a great place for honeymooners or those wanting peace and tranquility. Don't worry about its location as you can get a taxi to wherever you want to go and they are cheap.

What has been a stand out experience for me is the genuine friendliness and consideration of all of the staff. They make an effort to remember your name and they are alert to how they can assist. When one of arrangements fell through because of a tour operators, not Platarans, error - the staff assisted us and we were on our way in 15minutes.

We stayed in Villa 21 and it was a quiet haven. The private plunge pool was of a decent size and was a welcome refresher at the start and end of the day. The bathroom was a beautiful indoor/outdoor arrangemen with plenty of his and hers space. The bath is enormous and can fit two...we succeeded and all linen, towels and toiletries are of high quality. You must try the day spa, my wife and I did and it was indulgent and relaxing. I highly recommend the cooking class they offer, it ends n a romantic dinner in the gardens.

All in all, this has become the new standard for me to judge hotels by. I have come away refreshed and wanting to go back. Highly recommended for all to try.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twofriendsoftravel
We thank you for the valuable comments and on the behalf of PLataran Family we'd like to thank you and welcoming you back in not too distance future...thanks
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Perfect resort with very good hospitality and good maintenance.
Pool villa is excellent very neatly maintained pool , staff was very friendly and even presented us with cake while leaving.
You can even customize the food , chef team is very friendly
Surely must stay place , location is very peaceful relaxing

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pravinvram
Thank you for your valuable comments and welcoming you back at Homey PLataran Bali
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've enjoyed the Bali villa experience three times in the past couple of years and I must say, Plataran Bali is the best so far. The property is beautifully landscaped. Lush greenery, wooden suspension bridges and a spacious outdoor deck where you can stare at the stars in the evenings through a proper telescope.

My parents and I got a split-level 2 bedroom pool villa. Again, very beautiful. Spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. No kitchen but no problem. The restaurant serves some of the best Balinese foods I've tasted.

The condition of the electrical appliances in the room are kind of a pain though. My cordless phone broke down one morning and it just kept ringing. Really annoyed that I couldn't get more sleep that day. The wi-fi was down for the most part because heavy rains did something to the wi-fi reception tower, I was told. My hot water shower ran out of hot water after a bit.

My parents had no such problems though, except for the wi-fi. Guess it was just my bad luck with appliances. But the staff at Plataran Bali did everything they could to solve those breakdowns and I really, really appreciate their friendliness, patience and earnestness in making my experience as smooth and as comfortable as possible.

My mother and I signed up for a Balinese cooking class with Chef Nyoman Rai here at the resort. Easily the highlight of our trip.
(1) It was a private class. And so much better value for money than the group courses other restaurants provide. Because it's private, the chef could cater his recipes to our needs – my mother is pescatarian – so this point is super important for us.
(2) Like I mentioned earlier, the restaurant at Plataran Bali serves some of the best-tasting Balinese foods I've had. Eat from the best, learn from the best.
(3) We lunched on our creations in an open-air restaurant filled with just one table and lots of nature.

I learned that there's a Plataran Resort in Ubud and another one in Borobodur. Definitely gonna consider these resorts if I visit these areas. I'm now a big fan of the Plataran experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rumtumtums
We thank you for your valuable comments and wishing to welcoming you back at homey PLataran Bali, thanks
Maienfeld, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

It's definitely one of the best places to stay on Bali if you are looking for a splendid, tranquil and well kept bungalow resort on the island. The professionalism and friendliness of the staff and the management is outstanding in every kind. Our nice pool bungalow in traditional balinese style was well kept and properly cleaned every day. The receptionist even guided me personally for treatment to a local doctor as I was suffering of back pain. The chef of the kitchen fulfilled us twice our own wishes of local dishes and prepared some delicious dinners for us. The quality of the kitchen is outstanding and, believe it or not, one of the best you can get on Bali, both for local as well as western food. The dishes are prepared and served with so much care, aroma and taste that I tend to call it art. As it was raining most of the time of our stay we enjoyed the in-house SPA several times and were both treated by professional hands. The huge garden opposite the small river parting the resort got wonderful additions with a new, very inviting Balé for reading and an open kitchen for cooking classes (highly recommended if you plan to improve your cooking skills from a master). Being treated like kings for 8 days it made it very hard to leave at the end. Pity the rainy season in January was too hard this time, else we would have stayed 3 weeks as planned. But .... we will definitely get back to Plataran. Thank you very much for that outstanding hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank VundA
Made T, General Manager at Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Any & Venessa...

We thank you and your valuable comments and look forward to see you again in not too distance future....

PLataran Bali Family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa
#3 of 35 in Kerobokan
The Santai
The Santai
#4 of 35 in Kerobokan

Been to Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!