“Beautiful!”

Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I read the reviews on this site before I came and overall thought other people's impression had been pretty good. A few things I read,, I thought were incorrect however... The lighting on the paths is ambient and certainly enough to safely allow you to walk around at night, they also provide a torch in the room just in case. The room felt very safe to me, we stayed in a pool villa, the wooden gate to get in the villa entrance does not lock but the room itself does and they also provide a in-room safety box.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the staff were warm and welcoming. They were keen to help us with all our everyday plans as well as planning our onward journey. The room and outdoor bathroom were lovely. The location suited me perfectly, as I think kuta and seminyak are far too touristy! And to get there for dinner is only a short cab ride away.

Plataran is a little oasis and I would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GirlBrissie001
There are newer reviews for Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The food at the restaurant was very delicious and world class. The surroundings made us feel very close to nature. The architects are good and the people who serviced us during our stay made the atmosphere even better and more memorable. Spa was very relaxing. We thank the crew and team at Plataran for the wonderful stay that we had.

Room Tip: Rooms with the pool give a personal indulgence and privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed at Plataran for 2 weeks while looking for a villa in Bali. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the place had a nice quiet ambience. Beautiful traditional villas - only minus was that Internet connection in villas not always very strong.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Long story short, we arrived, grounds were lovely. Definately would get the experience you were after if you wanted peace and quiet.
I see many reviews say it is far away, but this is Bali, the taxi costs like AUD$5, that is fine maybe 20 min in a cab back to the main areas. Our driver didn't know where it was though, as apparently it used to be called the Novus, so we had a bit of a mission getting there, but only because they didn't know what the Plataran was given the name change was mid-2011 so I'm told.
So anyway, we were booked for 3 nights but we left before going to bed on the first evening. Like I said the place was great, but it's semi-traditional so has old wood doors on the villas, that were not near as secure as I require, especiailly in a foreign country. When I say not secure, one of them could be pushed open when locked from the outside when we tested it. I mean it was my first time to Bali so I don't know the risks, but we weren't happy with that. I lost my pre-paid money but wasn't going to bother chasing it, it was my choice to leave.
It seems there was a security guard there, but this place is big, you have huge villas/pools etc to yourself, and if there were intruders, it wouldn't be heard. Further, this place doesn't have the unbreachable walls some places have by any means. People could get in. It was also very quiet when we were there, so didn't see too many other tourists which made it more unnerving. Anyway, if they spent some money making really good door locks etc (maybe it was just our villa that needed that) I would have given it 4-4.5 stars.

Room Tip: The villas are huge, you get more or less your own huge pool. Take mozzy repellant though.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AusJP
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at a pool villa for 5 nights and absolutely enjoyed the tranquil setting of this resort. It is a 30 minutes drive away from the main areas like Seminyak but that's exactly what I was looking for. The staff is genuinely friendly and very helpful. They served me breakfast even at 11.30 a.m. which I greatly appreciated since sleeping in is part of my holiday routine. I also enjoyed a daily massage and would rate the services in the Spa as one of the best I've ever had. The food selection of the restaurant is not very extensive and needs improvement.
I would go back there anytime for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Annelie62
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I spent wonderful relaxing days with my partner in this Balinese resort, a beautiful and spacious pool villa was our home, we didn't want to leave - a bit like having Ubud atmosphere in the southern part of Bali, a small river flowing through the resort, surrounded by tropical trees, bamboo and many other plants, a green oasis but not far from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak/Legian, close to a Eco Beach (free hotel transfer), you get a real Balinese feeling staying here - we are both pleased with the excellent service and the friendliness of the very helpful staff & management...improvements: different kind of pillow grades, a bit more lighting in the pathways between the villas, free wifi in the rooms...that's it.
We planned already our next stay at Plateran and are also curious about their resort in Java which we will visit the next time.
For us the Plateran is a real Balinese jewel between all these new modern style villas and resorts, all missing the typical Balinese touch and feeling!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

When we first arrived we were a little aprehensive considering where you drive into but once we actually drove into the villa it was just picture perfect! We had a beautiful breakfast every morning and when we didnt show to breakfast the staff would actually call our room and bring it too us which i thought was really sweet!

Room was decked out with a flat screen TV and DVD player/sound system that was fantastic especially when you go into the main town and buy $1 DVDS!

The complimentary shuttle bus was a godsend considering that we we about 40 mins from Kuta but the staff showed us around.. dropped us off & picked us up at whatever time we wanted at no cost but we did choose to tip them for their efforts.

Overall it is a beautiful and traditional Balinese paridise and i would recommend it to anyone planning to stay in Bali.

Room Tip: The pool Villa was absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lozzynrome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
Plataran Ubud Hotel & Spa
#1 of 35 in Kerobokan
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
#10 of 147 in Seminyak

Been to Plataran Canggu Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!