“Something classy and worth every bit”
Review of Mamasan

Mamasan
Ranked #12 of 218 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Love the atmosphere of the restaurant. Makes you feel as if you've come to another era. Made an online reservation way before I went to Bali and I am pleasant surprise at the variety of food they have there.
The portions are pretty huge so if you're sharing between 2 people, it'd be good to sieve out what you really want to have than have everything that looks good. The staff are very attentive and even though it might be a little on the pricey side, I'd say it's worth the experience. My boyfriend and I especially enjoyed a pork cheek dish (I think it's an appetizer). The meat is tender, juicy and richly flavored. I don't usually eat pork because of it's taste and smell but this didn't feel like pork at all. In my opinion, worth the try.
Will definitely go back again when I visit Bali :)

1  Thank Daphanie L
Write a ReviewReviews (3,482)

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Simply delicious food, beautifully executed and presented, in a stunning environment.
Casual glamour both on the menu and in the dining room.
We several dishes, being two different dumplings (lamb and pumpkin and beef and bamboo shoot) which were both filled with unctuous meat with flavourful sauces, foillowed by the deep fried whole snapper that melted in the mouth and sang with sweet and sour flavour, tender rich pork ribs, and duck with broth, bok choy, noodles and dumplings.
With so many stand-outs, how could we choose a favourite? Although the fish and duck would probably lead the race!
Definitely book as this place is deservedly popular!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've made several visits to Mamasan since it opened. Looking back, the last time I was there I had no appetite so didn't love my experience.
On returning this trip, I remembered how fantastic the place is. Unusually for Bali, recently we noticed poor staff training in other places but not here. The staff were excellent. We were seated initially at a nice table but unfortunately a large party celebrating a birthday were becoming louder and louder. Without us requesting, the senior staff member asked if we would like to move to a quieter table. This was done in such a professional way without any fuss.
The food was perfect, couldn't fault it.

1  Thank 20pence
Reviewed April 24, 2014

It was my first time visiting and have been looking forward to the meal for weeks now. Definitely worth the wait. This is a great place for a night out with friends. The buzzy atmosphere is fun and hip but it can get a bit loud at times. Food was very tasty, although ordering was a bit difficult with such a long menu. Too many choices! Luckily the staff was good at making recommendations. Drinks were hit or miss (avoid the ginger beer). Would definitely recommend this place for a fun night out. Be sure to book in advance!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The food was merely acceptable and overpriced. Because Mamasan was recommended to us we expected better. What we got was a noisy stiflingly hot uncomfortable dining experience that we would expect from a fast food restaurant. Couldn't wait to get out.