“Trendy design, great desserts”
Review of Mamasan

Mamasan
Ranked #11 of 209 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went here for lunch with my family and we had a great time. We ordered a few dishes out of which one was really good and one was pretty flat. The desserts were awesome.
The place is trendy, the service is good, and I will definitely go there again.

There are newer reviews for Mamasan

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Great meal out with my husband. Had no booking but after a drink at their bar within 20min got a table. Food, service and decor was fantastic. Not cheap but as expected from such a nicely set up restaurant we were happy with everything! One of the better restaurants to definitely seek out while in Seminyak.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had dinner there, had to have a 6:30pm booking as was so busy. Our first table was by a leaking air on unit, so they asked us if we wanted to swap tables. We said yes, because the table had one side of very low seats, which would have made it a messy affair with 2 children, and even the adults could not sit at a normal height here. Our next table was much better. At the back of the restaurant, it had a much better ambience and was well placed. We ordered cocktails which were good, the water was free flow which was good, and the children had ginger beer (which was very weak).
We ordered way too much, our waitress told us to delete a curry and a starter from our list, which we did, and she was right. A refreshing and welcome bit of honesty. The food was good, we had Thai fish cakes, dumplings, 2 curries, fried chicken, Asian greens, roti ( was not the best actually). The coffee was good too. Excellent service. I personally thought the young man handing out hand towels was unnecessary, I don't like people standing outside my toilet door either!
Upstairs looked good too, more relaxed.
I nice way to spend my last night in Bali.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Could only get a 6.30 sitting due to the popularity of this place. Service was excellent and our waitress told us to only order one rice as the Masaman curry was basically for two people, which was a refreshing and honest approach. I had the signature duck dish that was nice, but too many bones. Overall, good good & great service so worth a visit if in Seminyak for a few noghts.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

A ten minute walk from Amana Villas is Mamasan, a fashionable Australian-owned restaurant with cool decor and purportedly some of the best food in Bali. Converted from a large old warehouse, Mamasan occupies two floors - a large restaurant on the ground floor and a busy cocktail bar and lounge on the first. A beautiful and stylish restaurant, it has high ceilings, some impressive British colonial-style furniture and other vintage pieces and paintings.

Mamasan is the "trendy" option in Seminyak with European prices to match. We enjoyed the food at this restaurant but found the nightclub style music and feel of the place a bit discouraging. There is a dress code and diners are expected to dress smartly. Photography is not permitted inside the restaurant, and after pleading with our waitress, the manager, and then the owner, we were allowed a couple of sneaky pics.

The menu features dishes from most South-East Asian countries, particularly Thailand and Vietnam, but also has some Chinese and Indonesian options. We started with a refreshing Thai salad of crispy salmon skin and green mango served with sweet fish sauce at £7.50. This was a delicious, zingy and well made salad.

The Sichuanese fried cumin lamb at £7 was also good although not as "cuminy" as I tasted in other Chinese restaurants, and the portion was a tad ungenerous.

The crispy confit pork hock on the bone served with a Nam Pla Prik sauce at £9 was a triumph. Crispy on the outside but succulent and very soft inside, I just wished I had a bigger stomach to order another portion there and then. Apologies for the dodgy image quality, the pictures were taken quickly and in poor light.

The wine list is one the most expensive we saw in Bali with entry, basic level wines at around £40, so we opted for jasmine tea at £2.50 per person (Michelin-starred Hakkasan prices). Annoyingly, our tea was served in two separate Western tea pots and cups which took up nearly our entire table, and unsurprisingly, they were not refilled.

For the full review and images, visit - www.thelondonfoodie.co.uk