“Memorable Mama San”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Philadelphia
“Memorable Mama San”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were nicely surprised by this amazing restaurant nearby our villa. The chicken & pomelo salad, crispy whole fish & mung bean cake were our favorite dishes. The restaurant manager, Chris, is very charming & attentive to dinner guests. We absolutely loved everything about this place from the hip atmosphere, to the food & great service. . .

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Willunga, Australia
“A taste sensation”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have been to Sarong two years ago but have never been able to secure a table there since (Christmas holidays). A friend told me to visit Mamasan as it is the sister restaurant to Sarong. It is a fun place with fabulous food and excellent service. Try the snapper dumplings and the Snapper clay pot - you will not be disappointed and the pricing is very reasonable.

“Wow!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by a few friends, Mama San delivers a delicious modern Chinese fusion. Slow cooked pork ribs for entree were cooked to perfection and we kept the sauce for a beautiful drizzle on the rice with the main of prawn stir fry. Main was a taste explosion, different flavours that all worked do well together. Compliments to the chefs, we"ll be back!

London, United Kingdom
“Modern new york meets bali restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Wonderful ambience. Food is really good. Cozy, casual but chic decor. Very different to usual seminyak. Check out the bar upstairs. Very grown-up and anti-flip flop, yet relaxed. Worth a visit.

Bali, Indonesia
“I am not sure what everyone is on about? Must just be me I guess!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Finally got to Mamasan after hearing so many good things about it. Okay the interior is great and very modern and stylish. However it wasn't too long after I sat down upstairs for a pre-dinner drink that I knew it wasn't for me. Four of us were sitting around a small table with cocktails (very comfortable actually) when the music gradually go louder and louder (someone must have had their hand on the volume I am sure and they just slowly turned the sound up and up) to the point where anything approaching normal conversation was impossible. In fact it got to minor yelling to be heard. Not good. My pina colada was very watery too by the way. So we moved downstairs to what I can only describe as a cafeteria type atmosphere. There was the usual 'manager' welcoming us with a free entree and staff being super (over) attentive BUT it was the noise that drove me mad. Tables are all very close together and the place was full AND consequently the level of sound was virtually in competition mode. If I had not been with friends (who also commented on the noise) I would have left after entrees. I had a headache by the time I left - total cafeteria and not the nice restaurant that I had been told about. Food was ok but nothing outstanding. Masaman curry was good but not the best I have had in Bali for sure.Waiters on two occasions asked if we had finished and went to take plates away when we hadn't finished and a simple look at the food left on the plates would have told the waiters that. For what we had the bill was not cheap - maybe we paid extra for the ambience? A cafeteria with ambience? Mmmm? Never again and I won't recommend it either. For relaxed and a somewhat quieter sort of dining head to La Lucciola or Gado Gado, maybe Sardine or at a pinch try Metis. Slippery Stone and Mozaic - both not sounding good at this stage