“Piece of plastic on my sister Po Bo”
Review of Mamasan

Mamasan
Ranked #20 of 231 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We had lunch for the 1st time in this restaurant after reading some review about the resto. I ordered Pad Thai. My in law ordered Mie Curry And my sister ordered Po Bo. Unfortunately and horrified to find a piece of long plastic on the PO BO. I was not happy coz the restaurant is a fancy and fine dinning resto is not warung. I complained hard about it but finally the chef / manager was coming to apology and offered a new one for replacement but we declined. Hopefully no one would experiece what we had. The foods are goods actually only the experiece was very bad. We tried interesting dessert Mango pudding and the taste is not bad and interesting.

SuzyWongBali, Manager at Mamasan, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Dear Nia1,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Mama San. We sincerely apologise for what was genuinely an accidental and very rare situation with your lunch dining experience.

As I'm sure you can understand, despite absolute best-practice on every level and our best efforts to ensure a delightful attention to detail for our guests in every way (who we love to spoil and delight), sometimes on very rare occasions accidents do happen due to human error.

We take an enormous amount of pride in the high quality of what we offer on every level - including the ingredients and preparation methods that are used in our kitchen to achieve such wonderful dishes - so please be assured that this was a highly unusual, one-off situation. As you mentioned, our manager made all efforts to rectify this immediately for you.

Thank you for you the positive feedback that you did enjoy the food and your dessert also - we are thrilled to hear that.

We noticed that you are based here in Bali, Indonesia, so we do hope that you choose to return again and have other fun and enjoyable times with Mama!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,608)

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I ate with 5 of my friend to celebrate a farewell dinner. We try almost everything from appetizer to desert. We are agree that the appetizer is average, not that extraordinary but not to shabby also. But the big deal is the main dishes we try char siaw (highly recomended), Masaman curry with pita bread ( a perfect mixture), Black pepper beef, Whole fish, Spicy dish and some duck. Most of the portion is huge, you litteraly can share with your date or friend (2-3) person. I suggest you order it one by one to see the actual portion. Most of the food is very good except the duck, not that special. All the staffs are warm and very helpful. We close the dinner with heavenly dessert and full of laugh. Fried ice cream with nutella, banana cake wirh ice cream ( best I ever had) and mixture of mango sorbet, pandan and lyche. The three desert is very good. Overall this is the heaven of asia dish (in bali). This is the 1st and will not be the last

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Went for lunch the first time and the table next to me had been 4 days out of five for lunch!
Ordered the Cha Ca which is a Hanoi dish, it was fantastic and a good representation of this wonderful fish and noodle dish!!
The Thai fish cakes were fantastic too!! The upstairs bar is amazing with georgous lights and leather couches!! I went back twice after this for lunch!!! Can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank TUPPSVictoria
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I took my mother to dinner here when she was visiting, we arrived at 8pm and by 8.30pm our food had all been served and cleared away and they were pushing us upstairs to the bar. Maybe ok at lunch but NOT my idea of a evening out.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Was an awesome night. We even went back twice in a 5 day trip. Entree besel leaves and the dumplings were amazing then main korma chicken and side chickpea curry. Drinks P.I.M.P cocktail so yummy. Loved it

1  Thank dilux