“"great villa"”
Review of Villa Kayu Raja

Villa Kayu Raja
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Kerobokan
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We have just recently spent 5 nights at the Villa Kayu Raja, we were so happy with everything, villa was lovely, bed very comfortable, downstairs the open lounge room was great, loved the pool, nothing better than coming back after a day of walking around and having a swim in your own pool.
Staff - all were just fantastic, very friendly and very welcoming to help you out.
Breakfast - great no complaints
We would definately stay back here again, thanks :)

Room Tip: We had the room facing the morning sun, I liked this, but each to their own.
1  Thank Mel E
Gustra D, Director of Sales at Villa Kayu Raja, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Hi Mel E, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently. Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by providing our guest a better products & services in the future. One thing for sure, guest satisfaction is our primary goal in the villa. Therefore, we would kept enhance the service & facility of the villa and always try to deliver our best possible service to all of our guest. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end ahead!

There are newer reviews for Villa Kayu Raja

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We found this place cantik villas Bali. Loved the service here. Our room was clean and well presented. Their driver had car troubles when picking us up from the airport. I wasn't impressed at first but after a phone call they told us to get a taxi and when we arrived the manger came out and paid for it. Get location and close to everything. If we come back to seminyak we will defiantly be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Emmabarnett12, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently and willing to post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by providing our guest a better products & services in the future. One thing for sure, guest satisfaction is our primary goal in the villa. Therefore, we would kept enhance the service & facility of the villa and always try to deliver our best possible service to all of our guest. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end ahead!

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place although there were a few things that could be better overall was fantastic great food, service, comfy bed clean rooms great shower and spa bath my only complaint was the pool was freezing and smelt funny don't think it was the cleanest but room service was amazing very prompt and any issues we had they sorted we had a problem with our driver total scam the manager stepped in to our defense sorted it out would absolutely return and recommend
Thanks

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amiepoo

Hi Amiepoo, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the chams gather!
Firstly, I would like to express my sincerely thank you for staying with us recently and post a comment on this page. Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use your valuable inputs to encourage our staffs by providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Furthermore, We will pass this issue to the respected department to be follow up accordingly. One thing for sure, our guest's satisfaction is our primary goals in the villa. Therefore, we would doing development (enhance service & facility of the villa) and in other hand always try to maintain our best possible services to all of our guest. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the near future... Have a great week end with your beloved one!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Villa Kayu Raja. It's in a great location with one of the best restaurants just down the road (Sarong - amazing), shopping, day spas and really nice bars / hotels. The villa is so spacious and comfortable, pool was so refreshing, staff were so helpful and friendly. We had a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gustra D, Director of Sales at Villa Kayu Raja, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hi Sarah B, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would coming to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

the villa was good with nice pool we liked it. we did not like the food. Symniak beach is about 15-20 minutes walking distance. Symniak square is about 10-15 minutes walking if you want shopping and nice bars and restaurants. and Kuta is about 15 minutes by taxi

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi KhalidZ, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Regarding the inputs, I will pass it to our respective department to be follow up with further action. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would coming to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Short walk to Seminyak's shopping district but quiet enough that we didnt get the hustle and bustle of Bali's streets. The staff were fantastic, polite, knowledgable and not pushy. A big thanks to Kazu for looking after us and making sure our stay was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was fresh and delicious we expecially liked that the omlettes were made in front of us. The villa itself was massive and private with its own pool, outdoor shower with hot water and bathroom. The king bed was like sleeping on a cloud and especially loved the big ensuite with shower or spa bath. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking at something affordable yet fancy. It was sad to leave.

Room Tip: Our room was 69 which was one of the last villas. It was great not having the early morning wakers h...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi MZ-Aramat, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...where the charms gather!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I booked this place for 4 nights as a 5 star 'mystery hotel' on Wotif...... While it was definitely not 5 stars as advertised, it was a solid 4 stars and there were a few pleasant surprises that left me with a really good impression about this place - especially for the price.

The staff were really lovely.... the room was spacious with an open living area, decent sized lap pool and two plasmas with dvd players.. (this is never usually a selling point for me but travelling on my own with a sick daughter, this set up was a godsend at the time as she was unable to swim until her ear infection cleared up).

Due to my daughter's illness we stayed in the room in the evenings and ordered room service. The food was really fantastic! My daughter is a fussy eater and I'm also quite discerning and the room service was prompt and the food was really impressive. Possibly some of the best room service I've had in my numerous trips to Bali.

We checked out (as planned beforehand) and went to The Kayana and was kindly dropped off by the Kayu Raja driver in their car... The next morning I realised that I had left behind both the adapter and chargers for my iPad and iPhone... I called Kayu Raja and explained what I had left behind and the helpful receptionist took my new room details at The Kayana and advised they would check with house-keeping and call me back.
5 minutes later I had a call from Kayu Raja advising that my adapter and charger were found in my room and that they would bring them to me at The Kayana! Maybe 10 minutes later I was called by The Kayana receptionist to say that a driver from Kayu Raja was waiting for me in the lobby to deliver my iPhone chargers.

I am really amazed by this fantastic customer service and honesty on the part of Kayu Raja. I am most certain that this kind of prompt and kind service would not happen in my city - Sydney. It was really generous and very much appreciated and really left me with a nice feeling about my overall experience at Kayu Raja.

No, not a 5 star experience with the room fit out etc but the staff were really lovely and the service I experienced here surpassed that of the '5 star resort' I later stayed at for more than twice the price (see my review for Anantara Seminyak).

Thank you, Kayu Raja..... while your room design and decor let you down a little and didn't meet the 5 star standard as was advertised, your staff really excelled and the service and kindness we experienced here was most appreciated. After staying elsewhere for more than twice the price, the value and service we experienced was unfortunately more appreciated after we had left.

I hope that this review will inform others of our good experience with you but also hope that you might amend your 5 star rating so that others do not have an unrealistic expectation before they stay with you. You have a great set up and fabulous staff, but travellers need to be honestly informed about where they are choosing to spend their holiday and by rating yourself as 5 stars, you are just setting yourself up for disappointing reviews.

Your rooms are great - large, well designed good air-con (in bedrooms only), the large open living area and kitchenette is great and the two tvs and DVD's are a big plus for families - but you aren't a 5 star establishment (in the design, finishes of the room/restaurant etc) and most travellers will make their own opinion about where they want to stay based on ratings and price and I think that honesty is the best policy and will place you in a better category for reviewers who feel that they got what they expected when they booked on-line.

Thanks again for a really nice experience with your staff at Kyau Raja..... your kindness and lovely service was much needed and very much appreciated.

Room Tip: the pool villa rooms are great but not recommended for families with kids under 4 or so as they are...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank KylieBondi

Hi KylieBondi, greeting from Villa Kayu Raja...Bali!
Trust this writing finds you & family are well!
On behalf of Staff & Management, I would like to express my sincere thank you for staying with us recently & post a comment on this page! Your comments and inputs are really appreciated, we will use it to encourage our staff to providing our guest a better products & services in the future. Regarding to your input about the hotel rating, I would make sure to revise it in all of our booking channel. Thank you once again, should you have any inquiry or other inputs to Villa Kayu Raja, do not hesitate to send us an email through: info@villakayuraja.com to be followed up. Last but not least, We hope that you would come to stay with us again in the future... Have a great week end with your beloved ones!
Gustra Darma.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerobokan
The Kunja Villas & Spa
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#20 of 147 in Seminyak
The Villas Bali Hotel & Spa

Been to Villa Kayu Raja? Share your experiences!